"Gus Malzahn hires Ellis Johnson as defensive coordinator"

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
well as DC @ Bama from 97-2000, the tide averaged 6 wins per year and lost both bowl games...

so I would take that with his tenure at AU!
The only thing he did right was dial-up a blitz on the next-to-last play in regulation during the regular season game at Fla.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
This is great news for Bama...he wasn't any good at Clemson or UA...has jumped from one school to another quicker than anyone I know. We will not have to worry about his defense, that is for sure.

tide rider

3rd Team
Oct 17, 2007
Johnson is a good coach if he has talented players to work with.

The biggest challenge Auburn is going to face is finding quality recruits on the defensive side of the ball with teams like UA, LSU, UF, and UGA getting the best players from their respective states.
They have recruited well for last few years.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Terrible hire, although his USCe defense did hold Mark Ingram to 246 yards rushing in the 2009 game.
The last five minutes of that game were classic. Line up in the wildcat, snap it directly to Ingram, smash the ball down the field, ending the drive with a touchdown. Ingram was so exhausted when he scored and had to be helped off the field by his team mates. A fine memory.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Don't forget,he sued the UA after leaving.
That is one of the reasons I cannot stand him. Seems like his lawsuit was for wrongful termination when he and the rest of Dubose's assistant were axed to leave. IIRC he and Dubose were roommates as assistants at USM. I am ecstatic about him being au's DC.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
That is one of the reasons I cannot stand him. Seems like his lawsuit was for wrongful termination when he and the rest of Dubose's assistant were axed to leave. IIRC he and Dubose were roommates as assistants at USM. I am ecstatic about him being au's DC.
Part of the reason behind the lawsuit was that he could not sell his house for over two years and thought he was being blackballed along with CMD. He lost money on it.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
"Hey, there was this time when API played Bama, and they didn't score, and 'Jim' cried. Just like a little girl. That whole place is a piece of junk."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.