So am I the only one feeling the rest of The SEC is jealous over Bama

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
nah,,for whatever reason ATM loves us.......but that will wear off.
Yep, they will get Alabama fatigue (like the SEC version to the rest of the world) once we beat them a few times. They only love us because we have shared a few coaches and their game with us probably got their QB a statue this weekend.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Jealous? No. To be jealous, you must have possessed the object of your jealousy in the first place.

Envious? Oh yeah. For decades. Like the Red Sox are envious of the Yankees. Like the Clippers are envious of the Lakers. Like the boogs envy us.

My goodness, it's great to be hated gain.

Last edited:

EastLAGator

Sep 26, 2010
Nope, not jealous. Bama has earned what it has (well, mostly -- you need to recount the championships at some point). We hope Bama annihilates ND and keeps the hardware in the SEC for a 7th year. Bama is king of the mountain and we don't want anyone else knocking y'all off. So make sure y'all stay up there for now. Someday soon we'll tussle again.

And the block was clean. If Murray didn't want to be blocked, he shouldn't have been jogging towards the play.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
It's not just the SEC, it's a Nationwide jealousy brought on by our success.
It's Alabama fatigue...
It's Saban fatigue...

It's teams too lazy to recruit as hard as Coach Saban.
It's teams too lazy and undisciplined to establish a good work ethic in the weight room.
It's coaches looking for a shortcut to success.

Turns out that there are a lot of 'Little Brothers' out there... :BigA:

Gallowglas

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2008
Hendersonville, TN
Just be glad if you don't have to listen to the Vol fans. They're the worst. I have never heard so much sour grapes in my life. They'd cheer for Al Queda if they were playing Alabama. One of regulars at the gym I use at work actually ordered Texas A&M flags for his car and, yes, he's a Vol fan. And, of course, you guessed it. He's cheering for ND. I may have to temp-paint his rear windshield with "Brady Quinn is my Copilot". I tried to make him a deal that I'd cheer for his team in their post-season game if he'd cheer for Bama, but I couldn't get him to bite.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Hard hit against Bama=Legal
Hard hit for Bama=Illegal.

It is what it is. Except for a few, most GA fans are trying to see something that isn't there. Yes, I do blame CBS---and the three amigos already mentioned in this thread---for the bellyaching of the "non play." They crying over the "non call" took a lot from the game, imo. This is why starting next year, whenever Bama plays on CBS, I will mute Gary/Verne and put Eli on the radio. I'm tired of how unprofessional those are against Bama.

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
I understand what youre trying to say quicksilver but in my opinion its football. Its a tough,hard hitting game. In my opinion dials just doing his job. Both our guys and yours left it all out there on the field that night,thats for sure.
I have to say that game was big boy football. This was not Big 12 football, or ACC football. And I agree, both teams left it all on the field.

crimsonbleeder

All-American
Dec 1, 2002
Birmingham, AL
Did the SEC ever come out and confirm this was a legal hit? They need to (since it definitely WAS legal) so as to put to rest all the haters' attitudes about our "dirty" play and how we didn't deserve to win because of that single play. Rough play, yes...but...we want to be the TEAM THAT NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY!!!!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
1) Regarding hate - hey, when we wuz losing we got laughed at; I'd rather be feared than loved.

2) Ok, on the Dial play I promised to watch it so I did. Here's my observations:

a) it was shoulder to helmet, not helmet to helmet
b) there WAS helmet contact AFTER the shoulder
c) it was NOT head hunting
d) Murray was in slow motion towards the play
e) It happened right in front of the ref

Now - I think we all would be hard-pressed to argue if it had been called "unnecessary roughness."

But here's one for you:

Total CBS replays of Ogletree's helmet-to-helmet hit: 2
Total CBS replays of Dial's non-helmet-to-helmet hit: 11

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Btw - I don't recall them making such a big deal about this:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/11/sec_office_will_not_suspend_ni.html

One play in particular drew the attention of the SEC. It was Fairley's third-quarter late hit on Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray. On that play, two steps after Murray released a pass, Fairley drove his helmet into Murray's back.

Not the best picture but:
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/9e3PHGyHk9k/0.jpg

(Nobody at Auburn better be talking about ANYTHING regarding this play).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.