ATH Kerryon Johnson Commits to Auburn (Update: Page 6)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: 2015 Athlete Kerryon Johnson

Just don't get where all the talk about private schools recruiting comes from and I get really irritated when people automatically assume that because a private school is doing well at a sport that they're cheating somehow.
No one is assuming anything. We are just saying they have a possible advantage. Not saying Madison Academy does it. I went to a private school myself for 5 years. I know for a fact that school did not provide scholarships to athletes.

eladabbub

1st Team
Apr 2, 2007

One question: is Madison Academy a private academy? If so, I think that is kinda unfair to let them compete against public schools.
You think public schools don't recruit? The majority of the programs that have sustained success do.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Lets try to get this thread back on Kerryon. Very talented kid that Bama is recruiting who happens to go to a private school.

yesitsmed23

1st Team
Aug 28, 2008
Huntsville, AL

Saban was at MA today visiting with Kerryon.....this comes from a tweet from Kerryon himself. This kid will play for UA, mark my words!

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Saban was at MA today visiting with Kerryon.....this comes from a tweet from Kerryon himself. This kid will play for UA, mark my words!
Hope so. He is going to be one of the best players in his class if he continues the hard work.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Of friend of mine, who coaches at Huntsville High, posted a pic of himself with CNS this morning too. CNS was there seeing Grant, the offensive lineman already committed to Bama.

Sure hope Johnson makes his way to the Capstone!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Kerryon was lucky, they thought he might have broke his ankle against Central of Clay County but he found out last night I think it was just a high ankle sprain. Looks like he could miss some time in the playoffs until he can get back on the field.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

Kerryon was lucky, they thought he might have broke his ankle against Central of Clay County but he found out last night I think it was just a high ankle sprain. Looks like he could miss some time in the playoffs until he can get back on the field.
good to hear it wasn't anything more serious. High ankle sprains can take a while to heal. Hope he can make it back in time for the playoffs. If he comes back to early, he can reinjure it very easily. Hope he is BAma bound.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

The playoffs start Friday, I think it is a given they hold him out this week as they should breeze and "maybe" next week. Then he'd have to come back or off they go as it only gets tougher.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I think we get him and honestly I hope he plays WR. Kid is a gamer with the ball in his hands.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I believe as an "athlete". He could be very effective at safety, RB or WR. Personally, I think he's better suited to safety or WR. Kind of light to be a RB at 185 lbs.
Rivals has him listed at 6ft 200lbs, so he could add some weight if wants to RS & be a RB, with his size & speed, and our need of help at CB, I would think that would be his best option if he wants early PT..JMHO

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I don't believe he took a visit this weekend, but he took one to Florida State last weekend. Prior to that, he visited Auburn after visiting Alabama. Seems the change of plans announcements comes after a recruit takes a visit to a school and is on a high.

yesitsmed23

1st Team
Aug 28, 2008
Huntsville, AL

I don't believe he took a visit this weekend, but he took one to Florida State last weekend. Prior to that, he visited Auburn after visiting Alabama. Seems the change of plans announcements comes after a recruit takes a visit to a school and is on a high.
change of plans? he's prob just ready to get it over with because he said he wanted to get it out of the way before his senior year, but i do see where you're coming from because alot of people thought he would wait until this summer or right before football season started. Here's to hoping he rolls with the good guys, but i got a sneaky suspicion that he may be going to FSU

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

change of plans? he's prob just ready to get it over with because he said he wanted to get it out of the way before his senior year, but i do see where you're coming from because alot of people thought he would wait until this summer or right before football season started. Here's to hoping he rolls with the good guys, but i got a sneaky suspicion that he may be going to FSU
I say change of plans because he indicated he would announce during summer. I'm not sure if it's just how reporters took his words or what.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

your sneaky suspicion may ring true. BOL staff feels that Alabama may now be looking on the outside of his recruitment and FSU will most likely be his choice in the end.

but here is the kicker, even after his " commitment ", sources close to him believe he is expected to take more trips and his recruitment will last all the way before NSD. Yeah, the meaning of " commitment " has taken on a whole meaning to these kids.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

I would rather him go to FSU than the barn. Especially if that has been his childhood dream school. Good program and good school. Plus, it would really .... the barners off again. :mad:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.