Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: Jake Waters Juco QB gets Alabama visit

Quote Originally Posted by M2J View Post
    Well they've got to protect themselves. Everybody knows AJ wants to leave, its about whether he will or not.

Nobody KNOWS that
    I can think of one person who may have an idea of where AJ's mind is heading...and they have scholarships to use if they believe they need an additional QB

2. Advertisement
    FB | REC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bamafaninOhiO View Post
    why are you so confident that our backup QBs are terrible???
    Terrible is a very strong word that probably overstates the situation, but admittedly we cannot run our base offense with our current back-up, so it's a concern area.

Not sure Waters ends up at 'Bama, and frankly I imagine he signs elsewhere. Still, though, I could see the reasoning for our interest. No one really knows about McCarron, I suppose -- no he shouldn't leave early, but you never really know what will go through someone's head -- and there has been some mention of Ely being a potential transfer candidate.

Again, doubt it happens, but if the staff believes he legitimately has the talent then I can see the appeal. Whoever mentioned it above is probably right, though, in that McLeod would probably greyshirt if that came to pass (which is something he may or may not be willing to do).

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze View Post
    You know, this could simply be a case of a big time prospect showing interest and the guy turns out to be too good to turn down. I mean, it doesn't matter if you have 10 QBs on scolly...if a Peyton Manning type player (for example) wants to be on your team then you take him, right? Just sayin...

uh...you usually have to use some scholarships for other position players too; linemen, defensive players, rb's etc...

just cant give out schollys to every QB who shows interest.

AJ said today that he's staying another year.
    Ezekiel 20:29 "Then I said to them, 'What is the high place to which you go?' So its name is called Bamah to this day."

BamaNation All-SEC JustNeedMe81's Avatar
    My Mood
    Amazed on TideFans.com

[QUOTE=tide power fan;2057648]
    Quote Originally Posted by megalurch69 View Post
    This does not mean that Aj is going pro. Has anyone seem our backup Qb's? They are terrible. If Aj were to go down we need a guy that could step in and handle the offense and make throws. Blake Sims can run but he can't consistently throw, Ely is terrible. All this means is we need a viable qb to back up and then possibly take over for Aj[/QUOTE I second that]
    I disagree. WE haven't seen enough of them to make that decision. There's a reason why CNS recuited them.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamafaninOhiO View Post
    uh...you usually have to use some scholarships for other position players too; linemen, defensive players, rb's etc...

just cant give out schollys to every QB who shows interest.
    You missed my point, which is, if you have a lot of players at one position (say wide receiver) and a player like Julio Jones wants to sign as a JC transfer...do you sign him? For that once in a decade player, yes I do. This QB may or may not be that type of talent but if he were, my argment is, then yes, I can see signing him. That's all...not trying to be smarter than anyone else.

BTW, very glad to see AJ saying he will be back next year. RTR!!!
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

News|BB|FB|Rec Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I think we can close the door on this one

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze View Post
    You missed my point, which is, if you have a lot of players at one position (say wide receiver) and a player like Julio Jones wants to sign as a JC transfer...do you sign him? For that once in a decade player, yes I do. This QB may or may not be that type of talent but if he were, my argment is, then yes, I can see signing him. That's all...not trying to be smarter than anyone else.

BTW, very glad to see AJ saying he will be back next year. RTR!!!
    I apologize, my response may have seemed a little smirky (rereading it, it seemed like it to me), and I didnt intend it that way at all...

I was estatic to see McCarron returning too, and It would seem if we take another JUCO QB, there would be transfers forthcoming for the QB position, especially with McCarron coming back for another season...

its the only position where one guy takes the majority of the playing time, and most dont want to wait in a crowd for the chance.

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Committed to Kansas State today.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Rocknrolltide View Post
    Committed to Kansas State today.
    That makes it sound like he was leaning towards us until AJ said he's coming back. Any thoughts?

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by DocCrimson View Post
    That makes it sound like he was leaning towards us until AJ said he's coming back. Any thoughts?
    We keep AJ and Kansas State gets the next Colin Klein type QB...

BamaNation All-American Tider@GW_Law's Avatar

I still cringed at the idea of him making a 6th scholarship QB on the roster next year with AJ leaving. 7 scholly QBs is even scarier to think about.

AJ, Ely, Alec Morris, Sims, and the 2 in this class.

BamaNation First Team Rolltide_PA's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

no, he said he was a penn state lean until the KSU qb coach did an in-home visit this week
    http://www.kansascity.com/2012/12/13/3964364/jake- waters-standout-junior-college.html