Joe Schad - TENN now interested in Kirby Smart

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I refuse to link to him or quote him directly, but Ol Tennstud says that UT wants Kirby as DC and Petrino as OC, with both getting multiple year deals at $1.7 mil.

He says the next head coach is the old head coach. No, the old old one: Phatimus.
He has been hitting the sauce WAYY TOO HARD......haha

No way Smart would leave Bama for another DC job. Anybody with sense knows this but of course we are talking about TennStud.

bmfcox

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 23, 2012
Imo tenn made a big mistake letting d.dooley go. However,its a mistake im glad they made. I think given two more seasons to get a foundation in place he couldve made tenn relevant again. Of all the fanbases in the sec theirs is the most impatient of all. For some reason the majority of their fanbase believe they can hire somebody,the new guy come in and wave a magic wand and presto,their playing in the dome at the end of the year. It just doesnt work that way. Especially in this conference. If you think about it tenn gonna have real tough road back to competing. With the lack of high school talent in state,tennessee has usually had to recruit heavily in not only other parts of the southeast but nationally as well. With coach saban at alabama,muschamp and coach richt all doing excellent jobs of keeping players at home its gonna be real tough for them to reach across state lines and get the type of talent(especially defensively)that theyre gonna need to compete.[QUOTE] Personally i hope they never see another winning season. Im sure you you guys feel the same way
.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree anymore

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Butch Davis doesn't have a show cause penalty because he was never cited in ANY on the UNC violations, and was only let go because they wanted a "clean slate" to start over with....
Correct. At the time he was let go he wasn't cleared yet, but has since been cleared from any wrong doing so anybody that hires him is good to go.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Now if UT gets serious about an offer and Kirby is seriously looking, we could be in trouble here. Yes he has to face Saban, but UT is in the East and a very respectable job where you can recruit nationwide. I think he could take them places honestly if given time and I think Hart would.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.