Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BamaNation Second Team GADAWG1980's Avatar

Re: No respect for s.e.c tailbacks obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Who hasn't that plays that position? Consider the work load. Playing for Alabama, he would not have the stats but he would also not have taken the beating. But I really think he could play anywhere.
    Of course theres going to be the nagging injuries that all backs endure and play with. Im talking about injuries that cause players to miss games. Maybe he could play anywhere,however i still dont think he measures up to todd gurley or keith marshall. Of course im biased. Be interesting to see where montee ball winds up playing on sundays. I think he was projected as a late first round/early second round pick. Of course every draft analyst will tell you something different. The falcons are gonna need a back with michael turner starting to show his age.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    More and more of the better SEC teams are spreading the carries over two, or even three backs. Our third back hasn't gotten as many carries as the #3s before him, apparently because of some difficulty mastering the blocking schemes. Even with two, it really cuts into the carries. The SEC coaches, and particularly Saban, have been successful in getting through to the RB prospects that they will have a longer shelf life in the NFL if they're not having to carry the ball 95% of the running plays. Once the guys realize this, they become very team-oriented and supportive of each other. It's a breath of fresh air, compared to all the prima donna acts on other teams when the guy who thinks he's the "featured back" isn't getting the carries he feels he deserves...
    I have really enjoyed watching Mark celebrate with Trent, Trent celebrate with Eddie, and Eddie celebrate with TJ when the #2 guy makes a big play.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Sure it is - last year saw Trent Richardson win the award with far fewer yards and TDs than Montee Ball. I mean, their stats were not even remotely comparable. But Trent won.

We have no idea how Montee Ball would have done at Alabama, but I suspect that he would have done very well.
    Forgive me for not looking it up myself, but when you refer to "yards", are you meaning rushing yards or all purpose yards?

BamaNation All-American B1GTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tide1986 View Post
    Forgive me for not looking it up myself, but when you refer to "yards", are you meaning rushing yards or all purpose yards?
    Either - he had more of both.

BamaNation All-American B1GTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Glad that I was wrong - Montee won the Walker award. Well deserved.

BamaNation Second Team

B1GTide.....glad to see you are hanging around. We need someone to keep us informed/honest about the B1G.