SEC Scheduling (LSU Conspiracy Theories)

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
LSU has whined about having to play Florida ever since 1992 when the SEC took over the scheduling. Did you ever wonder just why the SEC might have thought they were rivals? Could it have been that, with no gun to their head, and no one even twisting their arm, LSU had scheduled Florida EVERY year since 1953 with the exception of 1968, 1969, and 1970!?

http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin...&end=1991&team1=Louisiana+State&team2=Florida

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
SEC needs to go to a 9 game conference schedule. Alabama didn't play UF,USC, or UGA in the regular season. UGA didn't play Alabama or LSU. Is it any wonder they both were in the title game? To be fair, they did meet each other before it was over. Most years, Alabama gets the bad deal on the schedule.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I think Alabama suffered from the scheduling monster for several years where it added up across consecutive seasons where Alabama played like 14-15 SEC teams coming off their byes. At one point Alabama played 6 consecutive SEC teams coming off their bye.

I wouldn't bother with too many LSU internet fans. It is quite funny how they commonly call us "arrogant" yet I have found they are about as arrogant as they come. They love the "we play down to our competition" phrase. How convenient. Trust me, it's not that any team is better than LSU. NOOOO!!!! That is impossible. They just "play down to their competition". Anytime they win it's because they are so great. But anytime Bama wins (against any team) go look at their boards. Excuse, after excuse after excuse of how "lucky" Bama was and "they're not really that good" etc. It kills them to say Alabama is good. That is why they come up with all this conspiracy theory mess. Yet I can't tell you how many games I've watched (against other teams besides Bama) where they benefited from non calls or calls that shouldn't have been called on the other team that helped them.

They've handled success the wrong way. Obnoxious is being kind.
As Coach Bryant used to say, "You make your own luck".

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
SEC needs to go to a 9 game conference schedule. Alabama didn't play UF,USC, or UGA in the regular season. UGA didn't play Alabama or LSU. Is it any wonder they both were in the title game? To be fair, they did meet each other before it was over. Most years, Alabama gets the bad deal on the schedule.
The 9 game SEC schedule appears inevitable. However I think it is not a good idea. It means the two champions have to play a 10th SEC game. That seems pretty tough.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
The resolution is clearly to try and make the schedule as tough as possible!

Does it occur to you that Alabama might be in the national championship game because they didn't have to play those three teams in the regular season? Their regular season schedule was plenty hard.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
LSU has not played a game the week before playing Alabama in my lifetime. They need to shut up about scheduling.

True if you were born after 11/7/2009. LSU played Tulane the week before Bama in 2009 and 2008. Of course those were open dates and they could have taken the week off if they had so chosen. Just as in 2005 with Appy State. Not so in 2006 when the SEC scheduled them to play ut the week before Bama. And UK in 2002. And Ole Miss in 2001, 1999, and 1998. And UK in 1997. And Ole Miss in 1994, 1993, and 1992.

http://www.jhowell.net/cf/scores/LouisianaState.htm

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I think Alabama suffered from the scheduling monster for several years where it added up across consecutive seasons where Alabama played like 14-15 SEC teams coming off their byes. At one point Alabama played 6 consecutive SEC teams coming off their bye.

I wouldn't bother with too many LSU internet fans. It is quite funny how they commonly call us "arrogant" yet I have found they are about as arrogant as they come. They love the "we play down to our competition" phrase. How convenient. Trust me, it's not that any team is better than LSU. NOOOO!!!! That is impossible. They just "play down to their competition". Anytime they win it's because they are so great. But anytime Bama wins (against any team) go look at their boards. Excuse, after excuse after excuse of how "lucky" Bama was and "they're not really that good" etc. It kills them to say Alabama is good. That is why they come up with all this conspiracy theory mess. Yet I can't tell you how many games I've watched (against other teams besides Bama) where they benefited from non calls or calls that shouldn't have been called on the other team that helped them.
They've handled success the wrong way. Obnoxious is being kind.
You hit the nail on the head.
The same can be said of Georgia.
I loved the Mark Richt comment after the SEC Championship Game,
something implying that they didn't really loose, just run out of time.
(The scoreboard begged to differ) :)
(Arrogant Whiner)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.