Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team im4uainva's Avatar
    My Mood
    Vilified on TideFans.com

Re: SEC Scheduling (LSU Conspiracy Theories)

IIRC, didn't a lot of our fans comment on losing UGA on our schedule this year. And, IIRC, disappointment was the common theme. Seems to me that we thought UGA was getting off lightly by not having to play Bama. Of course the SECCG proved they were a bit tougher than we thought they were, but the result was the same.

Roll Tsunami, Roll!

2. Advertisement

You know who they have to play that brings up their schedule strength every year? Bama. Bama doesn't play Bama so that hurts our strength of schedule comparatively to the teams Bama plays. Now what the heck can we do about that?

BamaNation All-American

Posted by yours truly elsewhere:

Everyone points to Alabama's schedule this year as some sign of favoritism.

That's fascinating, considering the 2009 and 2010 years and what the Tide went through.

In 2009 Alabama, going undefeated, played 8 SEC teams. Of those 8, 7 had winning records and went on to Bowl Games. They also opened with Va Tech (a 10 win team), had to beat an undefeated Florida in the SECCG, and then beat an undefeated Texas in the Rose Bowl

In 2010, Alabama had to play 6 SEC squads who had a week off prior to playing them. That included drawing Florida and South Carolina from the East, as well as bowl-bound Tennessee (teams 1, 2 and T3 in the SEC East).

In 2011, after having played South Carolina twice, USCe rotated off the schedule and Vandy rotated on. Florida was in the second game of their swing against the Tide. Florida under achieved that year, winning only 7 overall games.

In 2012, Florida rotated off. Florida, of course, has a break out season. SEC officials, in an AMAZING amount of psychic power, accurately predicts this will happen when they first drew up the rotational schedule years ago.

The SEC, while making the 2012 schedule, moves Vandy off of Alabama's schedule for Missouri (an 8-5 team from the previous year, who had beaten Texas A&M, and narrowly lost by 1 score three times - to ASU, highly ranked KSU, and RG3 led Baylor). Once again, kudos to the SEC for being able to see that this team that was just shy of winning 11 games the previous year would have a worse record than Vanderbilt.

So basically it boils down to this:
    Alabama has 6 West opponents (6 of 8 SEC games)
    Tennessee as a permanent opponent (established in 1992, during a very good run for Tennessee)
    Rotates 1 SEC East Team (previously 2 teams)

How dare you Alabama! How dare you use your powers to foresee the future for such a trivial thing as football scheduling instead of solving the world's problems!

For SHAME!
    Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Depressed on TideFans.com

Gee, what are they going to do if they win the West next year and have to play somebody decent in the SECCG? Blame Alabama for losing the West?

You don't see us complaining about how they've had an off week before our game for what seems like forever.
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again
    But until that day you know you are
    The queen of my heart

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by thefloydian View Post
    I was just trying to find out what happened. I'm guessing it has to do with the addition of A&M and Mizzou.
    Trolling......
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post
    Alabama's SoS was #2 that year. #1 was Miss. State who had to play Alabama...

In 2010 Alabama had to face an insane number of teams coming off of bye weeks (and I believe all their losses were in fact against teams coming off of bye weeks) and on top of that it was also the 14th most difficult schedule in the country.

Alabama has had more than their fare share of difficult schedules.
    In 2010 Bama also had 5 consecutive SEC games in consecutive weeks with 3 of those on the road. LSU did not have more than 2 SEC games in consecutive weeks in 2010.

http://www.hollymcdonald.com/pages.p.../08/27/1870981
    Last edited by ALA2262; December 6th, 2012 at 07:13 AM. Reason: added link

BamaNation Hall of Fame GulfCoastTider's Avatar
    My Mood
    Ornery on TideFans.com

All SEC fans not wearing Crimson hold the following to be true:

If we play Bama, we have a difficult schedule. All teams not playing Bama have an easy schedule. And, the only reason we have to play Bama and they don't is because the conference and Mike Slive are out to get us.
    “Lamar Thomas has got it, he's on his way down the sidelines... George Teague runs him down! He took the ball away!!! HE'S GOT THE BALL!!!"

Thread deleted by SavannahDare
    Reason: Dude! Coach Saban would sooner die than tweet.

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar

LSU has whined about having to play Florida ever since 1992 when the SEC took over the scheduling. Did you ever wonder just why the SEC might have thought they were rivals? Could it have been that, with no gun to their head, and no one even twisting their arm, LSU had scheduled Florida EVERY year since 1953 with the exception of 1968, 1969, and 1970!?

http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/...&team2=Florida

Suspended

SEC needs to go to a 9 game conference schedule. Alabama didn't play UF,USC, or UGA in the regular season. UGA didn't play Alabama or LSU. Is it any wonder they both were in the title game? To be fair, they did meet each other before it was over. Most years, Alabama gets the bad deal on the schedule.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    I think Alabama suffered from the scheduling monster for several years where it added up across consecutive seasons where Alabama played like 14-15 SEC teams coming off their byes. At one point Alabama played 6 consecutive SEC teams coming off their bye.

I wouldn't bother with too many LSU internet fans. It is quite funny how they commonly call us "arrogant" yet I have found they are about as arrogant as they come. They love the "we play down to our competition" phrase. How convenient. Trust me, it's not that any team is better than LSU. NOOOO!!!! That is impossible. They just "play down to their competition". Anytime they win it's because they are so great. But anytime Bama wins (against any team) go look at their boards. Excuse, after excuse after excuse of how "lucky" Bama was and "they're not really that good" etc. It kills them to say Alabama is good. That is why they come up with all this conspiracy theory mess. Yet I can't tell you how many games I've watched (against other teams besides Bama) where they benefited from non calls or calls that shouldn't have been called on the other team that helped them.

They've handled success the wrong way. Obnoxious is being kind.
    As Coach Bryant used to say, "You make your own luck".

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by thefloydian View Post
    I was just trying to find out what happened. I'm guessing it has to do with the addition of A&M and Mizzou.
    yes...adding the new teams they reqorked the schedule...
    we got a lucky break from it.
    comspiracy? not.

Quote Originally Posted by 257WBY View Post
    SEC needs to go to a 9 game conference schedule. Alabama didn't play UF,USC, or UGA in the regular season. UGA didn't play Alabama or LSU. Is it any wonder they both were in the title game? To be fair, they did meet each other before it was over. Most years, Alabama gets the bad deal on the schedule.
    The 9 game SEC schedule appears inevitable. However I think it is not a good idea. It means the two champions have to play a 10th SEC game. That seems pretty tough.
    Bama 873-315-44 72.6% On the field

23 SEC CHAMPIONSHIPS

BamaNation First Team Alajambama's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

LSU has not played a game the week before playing Alabama in my lifetime. They need to shut up about scheduling.
    The best thing to ever come out of Tennessee...I-65 heading south.