Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: 2015 Athlete Kerryon Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    If he really wants to play RB and he's looked at our roster and guys reportedly high on Bama in recruiting (Flowers) then it's hard to argue that he didn't make the right decision for his aspirations.

I heard a soundbite on the guys show that follow Finebaum on Joxs and there was talk that KJ's commitment to the Barn means that the Barn has pulled even with Bama in "in-state" recruiting. This was probably comments from a Barn reporter if I had to guess.

It's probably just typical Aub propaganda to try to look like they measure up, but it's also completely not a fair comparison either for reasons already listed in this thread.

I will raise this concern though and one that has bothered me for a few years now. It continues to amaze me when any instate kid or even a regional recruit who has great potential to play defensive back or safety who decides to NOT go to study football under CNS. Even as we speak, one of the major concerns about next year's team is how thin and inexperienced we are in the defensive backfield, especially corner. You'd think these guys would be lining up to play for CNS.
    as previously mentioned, Bama recruited him as a Safety and possible CB. he wanted to play RB. ok then, Bama moves on and nabs a 5* CB in Fitzpatrick and a 4* in Burgess for SS.

problem solved.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American BamaMoon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    as previously mentioned, Bama recruited him as a Safety and possible CB. he wanted to play RB. ok then, Bama moves on and nabs a 5* CB in Fitzpatrick and a 4* in Burgess for SS.

problem solved.
    OK. Easy to say after a huge recruiting weekend and two nice pick ups. Let's just hope it all translates on the field because we've been here before in recruiting and then they don't materalize.

My point is, you'd think we'd never be thin at corner as long as CNS is around.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Well if the kid didn't want to play corner or safety his commitment wouldn't have helped that issue anyway

OK. Easy to say after a huge recruiting weekend and two nice pick ups. Let's just hope it all translates on the field because we've been here before in recruiting and then they don't materalize.

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

A point to consider: How may left early for the NFL? K Jackson, Menzie, Milliner, Kirkpatrick, Barron, Clinton-Dix, Sunseri . . Probably missed a few in this list.

It's a two-sided coin:
    Success in preparing for the League attracts talent.
    Success in preparing for the League results in early exits.

BamaNation All-American bamabryan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bama579 View Post
    A point to consider: How may left early for the NFL? K Jackson, Menzie, Milliner, Kirkpatrick, Barron, Clinton-Dix, Sunseri . . Probably missed a few in this list.
    Barron did not leave early. He played four years at Bama.

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is this thread still active?

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: ATH Kerryon Johnson Commits to Auburn

He says Alabama and FSU have not stopped recruiting him and trying to get him to flip. Link

"They haven't let up at all," Johnson said. "They've respected the commitment, but they haven't let up at all."

Florida State, Johnson's favorite school growing up, hasn't backed off either. The 6-foot, 200-pound running back said Friday night he could take unofficial visits to both this summer, but more likely would take officials the two schools, plus Auburn, in the fall. "You never know what can happen, so I'll still take them," he said.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    He says Alabama and FSU have not stopped recruiting him and trying to get him to flip. Link
    Good!

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I just don't see us wanting him to play RB here, he just doesn't fit our mold so I don't see him flipping to play a different position. I think this ship has sailed.

His teammate Malik Miller is more of our style back.

BamaNation All-American BamaMoon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I talked to a coach from Madison Academy yesterday and he told me point blank that it came down to Bama, FSU and Auburn, but more importantly what really factored into KJ's decison.

He said Bama told him he would play defensive back and he would not play running back at Alabama. KJ wanted to play running back so that was the tipping point or difference.

Barners have probably gloated over this "recruiting victory" but this is just an example of CNS's evaluation process and shooting straight with a recruit about how he'd be used in our system.

Basically, KJ chose running back at the Barn over the premier coach in the nations vision for him.

Good luck to him though, except we they play Bama.
    Last edited by BamaMoon; June 11th, 2014 at 08:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I talked to a coach from Madison Academy yesterday and he told me point blank that it came down to Bama, FSU and Auburn, but more importantly what really factored into KJ's decison.

He said Bama told him he would play defensive back and he would not play running back at Alabama. KJ wanted to play running back so that was the tipping point or difference.

Barners have probably gloated over this "recruiting victory" but this is just an example of CNS's evaluation process and shooting straight with a recruit about how he'd be used in our system.

Basically, KJ chose running back at the Barn over the premier coach in the nations vision for him.

Good luck to him though, except we they play Bama.
    I believe Kerryon has even said that. He wants to play RB, but Bama wants him at DB. Not saying it's the same situation, but that was why TJ committed to Auburn. When he had a fantastic senior year at Daphne, CNS realized he could play RB in the SEC.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!