So am I the only one feeling the rest of The SEC is jealous over Bama

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
Over here in Mississippi Head to head radio caller calling in about Q Dials hit on Murray saying how Alabama gets all the breaks in the SEC. Do you get the feeling we are now on our OWN?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
We're Alabama. We're the best. Roll Tide. Everyone hates the best, and Bama's the best. Roll Tide.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
If they're not, they should be. The thing about Coach Saban that amazes me, is that he not only gets in the big game, he wins it. It ain't easy.

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
I guess I always felt that the rest of the SEC pulled for us when we were playing outside the conference, I know they are mostly for any team playing us in the SEC.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Over here in Mississippi Head to head radio caller calling in about Q Dials hit on Murray saying how Alabama gets all the breaks in the SEC. Do you get the feeling we are now on our OWN?
If you're inclined to hold your nose and check out Tiger Droppings, you'll see but ome more example of what the posters are referring to.

I think you might find that the word "unhinged" comes to mind...

:)

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
If you're inclined to hold your nose and check out Tiger Droppings, you'll see but ome more example of what the posters are referring to.

I think you might find that the word "unhinged" comes to mind

:)[/QUOTE
Yep I know they hate us, and for sure they have gotten the breaks the last couple of years.]

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges
I have been a georgia fan all my life and a georgia grad. I bleed red and black and i can tell you that i dont think dials hit on Aaron was dirty or illegal. Once the interception had been thrown and the play was ongoing the hit was not illegal. Dial was simply blocking on the interception return. I just wish Aaron wouldve seen it coming because that was one heck of a hit he took. However its a credit to how physically and mentally tough Aaron is. He shook it off and came out and played a great second half. Really if you look at it that particular play had no implications later in the game so i dont see how anybody could percieve it as bama getting a break because the refs didnt see it??

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I have been a georgia fan all my life and a georgia grad. I bleed red and black and i can tell you that i dont think dials hit on Aaron was dirty or illegal. Once the interception had been thrown and the play was ongoing the hit was not illegal. Dial was simply blocking on the interception return. I just wish Aaron wouldve seen it coming because that was one heck of a hit he took. However its a credit to how physically and mentally tough Aaron is. He shook it off and came out and played a great second half. Really if you look at it that particular play had no implications later in the game so i dont see how anybody could percieve it as bama getting a break because the refs didnt see it??
That's just it, if you look at the replay you see a referee a few feet away moving towards and looking directly at Murray and Dial. I agree though that Murray is a tough QB. I've seen him take big hit after hit and bounce right back during his Georgia career.

Quicksilver

1st Team
Mar 13, 2010
Ellicott City, MD
I'm a lifelong Alabama fan with a slightly different perspective. I understand the case for claiming that Dial'***** was legal. Technically, it probably was, but the play must be judged in context. I'm not saying that Dial should be suspended for the BCSNC game, but I am saying that I expected a flag to be thrown for unsporstmanlike conduct. Aaron Murray was moving only tentatively in the direction of the play and didn't give the impression of being a threat to tackle the Alabama defender. The ferocity of the hit, the fact that Murray had only a split second to become aware of Dial's approach, and the upper body area of the blow all add up to a play that, for me, just doesn't pass the eyeball test of safe or reasonable conduct.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
nah,,for whatever reason ATM loves us.......but that will wear off.

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges
I agree with you bigbama,honestly i think fans of teams not competing in the sec championship game had a bigger problem with it(auburn) than we did. I was watching the game with a bunch of people i went to school with and friends,family from out of state(valley head alabama) and the consensus among our group was clean,HARD HIT for sure. That game had some of the hardest hitting ive ever seen in all my years,especially when our linebacker alec ogletree,met eddie lacy down there in our red zone!! Im still amazed eddie lacy was(after the initial collision)able to muster a second push toward the goal line!! Shows just how tough he is,amazing.

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges
I'm a lifelong Alabama fan with a slightly different perspective. I understand the case for claiming that Dial'***** was legal. Technically, it probably was, but the play must be judged in context. I'm not saying that Dial should be suspended for the BCSNC game, but I am saying that I expected a flag to be thrown for unsporstmanlike conduct. Aaron Murray was moving only tentatively in the direction of the play and didn't give the impression of being a threat to tackle the Alabama defender. The ferocity of the hit, the fact that Murray had only a split second to become aware of Dial's approach, and the upper body area of the blow all add up to a play that, for me, just doesn't pass the eyeball test of safe or reasonable conduct.
I understand what youre trying to say quicksilver but in my opinion its football. Its a tough,hard hitting game. In my opinion dials just doing his job. Both our guys and yours left it all out there on the field that night,thats for sure.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I really appreciate this post, one of the few I've seen from a UGA fan which is realistic. Most of the threads on the UGA boards seem somehow to blame the loss on this one non-call. Dial simply did what he's been trained to do - hit the QB on a live ball when the hit's available. That's the game. What's he supposed to do? Stop short and give him a two-handed tag? There's room for disagreement on the helmet contact, although I fall on the side that it's unreasonable to totally forbid it when the tackler's 6" taller - unless you want him to go for the knees instead...

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Aaron Murray was moving only tentatively in the direction of the play and didn't give the impression of being a threat to tackle the Alabama defender.
How close does one have to be to the ball carrier to be a "threat to tackle" him? 7-8 yards in front of the ball carrier isn't close enough?

WalkaboutSean

1st Team
Nov 23, 2010
I agree with the consensus that it was a vicious, violent, clean legal hit. CBS is responsible for provoking the debate, as Gary Danielson repeatedly (and inaccurately) used the phrase "unnecessary roughness" and good ole Verne grunted his assent. ("My goodness!")

The only questionable aspect IMHO was the degree of helmet contact. After watching it several times, it looks to me like Dial led with his shoulder and the helmet contact was incidental. Apparently the referee drew the same conclusion.

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012
Football is a contact sport. The hit was legal. If you can't take the territory that comes with the sport then don't play. It was the SECCG! Emotions on both sides were running high! Dial didn't do anything wrong. This isn't European football(soccer) Nothing was wrong with the play.

Rattlehead82

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Pace, FL

I think you might find that the word "unhinged" comes to mind...

:)
I find tigerdroppings quite fun right now. No fanbase comes close to the amount of whining lsu fans are capable of. A few of them were talking about wanting to leave the SEC and ask Texas to be let into the Big 12. It's hilarious.

CBS is responsible for provoking the debate, as Gary Danielson repeatedly (and inaccurately) used the phrase "unnecessary roughness" and good ole Verne grunted his assent. ("My goodness!")
Don't forget tim brando crying about it during halftime.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.