ATH Kerryon Johnson Commits to Auburn (Update: Page 6)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: 2015 Athlete Kerryon Johnson

When he came out saying he wanted to play RB in college and we wanted him to play safety (or athlete) I knew we were in trouble here. Hate the Barn got him and we will see him down the road.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Here's a piece on Kerryon's commitment to Auburn. Link

Kerryon Johnson is a man of his word.

The Madison Academy 4-star junior recruit announced his commitment to play for Auburn this afternoon, less than two months after stating his intention to commit far in advance of his senior season.

"I'll be on the Plains next year," Johnson said with a smile while donning an orange cap.

"I've been to Auburn a couple of times, and every time I've been there, there's a feel that felt like my household."

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

When he came out saying he wanted to play RB in college and we wanted him to play safety (or athlete) I knew we were in trouble here. Hate the Barn got him and we will see him down the road.
he will have a difficult time cracking our 3 deep in 2015 at RB.

Henry
Tenpenny
Jones
possibly Bo
and then you have Flowers

he most likely knew that UA wasn't a place for him if he wanted to be RB.
safety may not what he prefers at the next level. auburn became the easy choice.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

If he's capable of playing at the next level, he would be more valuable as a safety. He made his choice and I respect that. Next!

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

I had a bad feeling he was going to commit to them today, and there really is no need to try to to act like we did not want him. Not that anyone has done that but as all of us know it happens. They are getting a really good player and I am holding out hope we flip him. Like it or not Gus has got the barn very enthusiastic about there program at the present time,and just like Bama I do not see them falling in the near future.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Wow didn't see this one coming but if he really wants to play RB that is where he needs to go because he would never crack the starting lineup here at RB. I would still take this kid, but not as a RB.

yesitsmed23

1st Team
Aug 28, 2008
Huntsville, AL

I'm afraid he won't make it long at RB if that's what he desires to play. Don't get me wrong, he's a great athlete and football player and I would've loved for him to land at Bama, but he's not what you look for in build and stature as a RB, maybe if he was to add 15-20 lbs, cause I don't know what they list him as, but I've seen the kid in person (on the football field and basketball court multiple times) and he's around 5'10 and maybe 180/185. If he really desires to make it at the next level, he should want to play DB/S for 2 reasons: 1 - his build and size, he's honestly more suitable to play WR or DB and 2- his health right now, he's had serious issues/injuries with his ankle and shoulder, so he doesn't have the build and body to take a beating at RB, because he's missed 4 to 5 games the past 2 seasons due to injuries. He's a tough kid but i just don't see him making it as a RB, but that's just my opinion.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

How so? :conf2:
Say a kid makes a pro's and con's list for each school. Then, he ranks the schools based on the difference in number of pro's and number of con's.

That would be a pretty good way to make the decision.

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia

I think he interpreted your post to say it was pretty good we were third, not how he went about making his decision but I agree with you. Not sure some of these kids give it much thought other than how the visit went.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Say a kid makes a pro's and con's list for each school. Then, he ranks the schools based on the difference in number of pro's and number of con's.

That's how I was taught, by a mentor, to make "career" decisions about job changes.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

I think he interpreted your post to say it was pretty good we were third, not how he went about making his decision but I agree with you. Not sure some of these kids give it much thought other than how the visit went.
Yep!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

If he really wants to play RB and he's looked at our roster and guys reportedly high on Bama in recruiting (Flowers) then it's hard to argue that he didn't make the right decision for his aspirations.

I heard a soundbite on the guys show that follow Finebaum on Joxs and there was talk that KJ's commitment to the Barn means that the Barn has pulled even with Bama in "in-state" recruiting. This was probably comments from a Barn reporter if I had to guess.

It's probably just typical Aub propaganda to try to look like they measure up, but it's also completely not a fair comparison either for reasons already listed in this thread.

I will raise this concern though and one that has bothered me for a few years now. It continues to amaze me when any instate kid or even a regional recruit who has great potential to play defensive back or safety who decides to NOT go to study football under CNS. Even as we speak, one of the major concerns about next year's team is how thin and inexperienced we are in the defensive backfield, especially corner. You'd think these guys would be lining up to play for CNS.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.