Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team

Big A So am I the only one feeling the rest of The SEC is jealous over Bama

Over here in Mississippi Head to head radio caller calling in about Q Dials hit on Murray saying how Alabama gets all the breaks in the SEC. Do you get the feeling we are now on our OWN?

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: So am I the only one feeling the rest of The SEC is jealous over Bama

We're Alabama. We're the best. Roll Tide. Everyone hates the best, and Bama's the best. Roll Tide.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TommyMac's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

It's always been that way.
    "I'm just a simple plowhand from Arkansas, but I've learned over the years how to hold a team together, how to lift some men up, how to calm others down, until finally they've got one heartbeat, together, a team."

Coach Bryant

Suspended

If they're not, they should be. The thing about Coach Saban that amazes me, is that he not only gets in the big game, he wins it. It ain't easy.

BamaNation First Team

I guess I always felt that the rest of the SEC pulled for us when we were playing outside the conference, I know they are mostly for any team playing us in the SEC.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by tide power fan View Post
    Over here in Mississippi Head to head radio caller calling in about Q Dials hit on Murray saying how Alabama gets all the breaks in the SEC. Do you get the feeling we are now on our OWN?
    If you're inclined to hold your nose and check out Tiger Droppings, you'll see but ome more example of what the posters are referring to.

I think you might find that the word "unhinged" comes to mind...

BamaNation First Team

[QUOTE=Rush;2058397]If you're inclined to hold your nose and check out Tiger Droppings, you'll see but ome more example of what the posters are referring to.

I think you might find that the word "unhinged" comes to mind

[/QUOTE
    Yep I know they hate us, and for sure they have gotten the breaks the last couple of years.]

BamaNation Second Team GADAWG1980's Avatar

I have been a georgia fan all my life and a georgia grad. I bleed red and black and i can tell you that i dont think dials hit on Aaron was dirty or illegal. Once the interception had been thrown and the play was ongoing the hit was not illegal. Dial was simply blocking on the interception return. I just wish Aaron wouldve seen it coming because that was one heck of a hit he took. However its a credit to how physically and mentally tough Aaron is. He shook it off and came out and played a great second half. Really if you look at it that particular play had no implications later in the game so i dont see how anybody could percieve it as bama getting a break because the refs didnt see it??

BamaNation First Team BamaSlama's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

So am I the only one feeling the rest of The SEC is jealous over Bama

The ref DID see it. Happened right in front of him. He happened to see it as many of us did. Hard, violent, LEGAL hit.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by GADAWG1980 View Post
    I have been a georgia fan all my life and a georgia grad. I bleed red and black and i can tell you that i dont think dials hit on Aaron was dirty or illegal. Once the interception had been thrown and the play was ongoing the hit was not illegal. Dial was simply blocking on the interception return. I just wish Aaron wouldve seen it coming because that was one heck of a hit he took. However its a credit to how physically and mentally tough Aaron is. He shook it off and came out and played a great second half. Really if you look at it that particular play had no implications later in the game so i dont see how anybody could percieve it as bama getting a break because the refs didnt see it??
    That's just it, if you look at the replay you see a referee a few feet away moving towards and looking directly at Murray and Dial. I agree though that Murray is a tough QB. I've seen him take big hit after hit and bounce right back during his Georgia career.

Quote Originally Posted by GADAWG1980 View Post
    I'm a lifelong Alabama fan with a slightly different perspective. I understand the case for claiming that Dial's hit was legal. Technically, it probably was, but the play must be judged in context. I'm not saying that Dial should be suspended for the BCSNC game, but I am saying that I expected a flag to be thrown for unsporstmanlike conduct. Aaron Murray was moving only tentatively in the direction of the play and didn't give the impression of being a threat to tackle the Alabama defender. The ferocity of the hit, the fact that Murray had only a split second to become aware of Dial's approach, and the upper body area of the blow all add up to a play that, for me, just doesn't pass the eyeball test of safe or reasonable conduct.

My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by tide power fan View Post
    nah,,for whatever reason ATM loves us.......but that will wear off.
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation Second Team GADAWG1980's Avatar

I agree with you bigbama,honestly i think fans of teams not competing in the sec championship game had a bigger problem with it(auburn) than we did. I was watching the game with a bunch of people i went to school with and friends,family from out of state(valley head alabama) and the consensus among our group was clean,HARD HIT for sure. That game had some of the hardest hitting ive ever seen in all my years,especially when our linebacker alec ogletree,met eddie lacy down there in our red zone!! Im still amazed eddie lacy was(after the initial collision)able to muster a second push toward the goal line!! Shows just how tough he is,amazing.