Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team MS TN NC Tidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Is Bobby Petrino washed up with the big jobs?

The guy has lied to his past 3 employers and his wife and family. What idiot is going to believe a word he says? Maybe he can catch on as an OC somewhere, but why would you ever let him be the face of your program? Why would you let him be the representative of your university that goes into recruits homes?

I'm not sure even ESPN wants him and that's pretty bad (after all, they let serial cheater Holtz represent them).

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Is Bobby Petrino washed up with the big jobs?

Perception is a HUGE factor for CF programs these days. This is especially true in the SEC. The fact that he straight up lied AND tried to cover up AND broke univ. statutes by giving the chick a Cush job spells doom for BP in the eyes of any component Univ. Pres. or A.D.

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    He certainly had no issues leaving Louisville and Atlanta in the lurch, despite his contract.

The dude has shown a pattern of incredible immaturity - unless / until he spends a few years NOT screwing up, he's toxic, imo.

Is there a school desperate enough to hire him? Most likely, yes - but to put it in perspective, three SEC head coaches have been filled since he was fired and he wasn't seriously considered for any of them. Not even the barn...
    Exactly. The lack of a serious look by the SEC teams answered the question about his future that many were unsure of. It could have gone either way imo.

Less than a year ago Arkansas was back to heights last seen with Lou Holtz. Now he can only get a sham phone interview(scolding)with one of the dirtier top gigs at Auburn.....washed up.

I believe the Arkansas team crumbling this year had a lot to do with it. Not leaving his team (your program) on a solid foundation with his departure says something about his coaching methods. It was Louisville Déjà vu.

BamaNation First Team Im_on_dsp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    If wifey is ready to go to bat for him things must be well in the Petrino house as well.
    Not so fast my friend. I'm betting wifey would like the money that would come from a new head coaching gig as much as Bobby.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

All I can say is that Mrs. Petrino is much more understanding and forgiving than Mrs.1967 would be.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamachile's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

You choose your actions in life. You cannot choose the consequences.

BP has done too many people too much personal wrong in one lifetime to be trusted with a head coaching job at any level. If any organization chooses to ignore his past, they deserve to share his future.
    Last edited by bamachile; December 7th, 2012 at 02:32 PM. Reason: grammar
    “Louisiana is a fresh-air mental asylum.”
    ― James Lee Burke, Pegasus Descending

BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Petrino is learning a lesson Fulmer had trouble accepting. A winning record on the field will only go so far in countering a corrupt mindset. Both are washed out as far as an SEC coaching job, over character issues, not their ability to coach.

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    All I can say is that Mrs. Petrino is much more understanding and forgiving than Mrs.1967 would be.
    Sometimes woman will stand by their man for their kids future. If Petrino can't land another big time job and his character becomes less of an issue with the job market, maybe she'll leave him. No doubt he's a serial adulteress. I mean he hired his own mistress? Pretty advanced

BamaNation Third Team

Lying to your employer is not a good thing. When people kept saying, "oh, they will hire him back at Arkansas after the season", I kept saying, not a chance in hell. There was a lot more to his exit than people knew. The Arkansas AD is highly respected and his word is weighty right now.

BamaNation Second Team Condor 63's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by efd840 View Post
    I'm going counter to the trend. I think he'll get a job this year. If not write it down that he will be a head coach at the FBS level in 2014. Someone will hire him and it will be sooner rather than later.
    I agree. Southern Miss is who I think.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    Sometimes woman will stand by their man for their kids future. If Petrino can't land another big time job and his character becomes less of an issue with the job market, maybe she'll leave him. No doubt he's a serial adulteress. I mean he hired his own mistress? Pretty advanced
    And maybe she is standing by for the money.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

I am truly shocked that Kentucky did not hire him. It seemed like a huge no brainer. There may be more issues with him that has been released in the media or maybe they felt he would bolt as soon as he got back to some success.
    UA BS Mechanical Engineering 1992

BamaNation All-American

The fact that Kentucky wouldn't bother showed his real market value. It then resembled the NFL draft, with Petrino falling farther and farther through the rounds. He remains radioactive. I suspect his half-life is two years, though Arkansas State or USM may be desperate enough to have him.