Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Joe Schad - TENN now interested in Kirby Smart

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    I've said it ad nauseum and I'll say it again - go OUTSIDE the SEC, take your lumps, make your mistakes, THEN come in and do your thing.
    He won't have to, especially if Muchamp and Fisher continue to perform well. Unless he just wants to be a head coach and is unhappy as a Bama DC at 36.

A good example, Auburn would have taken Coach Smart over Malzahn.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC 37bamagreats55's Avatar

If Coach Smart had interest in the AU job, he'd certainly be interested in this one. UT is the better job as it doesn't have the black cloud of NCAA current investigations surrounding it.....It's an SEC job, the Eastern Division, good facilities, a winning program, etc... etc..... It wouldn't be a good business decision to not to at least see what it's all about.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GulfCoastTider's Avatar
    My Mood
    Ornery on TideFans.com

I refuse to link to him or quote him directly, but Ol Tennstud says that UT wants Kirby as DC and Petrino as OC, with both getting multiple year deals at $1.7 mil.

He says the next head coach is the old head coach. No, the old old one: Phatimus.
    “Lamar Thomas has got it, he's on his way down the sidelines... George Teague runs him down! He took the ball away!!! HE'S GOT THE BALL!!!"

Thread deleted by SavannahDare
    Reason: Dude! Coach Saban would sooner die than tweet.

BamaNation First Team Snuffy Smith's Avatar

Joe Schad - TENN now interested in Kirby Smart

Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoastTider View Post
    I refuse to link to him or quote him directly, but Ol Tennstud says that UT wants Kirby as DC and Petrino as OC, with both getting multiple year deals at $1.7 mil.

He says the next head coach is the old head coach. No, the old old one: Phatimus.
    Well that is the most presumptuous thing I have heard - well they thought they would land Gruden so maybe not...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoastTider View Post

LOL.

We'll pay CKS whatever someone else will for the same position, if we even have to.

Fulmer on the sidelines is the stuff of dreams...
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation Hall of Fame GulfCoastTider's Avatar
    My Mood
    Ornery on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    LOL.

We'll pay CKS whatever someone else will for the same position, if we even have to.

Fulmer on the sidelines is the stuff of dreams...
    That was precisely my reaction as well.

I could see BP taking the OC position out of sheer desperation. I could also see them trying to resurrect Phatimus for a year or two. But to seriously believe that KS would take a lateral move (at best) for a little more money is pyschotic.
    “Lamar Thomas has got it, he's on his way down the sidelines... George Teague runs him down! He took the ball away!!! HE'S GOT THE BALL!!!"

Thread deleted by SavannahDare
    Reason: Dude! Coach Saban would sooner die than tweet.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Of the last 3 names mentioned, Jones, Smart, and Pellini to me it is a no brainer. Jones has been a heckuva of a coach at every stop he has made. He should be able to recruit Ohio, PA etc plus the southeast, but it will take awhile. I really don't know about Smart, tough position to be put in with no HC experience. Pellini, like Bielema, may see the handwriting on the wall in the Big 10 that Meyer and Hoke maybe getting those programs back to historical highs. I just have never been bowled over by Pellini as the head man at Nebraska.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Originally Posted by GulfCoastTider I refuse to link to him or quote him directly, but Ol Tennstud says that UT wants Kirby as DC and Petrino as OC, with both getting multiple year deals at $1.7 mil.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy Smith View Post
    Well that is the most presumptuous thing I have heard - well they thought they would land Gruden so maybe not...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And whomever said it is most likely pretentious.

Hart done worked himself into a bad spot huh?

Quote Originally Posted by buzzincuzzin View Post
    Hart done worked himself into a bad spot huh?
    I'm pretty sure this is the first big hire Hart's ever made - I think we're seeing experience gained the hard way on this one...
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

It's called "opportunity"....Tennessee has a better tradition than the barn, I'm just not sure their pockets are as deep...
    Last edited by twofbyc; December 6th, 2012 at 01:59 PM.

wasn't it widely reported yesterday that Smart declined to be interviewed for this job?

If he shuns this, presumptuous or not I will believe he has an under the table agreement with Bama.