Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team GADAWG1980's Avatar

No respect for s.e.c tailbacks obviously.

I cannot believe that no Georgia or alabama tailbacks made finalist for the doak walker award. Montee ball?? a back from an 8-5 wisconsin team,kenjon barner??ucla whoever?? ESpecially after the performances by eddie lacy,tj yeldon and todd gurley in the s.e.c championship game i assumed that at least one of these guys wouldve made finalist for the doak walker award. Look at the defenses thse guys play against in the s.e.c as opposed to what the finalist that were chosen face. Big ten defenses?? Pac 12 defenses??(besides maybe stanford) Wow unbelievable.

2. Advertisement

Re: No respect for s.e.c tailbacks obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by GADAWG1980 View Post
    I cannot believe that no Georgia or alabama tailbacks made finalist for the doak walker award. Montee ball?? a back from an 8-5 wisconsin team,kenjon barner??ucla whoever?? ESpecially after the performances by eddie lacy,tj yeldon and todd gurley in the s.e.c championship game i assumed that at least one of these guys wouldve made finalist for the doak walker award. Look at the defenses thse guys play against in the s.e.c as opposed to what the finalist that were chosen face. Big ten defenses?? Pac 12 defenses??(besides maybe stanford) Wow unbelievable.

im guessing it has something to do with SEC fatigue, but i'm not sure. it is a shame though. just those three put on a big time performance in the seccg and have been doing so all year.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Those featured backs had 500 or more yards rushing than the Georgia and Bama tandom backs individual yardage, but I wouldn't trade for either in a second and sure Georgia feels the same way.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/.../2012/group/80

BamaNation Second Team Bamatim15's Avatar

When Lacy and Yeldon tarnish the "domers" we'll see how they feel about Bama's running backs then. Gurley would rip them too. I dare to say there's a couple down on the bayou that would ring their bell also. Oh wait! I'm I bragging on the SEC? Shame on me!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

Victim of our own success. Alabama and Georgia are loaded with multiple backs. So the carries are not much for one certain player.
    Roll Tide

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    Victim of our own success. Alabama and Georgia are loaded with multiple backs. So the carries are not much for one certain player.
    we've also called off the dogs in several games where, if we really wanted, we could've let lacy and yeldon rack up gaudy numbers.

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Lattimore could have taken it.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

This is almost always a stats award, and the finalists have the best stats (by a wide margin) this year. I would argue that Trent winning it last year was quite a feat given how far he was behind Monte Ball, statistically.

BamaNation All-American AlistarWills's Avatar
    My Mood
    Tired on TideFans.com

Montee Ball is a scoring machine and if you look at all the numbers he's put up over his career, I imagine he'll take the award. Now his NFL career may be short lived for the reasons we've all talked about on this board. Running Backs have a limited number of hits before the body give in and if you hit that number too soon, your career ends up being quite short.
    I've read the end of The Book and I know who wins!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

Wisconsin has some good rushing numbers the second rusher behind Ball has 800 yards. But their last game against the pitiful Nebraska was huge, they had almost 550 yards rushing and both backs had 200 each!
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Second Team GADAWG1980's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    im guessing it has something to do with SEC fatigue, but i'm not sure. it is a shame though. just those three put on a big time performance in the seccg and have been doing so all year.
    hows it going 92?? Couldnt believe these were the three finalists. Just like you said theyve been doing it all year and against much better and faster defenses and todd and tj are freshman!! I really dont think those outside our conference realize just how tough and fast these defenses are in our conference. Pac 12 insiders and fans alike like to think that stanford,oregon and ucla have such great defenses?? I think outsiders from this conference looking in realize that you guys,lsu,forida,georgia,south carolina all have great defenses. What they dont realize is that vandy,mississippi(although they are a little undersized)miss state and texas a/m have excellent defenses as well. I would take just about any s.e.c defense(besides auburn,tenn and kentucy)over the best the big ten and pac 12,or any other conference or independent(notre dame)have to offer. I have a strong feeling notre dames going to get a lesson in team speed and defensive play real soon.

Quote Originally Posted by GADAWG1980 View Post
    hows it going 92?? Couldnt believe these were the three finalists. Just like you said theyve been doing it all year and against much better and faster defenses and todd and tj are freshman!! I really dont think those outside our conference realize just how tough and fast these defenses are in our conference. Pac 12 insiders and fans alike like to think that stanford,oregon and ucla have such great defenses?? I think outsiders from this conference looking in realize that you guys,lsu,forida,georgia,south carolina all have great defenses. What they dont realize is that vandy,mississippi(although they are a little undersized)miss state and texas a/m have excellent defenses as well. I would take just about any s.e.c defense(besides auburn,tenn and kentucy)over the best the big ten and pac 12,or any other conference or independent(notre dame)have to offer. I have a strong feeling notre dames going to get a lesson in team speed and defensive play real soon.
    doing well. i fully agree on the bolded part.

-Bertrand Russell

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

The real crime is that Barner is going to win this thing, even with the worst stats of the 3 finalists, even in the face of Ball's career numbers, just because of his huge game against USC on national TV.