Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislike Dislike:  0

Kirby Smart Visits Prattville High School

Saw a picture of Coach Smart at PHS today. Guessing he visited to see Austin Golson.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American IMALOYAL1's Avatar

Re: Kirby Smart Visits Prattville High School

I see Golson is taking visits. Is he no longer solid to FSU?

Has his stock dropped any and would Alabama make a run at him?

I think we have a few solid offensive linemen to compete for a starting spot next year but I hate to miss out on an Alabama kid that can become a strong lineman for us down the road.

BamaNation All-American Tide Warrior's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IMALOYAL1 View Post
    I see Golson is taking visits. Is he no longer solid to FSU?

Has his stock dropped any and would Alabama make a run at him?

I think we have a few solid offensive linemen to compete for a starting spot next year but I hate to miss out on an Alabama kid that can become a strong lineman for us down the road.
    UA has made a late push or I should say enough to get him to finally look our way and visit.
    "Charlie Don't Surf"

FB | REC Moderator

Probably kicking the tires some more on Golson, but I wouldn't reach too much into any of this. Prattville routinely turns out kids we are interested in, so it only makes sense to be scene and known around school on a pretty frequent basis. With a program like that, you spend a lot of time recruiting the school, and not just individual players.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyTider View Post
    Probably kicking the tires some more on Golson, but I wouldn't reach too much into any of this. Prattville routinely turns out kids we are interested in, so it only makes sense to be scene and known around school on a pretty frequent basis. With a program like that, you spend a lot of time recruiting the school, and not just individual players.
    Never made it to a game this year, but there seems to be some young talent on the team. You're probably right and this was more of a school trip rather than a Golson one.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

My niece had her pic taken with him on her 16th birthday while he was there. I think it was a good day for her