Barrett Jones wins the Rimington Trophy for the Nations Top Center

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: Barrett Jones wins the Remington Trophy for the Nations Top Center

Wow! I am pleasantly surprised. One of the truly great people in the sport. Happy to see him continue to receive accolades.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

The Outland presentation will come up the awards show tonight. Be prepared for gratuitous Holtz, Ara, and Kelly shots.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Dave Rimington is the only other player to win both awards. This is truly a great accomplishment by Barrett.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Well by those trends, one day there will be a Barrett Jones Trophy...right?!

SoINIrishFan

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 2, 2012

Congrats to Mr. Jones. He earned it. I'm sure everyone will be hearing his name for a long time. It's even better when great people win the awards they deserve. Again, congrats to Mr. Jones.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

Congrats to Barrett! So deserving. I hope he wins the outland again tonight.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011

very happy for him. would love to see him step to the podium once more tonight though. Outland! Outland! Outland!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Congrats to Mr. Jones. He earned it. I'm sure everyone will be hearing his name for a long time. It's even better when great people win the awards they deserve. Again, congrats to Mr. Jones.
The reason the man wins at everything he does is because he doesn't do things to win accolades. He's only a center to get the best 5 linemen on the field...it wasn't out of vanity, it was out of selflessness.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

The reason the man wins at everything he does is because he doesn't do things to win accolades. He's only a center to get the best 5 linemen on the field...it wasn't out of vanity, it was out of selflessness.
He played guard for your 2009 championship team, tackle last year, and center this year. He could win 3 BCS championships while starting at three different positions on your offensive line. Hard to even imagine.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Class act that Barrett Jones...one heck of a football player as well.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007

Once again, Barrett Jones is simply a class act. On and off the field. RTR!!!!

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

Congrats to Barrett. Hopefully he can bring in another Outland to go with it, but either way what a career.

The Remington is one I've been coveting for us for a while. We seemed to be snake bit on that one.

SoINIrishFan

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 2, 2012

With all due respect, I don't see anywhere in my post where I implied, or said, he was selfish or narcissistic. I said he earned the award, was a great person, and very deserving. Moving from OT as an Outland winner, to center, is quite a feat in itself. Making the line calls, holding his own, and getting the line to play as one makes him one who earned, deserved, and showed greatness.

Again, with respect, I don't see where your post is coming from.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.