Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Barrett Jones wins the Remington Trophy for the Nations Top Center

Are his brothers going to be equally good at their positions on the team?
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    Dave Rimington is the only other player to win both awards. This is truly a great accomplishment by Barrett.
    Dave Rimington was the only guy to ever win the Outland twice, but he didn't win a Remington Trophy. Greg Eslinger is the only other guy to win both.
    Last edited by TideFan in AU; December 6th, 2012 at 10:21 PM.
    “And the roses in this grand ol’ stadium are once again Crimson!” - Eli Gold, Jan 7th, 2010

Alabama wasn’t just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, Jan 10th, 2012

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, Jan 7th, 2013

BamaNation All-American CrimsonJag's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideFan in AU View Post
    Dave Rimington was the only guy to ever win the Outland twice, but he didn't win a Remington Trophy.
    "We just gotta stop that lil' inside trap." - Joe Kines

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonJag View Post
    LOL..............Kinda of hard to win a trophy that's going to be named after you in the future.

Congrats to Barrett. Well earned and well deserved.
    Lee

"A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: Barrett Jones wins the Rimington Trophy for the Nations Top Center

Quote Originally Posted by 257WBY View Post
    Is he the greatest Alabama lineman ever? What a great career and better young man.
    A case could be made that he's one of the best College Football players ever. Think that's a bit too much? Find anyone whose resume matches with what he's done on and off the field. Good luck with that.

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonSEC View Post
    LOL..............Kinda of hard to win a trophy that's going to be named after you in the future.

Congrats to Barrett. Well earned and well deserved.
    I think he was pointing out the spelling discrepancy in the same post.

The Rimington (with an I) has only been around since 2000, so Dave didnt actually win one. he did however win the Outland Trophy, twice. once in 81 and again in 82.
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonSEC View Post
    Michael J Fox could

I can't wait until they announce Barrett Jones name on ESPN when I'm older that he's been elected into the College Football HoF and I can tell my kids how incredible he was. My father would always tell me how great this OL that went into the HoF was but I never truly understood it until I got to watch the impact Jones made at UA and in college football. He's an example for every player from now on that comes to UA and I hope they all put forth the effort and humbleness that Jones did. Roll Tide Jones, we love you.

I know I posted this last week, but this is how a boy becomes a Man like Barrett Jones! He is more than just a great football player! http://www.commissionstories.com/vid...-jones?cid=bjp

Way to go Barrett! that's quite the trophy case!

Freshman All-American @ RG, 2009, SEC and National Champs!
    3rd Team All-American @ RG, 2010
    Unanimous 1st Team All-American @ LT, 2011, Outland Trophy, Wuerffel Trophy, Jacobs Blocking Trophy, ARA Sportsmanship Award and National Champs
    Consensus 1st Team All-American @ Center, 2012, Campbell Trophy, Rimington Trophy, SEC Champs and more to come!

If my research is correct, in past 2 years he has more major individual awards than either the PAC-12 or the B10!

Not bad for a guy that doesn't measure his worth with trophies! RTR

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaRoy68 View Post
    I know I posted this last week, but this is how a boy becomes a Man like Barrett Jones! He is more than just a great football player! http://www.commissionstories.com/vid...-jones?cid=bjp

Way to go Barrett! that's quite the trophy case!

Freshman All-American @ RG, 2009, SEC and National Champs!
    3rd Team All-American @ RG, 2010
    Unanimous 1st Team All-American @ LT, 2011, Outland Trophy, Wuerffel Trophy, Jacobs Blocking Trophy, ARA Sportsmanship Award and National Champs
    Consensus 1st Team All-American @ Center, 2012, Campbell Trophy, Rimington Trophy, SEC Champs and more to come!

If my research is correct, in past 2 years he has more major individual awards than either the PAC-12 or the B10!

Not bad for a guy that doesn't measure his worth with trophies! RTR
    Just based on that alone, he should be in NYC this weekend as a Heisman finalist. I know it's not a career award, but just looking at that resume, it's hard to see how he is not considered one of the most outstanding players in college football this year.

Sigh...I guess if Barrett isn't a finalist, then no offensive lineman ever will be.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Al A Bama View Post
    Are his brothers going to be equally good at their positions on the team?
    All due respect to Harrison, but 2-time All American plus freshman AA is asking a lot.

BamaNation First Team Im_on_dsp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    The Rimington (with an I) has only been around since 2000, so Dave didnt actually win one. he did however win the Outland Trophy, twice. once in 81 and again in 82.
    I've never heard of anyone winning an award that was actually created in their honor, doesn't matter how long ago Dave Rimington played.

Re: Barrett Jones wins the Rimington Trophy for the Nations Top Center

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    I don't see how he didn't repeat. The other guy wasn't that good. Just my opinion.
    Hummm ... Luke joeckel, a Jr, and this year's winner of the Outland, is projected to be #1 in the draft if he goes out. I would say that that is good. Also, announcers frequently made note of how much time Manzel had to find an open receiver, one even saying he could take a math test back there!