Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Barrett Jones is one high class young man!

I am pretty sure Santa is real. He is in all kinds of Chevrolet commercials now.

Quote Originally Posted by mrusso View Post
    Dragons are mythical? What's next...Santa isn't real?
    "We have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate."

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Barrett Jones is one high class young man!

Quote Originally Posted by RedStar View Post
    One problem with your post. This BCS Championship game isn't Mythical. It's the NC, not the MNC.

The only people who say Mythical are fans of teams who haven't won one. Mississippi State, Vanderbilt, etc...
    Ha-ha-ha! Ironic thing is lots of folks on this board referred to it as MNC until about 2008. Now, not so much.

So many have such a short memory.
    "Sometimes the juice is worth the squeeze." - Marcus Luttrell, 'Service - A Navy SEAL at War'

Yes, Barrett Jones is a very accomplished young man and one we can all look up to. Can you imagine if he played for Notre Dame? I expect he would have been deified by now.

You have no idea how true your last sentence is. Funny thing is, with limitations of course, he's earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDee View Post
    Yes, Barrett Jones is a very accomplished young man and one we can all look up to. Can you imagine if he played for Notre Dame? I expect he would have been deified by now.

Quote Originally Posted by SoINIrishFan View Post
    You have no idea how true your last sentence is. Funny thing is, with limitations of course, he's earned it.
    You're wrong. I have a pretty good idea how true it is.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDee View Post
    You're wrong. I have a pretty good idea how true it is.
    I stand corrected. My apologies.

Barrett Jones is one of the all time greats for Alabama, but DJ doesn't get his due. Yes most of us know how good he is, but alot of people on this board only talk about his struggles with pass protection and him giving away our playcalls.

He has drastically improved over the course of the season and has helped motivate our team to a level that us on the brink of #15. The way he gets all fired up does wonders for our team that none of us know about.

He is one of my all time favorites to wear the Crimson.
    "We have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate."

BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by SavannahDare View Post
    Ha-ha-ha! Ironic thing is lots of folks on this board referred to it as MNC until about 2008. Now, not so much.

So many have such a short memory.
    I was young and naive when I referred to them as MNC's. I'm a grizzled 28 and hardened by life. They are mythical no more
    Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice? Congratulations, you'd probably make a pretty good con-man.

Outland Trophy handed out tonight...

GL to BJ!

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Barrett Jones is one high class young man!

Quote Originally Posted by RedStar View Post
    I was young and naive when I referred to them as MNC's. I'm a grizzled 28 and hardened by life. They are mythical no more
    Convenient.
    "Sometimes the juice is worth the squeeze." - Marcus Luttrell, 'Service - A Navy SEAL at War'

BamaNation Second Team
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Call me clueless, but I have been wondering what MNC stood for since having seen it in other threads. That was a new one for me. Guess it is above my pay grade. School says 14, works for me . Apparently ESPN is giving us credit for 9 and ND for 8. Both are programs neck deep in tradition and success. I am not a ND fan by any means but I do respect their impact on college football as we know it. ROLL TIDE!

Manti and Barrett just did an interview on CFB Daily together before the awards show. Barrett really loves that camera. He is a cool dude. After a great NFL career, he will for sure be an analyst.

I also like to see the banter between Manti and Barrett. Looks like they have become good friends.