Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Is Bobby Petrino washed up with the big jobs?

The word is that Bobby Petrino only received a courtesy phone interview from Auburn after the President and Jacobs vetoed his hiring. Supposedly football never came up but only his behavior at Arkansas. At one point Petrino offered that he and his reconciled with wife come down and have a face to face but was refused. He was left hurt and angry according to Scarbinski.

I personally though he could choose between Tennessee and Auburn, but Kentucky didn't even want him. Now he is being mentioned with lesser jobs and scenarios.. if so and so leaves he might get an offer.

Petrino is washed up at the big schools imo and will have to work his way back up at a smaller school.

I was wrong gauging winning vs baggage. Lying to the same people who would hire him has done it's damage. Mom was right

Any thoughts?

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Bobby Petrino washed up with the big jobs?

Not so much washed up as in just a lot of baggage.

The fact he violated hiring laws and such by having his mistress on staff without going through proper interviewing processes, thus opening the risk to lawsuits, is a big thing to potential employers.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't said that the SEC presidents agreed he would not coach in the SEC again. I'm sure he will find a gig in a lesser conference one day.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peariver View Post
    Wasn't said that the SEC presidents agreed he would not coach in the SEC again. I'm sure he will find a gig in a lesser conference one day.
    That is a rumor that some have given credence to in terms of an unwritten rule/gentleman's agreement.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post

The fact he violated hiring laws and such by having his mistress on staff without going through proper interviewing processes, thus opening the risk to lawsuits, is a big thing to potential employers.
    For sure, like Dubose X10. It was probably the Bleacher Reports that were predicting his quick rise back into the fold. Sure hasn't worked out that way.
    Gentleman's agreement sounds probable.

Post Thanks / Like

Bobby's biggest problem in getting hired again is this....when (not if) he pulls another bone-headed stunt, there is no way for whomever hired him to explain it to their boss. Damaged goods....
    "Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n." -- Houston Oiler head coach Bum Phillips, a former player under Coach Bryant

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Petrino-Gate, Louisville fell apart after he left and accused him of bad discipline on top of being sneeky, Atlanta Mess, Arkansas mess plus the team fell apart when he left. The big paying jobs might be gone for Petrino. Did it to himself.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jack Bourbon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Persnickety on TideFans.com

He's had problems everywhere he's been that have been hurtful to his employers. Who wants that?

Post Thanks / Like

I hope no SEC or for that matter a d1, d2 school, even a high school would ever hire that liar.

I also hope he does not get a job at ESPN as a talking head.

I just want him to go away and never be heard again.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post

Not to mention leaving his past three employers in the lurch in one way or another - a future employer is going to approach the hire very carefully. He might be a great offensive coordinator, but he's amazingly immature.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bourbon View Post
    He's had problems everywhere he's been that have been hurtful to his employers. Who wants that?
    And it's uncanny how his team at Louisville and Arkansas both collapsed when he left, like the foundation was made on sand. That would have to be considered with the risk.

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe he is.
    Nevermind the baggage he's carried everywhere he's been.
    Nevermind the affair (as hard as that is to overlook or dismiss.)
    He LIED to his previous boss about the whole deal going on. His boss gave him multiple opportunities to come clean, and he still clung to his story ... until the facts were public.
    Further, his affair and the way he hired his mistress for a job put the entire university at risk for a major league, multimillion dollar sexual harrassment suit.
    He's done on the big stage.

BamaNation All-American B1GTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

He has a long row to hoe, to be sure, but someone will give him a shot because he is a winner.