Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BamaNation Second Team acbl_phill's Avatar

Re: Question: What is AJ's draft outlook?

I would like to know if he is going or not. Before the season started AJ and I believe his mom stated he would be entering the draft after this season.

I hope he stays. I really like watching him play.

2. Advertisement

After the Mississippi State game I thought he was gone for sure. Since then he hasn't looked all that great. I think it would be a really big mistake to leave, but a lot of people say he wants to. I hope he stays next year both for his sake and Alabama's.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

gotta improve his accuracy a ton. as of now he'd likely be at best the 8th QB selected. way too much money to gain

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I think the, will he go or will he stay, discussion changed in the later part of our season.
    AJ was a world beater early in the season. (Color him gone)
    BUT
    He hasn't been quite the same after he was injured. (May stay)

AJ's decision may be influenced by what our OC does, if Nuss goes AJ may decide to go also. (Gone)
    If Nuss stays AJ may decide to stay for his Senior season, to try to improve his draft position.
    (May stay)

It will be a pretty deep QB class that goes Pro this year, that could push AJ
    lower in this years draft. (Flip a coin)
    Last edited by Ole Man Dan; December 6th, 2012 at 11:09 PM. Reason: format

Quote Originally Posted by acbl_phill View Post
    I would like to know if he is going or not. Before the season started AJ and I believe his mom stated he would be entering the draft after this season.

I hope he stays. I really like watching him play.
    Actually, it's pretty much the opposite. His dad has been pushing his early departure for three years now. His mom is supportive of whatever advice Saban gives. Talk from his dad has pretty much died down and I think the odds heavily favor his returning for one more year...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

Suspended

It would be really really dumb for him to leave this year against this very deep QB class.

BamaNation First Team Tider n LA's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I know some of us claim to have a source and I am sure some of us do and from what I hear is he will return for his senior year. But then again he is a red shirt junior and coach Nuss is interviewing for the S Miss job and we may see a new OC so nothing is 100%.

BamaNation All-American B1GTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

NFL analysts are calling this the worst college QB class in at least 5 years, and this includes juniors that might come out early. They see no "can't miss, NFL ready" QBs coming out. QBs drafted will all be projects. If you win on 1/7, AJ will be much more attractive than most of his peers as a player to develop.