ATH Kerryon Johnson Commits to Auburn (Update: Page 6)

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: 2015 Athlete Kerryon Johnson

Link please... He did say he would take OV even through he was committed to Auburn. If we can get him, Dude could be verstaile players on Offense...

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I would hope Kiffin and his versatility could help sway the young man, if he's able to be swayed.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Very well could be late, but I would expect the factor will be if CNS has changed his mind at all for Kerryon's position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
What have you heard about Harris? Does the staff think that we get him?
It strikes me as a long shot. But who knows?

We flipped Yeldon on the day before (or was it the day after?) the recruiting dead period. He was an early entry, on campus and maybe even enrolled before the dead period ended.

I'd love to have Johnson, but am not counting on it. We'll have a great class with or without him.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
There's a feeling that he's little concerned about the offense, because I don't know if he can truly take the beatings from different team... If I were him, I would come to Alabama and play as Safety... might pull double duty on both side...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
He has the potential to be an AA on either side of the ball & I still can't believe how good he was when he played my old high school football team..He was truly a man among Boys when he played against us..Having said that..If he were to flip & commit to Bama..I hope he plays the RB position & with the stable of RB's we have & the way our coaches keeps our RB's fresh with our RB rotation..He would have a better shot of not being injured cause he wouldn't have to hog all the carries & the would help limit the chances of him being injured playing in our offense..But..With his size & speed, plus, with being coached up by Coach Saban, who many consider the absolute best DB coach in college football..All the tools are there for him to be an AA on the D side of the ball playing in our secondary as well..
There's a feeling that he's little concerned about the offense, because I don't know if he can truly take the beatings from different team... If I were him, I would come to Alabama and play as Safety... might pull double duty on both side...

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006
He has the potential to be an AA on either side of the ball & I still can't believe how good he was when he played my old high school football team..He was truly a man among Boys when he played against us..Having said that..If he were to flip & commit to Bama..I hope he plays the RB position & with the stable of RB's we have & the way our coaches keeps our RB's fresh with our RB rotation..He would have a better shot of not being injured cause he wouldn't have to hog all the carries & the would help limit the chances of him being injured playing in our offense..But..With his size & speed, plus, with being coached up by Coach Saban, who many consider the absolute best DB coach in college football..All the tools are there for him to be an AA on the D side of the ball playing in our secondary as well..

Guys, I wouldn't get my hopes up. IMO, this is a mere formality, nothing more. From what I understand, Bama has recruited him primarily as a RB but the Aubs will say they're recruiting him as an athlete.

I hope I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure he's all Auburn.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Guys, I wouldn't get my hopes up. IMO, this is a mere formality, nothing more. From what I understand, Bama has recruited him primarily as a RB but the Aubs will say they're recruiting him as an athlete.

I hope I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure he's all Auburn.
Bama recruited Kerryon has a DB/ATH. Auburn recruited him as a RB.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Bama recruited Kerryon has a DB/ATH. Auburn recruited him as a RB.
Which, I as understand it, is largely the reason he committed to the boogs. He wants to play running back and CNS orginally saw him as a DB.

Wonder if that has changed with KJ great year as a running back?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
He's done well this week in Under Armour practice playing safety. He had at least two INTs yesterday.
If he's playing DB in the UA game and having success, it may be making him think about CNS's vision for him.

It's a pleasure to see the Barners squirm over this one.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
After seeing our dbs struggle again last night, hopefully KJ sees quicker playing time at Bama in the secondary than he does at the Barn at running back.

Come on over KJ!

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
It is very refreshing for our coaches to tell these guys what they NEED to hear, not what they WANT to hear. It doesn't always go over well with teenage children, but the smart ones will see that our coaching staff does indeed have their best interests in mind, as the best player playing his best position is mutually beneficial to both parties involved.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.