Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ask Question: What is AJ's draft outlook?

I heard awhile back that the inquiry had been made, but I never heard what the outcome was. Also, what other juniors might decide to enter the draft?

2. Advertisement
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Re: Question: What is AJ's draft outlook?

His outlook is he should comeback for his Senior season.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

I think he's going to come back.

If I had to guess, and I'm no expert by any means, I don't think he'd go before the 3rd round. I think it's likely he wouldn't go until the 4th. There was a time when he might have been projected as a 1st rounder. I think that passed after the past month. JMO.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--co...163239849.html

I had posted this on the recruiting board under the discussion about a juco qb we are looking at.

No mention of AJ in this article at least.

BamaNation First Team

If I had to guess, I think it's likely he will be back. The QB class for the upcoming draft will be thick. Lots of big time QBs going pro: Geno Smith, Tyler Bray, Tyler Wilson, Matt Barkley, Aaron Murray perhaps, then others I'm probably forgetting about. Plus I think AJ can improve himself for next year's draft by having more experience.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

I think that all depends on his injury. If he comes back he will break every Alabama passing record we have.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Depressed on TideFans.com

His draft outlook is a first-round pick right after winning the 2013 Heisman and leading the Tide to a three-peat.
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again
    But until that day you know you are
    The queen of my heart

My Mood
    Curmudgeon on TideFans.com

Not all that good. Would go late in the draft. He should stick around for another year.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMan09 View Post
    If I had to guess, I think it's likely he will be back. The QB class for the upcoming draft will be thick. Lots of big time QBs going pro: Geno Smith, Tyler Bray, Tyler Wilson, Matt Barkley, Aaron Murray perhaps, then others I'm probably forgetting about. Plus I think AJ can improve himself for next year's draft by having more experience.
    Also, some other well known names..Landry Jones and EJ Manuel. This is a loaded QB season.
    Roll Tide

Suspended

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...nkings/2014/QB

Here is a list for his class. The size is there and he is a winner. Arm strength is not plus, but is fine. A bit slow to read coverage and accuaracy problems. Mid round pick this year or next. I'm sure he's been working on improving the weaknesses, but I just don't see much change if he stays another year.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by skipster63 View Post
    Not all that good. Would go late in the draft. He should stick around for another year.

Agreed

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Big A Re: Question: What is AJ's draft outlook?

Yea, I just posted on the Recruiting board about this too. I just think that if AJ leads another National Championship effort back to back then he will not improve his draft status by coming back next year. I could be wrong but looking at a guaranteed million dollar contract vs a retooled O-Line and possibility of injury I would take the money and go with it. All that said, though, I hope he stays.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

A.J. has some work to do. He's done a wonderful job in the system he currently operates in but I don't think he's ready for the N.F.L. just yet.
    He's a good but not a naturally gifted passer and he has to learn to read progressions and not lock in on the primary receiver so much. He also has to stop holding the ball so long before making a decision as to whether to throw it or not. Even on the throw to Cooper to beat Georgia Amari had to sprint, slow down, and then sprint again. The throw took that long to be thrown even though Cooper was wide open almost immediately. Also, Some of the sacks our offensive line have given up took place about six seconds after the play started. That's not good.
    I personally think A.J. has done a fantastic job but that still doesn't mean he's an NFL QB.
    He needs another year. If he develops next year he may go in the third or fourth and get a chance for an NFL career.
    sip