Barrett Jones wins the Rimington Trophy for the Nations Top Center

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Re: Barrett Jones wins the Remington Trophy for the Nations Top Center

Dave Rimington is the only other player to win both awards. This is truly a great accomplishment by Barrett.
Dave Rimington was the only guy to ever win the Outland twice, but he didn't win a Remington Trophy. Greg Eslinger is the only other guy to win both.

Last edited:

Rocknrolltide

1st Team
Aug 15, 2007
Foley, AL
Is he the greatest Alabama lineman ever? What a great career and better young man.
A case could be made that he's one of the best College Football players ever. Think that's a bit too much? Find anyone whose resume matches with what he's done on and off the field. Good luck with that.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

LOL..............Kinda of hard to win a trophy that's going to be named after you in the future.;)

Congrats to Barrett. Well earned and well deserved.
I think he was pointing out the spelling discrepancy in the same post.

The Rimington (with an I) has only been around since 2000, so Dave didnt actually win one. he did however win the Outland Trophy, twice. once in 81 and again in 82.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

I can't wait until they announce Barrett Jones name on ESPN when I'm older that he's been elected into the College Football HoF and I can tell my kids how incredible he was. My father would always tell me how great this OL that went into the HoF was but I never truly understood it until I got to watch the impact Jones made at UA and in college football. He's an example for every player from now on that comes to UA and I hope they all put forth the effort and humbleness that Jones did. Roll Tide Jones, we love you.

BamaRoy68

Jul 23, 2006

I know I posted this last week, but this is how a boy becomes a Man like Barrett Jones! He is more than just a great football player! http://www.commissionstories.com/videos/view/an-example-to-follow-barrett-jones?cid=bjp

Way to go Barrett! that's quite the trophy case!

Freshman All-American @ RG, 2009, SEC and National Champs!
3rd Team All-American @ RG, 2010
Unanimous 1st Team All-American @ LT, 2011, Outland Trophy, Wuerffel Trophy, Jacobs Blocking Trophy, ARA Sportsmanship Award and National Champs
Consensus 1st Team All-American @ Center, 2012, Campbell Trophy, Rimington Trophy, SEC Champs and more to come!

If my research is correct, in past 2 years he has more major individual awards than either the PAC-12 or the B10!

Not bad for a guy that doesn't measure his worth with trophies! RTR

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado

I know I posted this last week, but this is how a boy becomes a Man like Barrett Jones! He is more than just a great football player! http://www.commissionstories.com/videos/view/an-example-to-follow-barrett-jones?cid=bjp

Way to go Barrett! that's quite the trophy case!

Freshman All-American @ RG, 2009, SEC and National Champs!
3rd Team All-American @ RG, 2010
Unanimous 1st Team All-American @ LT, 2011, Outland Trophy, Wuerffel Trophy, Jacobs Blocking Trophy, ARA Sportsmanship Award and National Champs
Consensus 1st Team All-American @ Center, 2012, Campbell Trophy, Rimington Trophy, SEC Champs and more to come!

If my research is correct, in past 2 years he has more major individual awards than either the PAC-12 or the B10!

Not bad for a guy that doesn't measure his worth with trophies! RTR
Just based on that alone, he should be in NYC this weekend as a Heisman finalist. I know it's not a career award, but just looking at that resume, it's hard to see how he is not considered one of the most outstanding players in college football this year.

Sigh...I guess if Barrett isn't a finalist, then no offensive lineman ever will be.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA

The Rimington (with an I) has only been around since 2000, so Dave didnt actually win one. he did however win the Outland Trophy, twice. once in 81 and again in 82.
I've never heard of anyone winning an award that was actually created in their honor, doesn't matter how long ago Dave Rimington played.

AggieMom

Suspended
Nov 19, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I don't see how he didn't repeat. The other guy wasn't that good. Just my opinion.
Hummm ... Luke joeckel, a Jr, and this year's winner of the Outland, is projected to be #1 in the draft if he goes out. I would say that that is good. Also, announcers frequently made note of how much time Manzel had to find an open receiver, one even saying he could take a math test back there!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think that I remember reading that he is already a 3 time Academic All American, as well - with a chance to become Alabama's first 4 time Academic All American this year. His trophy case must be impressive.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Congrats Barrett. One of our greatest of all time.

I want a Bama jersey with #75 but I have not been able to find one. Does anyone know where to get one?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.