Barrett Jones wins the Rimington Trophy for the Nations Top Center

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Barrett Jones wins the Remington Trophy for the Nations Top Center

With all due respect, I don't see anywhere in my post where I implied, or said, he was selfish or narcissistic. I said he earned the award, was a great person, and very deserving. Moving from OT as an Outland winner, to center, is quite a feat in itself. Making the line calls, holding his own, and getting the line to play as one makes him one who earned, deserved, and showed greatness.

Again, with respect, I don't see where your post is coming from.
I didn't think you suggested those things...it just made me think of what a quality guy he has been for us.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

He played guard for your 2009 championship team, tackle last year, and center this year. He could win 3 BCS championships while starting at three different positions on your offensive line. Hard to even imagine.
Yah, and I'm not sure that's ever been done before.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
Is he the greatest Alabama lineman ever? What a great career and better young man.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Is he the greatest Alabama lineman ever? What a great career and better young man.
I don`t know about ever , but you could probably make a sound case for the top 5 or so. I`ve watched Bama football since the the year after Coach Bryant arrived and none certainly have been as versatile.

Boo Radley

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2003
Domus Dulcis Alabamus
We've been blessed to have had some recent outstanding ambassadors for the University (Mark, TR, and Barrett) under CNS. Being from Florence and knowing the Jones family, I'm not at all surprised with Barrett's success.

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
Got to be on the short list and what about AJ? If he wins the NC this year, he will have been on the roster on 3 title teams and a starter for 2. How many college QB's alive or dead can say that?

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Most versatile? Without question.

Best? He'd have to climb over John Hannah and Dwight Stephenson. He's certainly on the short list, but alone? I'm not so sure.

Have we been blessed or what?

CrimsonJag

All-American
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville, FL

With all due respect, I don't see anywhere in my post where I implied, or said, he was selfish or narcissistic. I said he earned the award, was a great person, and very deserving. Moving from OT as an Outland winner, to center, is quite a feat in itself. Making the line calls, holding his own, and getting the line to play as one makes him one who earned, deserved, and showed greatness.

Again, with respect, I don't see where your post is coming from.
Not speaking for rgw, but I think he was agreeing with you and was adding more to your post.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Yeah, I responded to that...and that was all I was doing.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

So proud of the way that Barrett represents the U of A.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

Are his brothers going to be equally good at their positions on the team?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.