JUCO QB Jake Waters commits to Kansas St

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Re: Jake Waters Juco QB gets Alabama visit

Hence Morris and why if AJ got hurt it was reported the staff would burn his RS. Bateman would not beat Morris out if AJ leaves. Morris next fall will have 3 semesters under him. Now if AJ stays the following year may be interesting but Morris will be the #2 next year.
I completely agree.. Unless Bateman just comes in and blows everyone out of the water, Morris should be an easy #2 if AJ returns

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning

I'm not sure what film you or the recruiting sites are watching but Cooper runs a 4.6 and is very good at rolling out of the pocket and throwing on the run.

I do agree on Morris. He will be #2 next year if AJ leaves. He has a big arm and good upside. He should be a fine QB for us under Coach Nuss.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

You know, this could simply be a case of a big time prospect showing interest and the guy turns out to be too good to turn down. I mean, it doesn't matter if you have 10 QBs on scolly...if a Peyton Manning type player (for example) wants to be on your team then you take him, right? Just sayin...

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

This does not mean that Aj is going pro. Has anyone seem our backup Qb's? They are terrible. If Aj were to go down we need a guy that could step in and handle the offense and make throws. Blake Sims can run but he can't consistently throw, Ely is terrible. All this means is we need a viable qb to back up and then possibly take over for Aj
why are you so confident that our backup QBs are terrible???

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

Well they've got to protect themselves. Everybody knows AJ wants to leave, its about whether he will or not.

Nobody KNOWS that
I can think of one person who may have an idea of where AJ's mind is heading...and they have scholarships to use if they believe they need an additional QB

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

why are you so confident that our backup QBs are terrible???
Terrible is a very strong word that probably overstates the situation, but admittedly we cannot run our base offense with our current back-up, so it's a concern area.

Not sure Waters ends up at 'Bama, and frankly I imagine he signs elsewhere. Still, though, I could see the reasoning for our interest. No one really knows about McCarron, I suppose -- no he shouldn't leave early, but you never really know what will go through someone's head -- and there has been some mention of Ely being a potential transfer candidate.

Again, doubt it happens, but if the staff believes he legitimately has the talent then I can see the appeal. Whoever mentioned it above is probably right, though, in that McLeod would probably greyshirt if that came to pass (which is something he may or may not be willing to do).

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

You know, this could simply be a case of a big time prospect showing interest and the guy turns out to be too good to turn down. I mean, it doesn't matter if you have 10 QBs on scolly...if a Peyton Manning type player (for example) wants to be on your team then you take him, right? Just sayin...

uh...you usually have to use some scholarships for other position players too; linemen, defensive players, rb's etc...

just cant give out schollys to every QB who shows interest.

steej71

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 17, 2011

AJ said today that he's staying another year.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

This does not mean that Aj is going pro. Has anyone seem our backup Qb's? They are terrible. If Aj were to go down we need a guy that could step in and handle the offense and make throws. Blake Sims can run but he can't consistently throw, Ely is terrible. All this means is we need a viable qb to back up and then possibly take over for Aj[/QUOTE I second that]
I disagree. WE haven't seen enough of them to make that decision. There's a reason why CNS recuited them.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

uh...you usually have to use some scholarships for other position players too; linemen, defensive players, rb's etc...

just cant give out schollys to every QB who shows interest.
You missed my point, which is, if you have a lot of players at one position (say wide receiver) and a player like Julio Jones wants to sign as a JC transfer...do you sign him? For that once in a decade player, yes I do. This QB may or may not be that type of talent but if he were, my argment is, then yes, I can see signing him. That's all...not trying to be smarter than anyone else.

BTW, very glad to see AJ saying he will be back next year. RTR!!!

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

You missed my point, which is, if you have a lot of players at one position (say wide receiver) and a player like Julio Jones wants to sign as a JC transfer...do you sign him? For that once in a decade player, yes I do. This QB may or may not be that type of talent but if he were, my argment is, then yes, I can see signing him. That's all...not trying to be smarter than anyone else.

BTW, very glad to see AJ saying he will be back next year. RTR!!!
I apologize, my response may have seemed a little smirky (rereading it, it seemed like it to me), and I didnt intend it that way at all...

I was estatic to see McCarron returning too, and It would seem if we take another JUCO QB, there would be transfers forthcoming for the QB position, especially with McCarron coming back for another season...

its the only position where one guy takes the majority of the playing time, and most dont want to wait in a crowd for the chance.

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA

That makes it sound like he was leaning towards us until AJ said he's coming back. Any thoughts?
I still cringed at the idea of him making a 6th scholarship QB on the roster next year with AJ leaving. 7 scholly QBs is even scarier to think about.

AJ, Ely, Alec Morris, Sims, and the 2 in this class.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011

That makes it sound like he was leaning towards us until AJ said he's coming back. Any thoughts?
no, he said he was a penn state lean until the KSU qb coach did an in-home visit this week
http://www.kansascity.com/2012/12/13/3964364/jake- waters-standout-junior-college.html

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.