Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Recipes

Just one more reason to be glad you have Saban & Mal running our program...

Because it would never happen at Bama:

LINK
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Just one more reason to be glad you have Saban & Mal running our program...

I didn't know the Irish "keep it down home, cuz"

BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

And don't forget about the time Brian Kelly killed that kid. ND's transgressions have been largely ignored by the national media. But Saban's opinion of the no huddle offense is front page news for weeks?

The majority of the time, I don't believe in media bias. This isn't one of those times. If sexual assault (or the death of a videographer) happened at Alabama, CNS would be railroaded by the national media.
    Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice? Congratulations, you'd probably make a pretty good con-man.

BamaNation First Team Snuffy Smith's Avatar

I saw that earlier today but was hesitant to post. I haven't been around here long and wasn't sure if it was a bit rough for younger eyes. Very sad situation there & I agree if the allegations were thought to be true by our coaching staff those boys would be long gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RedStar View Post
    And don't forget about the time Brian Kelly killed that kid. ND's transgressions have been largely ignored by the national media. But Saban's opinion of the no huddle offense is front page news for weeks?

The majority of the time, I don't believe in media bias. This isn't one of those times. If sexual assault (or the death of a videographer) happened at Alabama, CNS would be railroaded by the national media.
    Most are unaware of the controls in place to keep this from happening. The coverup is just unbelievable. All the texts the poor victim got bombarded with constitute obstruction of justice here, and I'm sure that's true in Indiana as well...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

This is the kind of story that seems almost unbelievable on the surface, as so many people would have to keep their mouths shut for it to stay under cotrol - but after Penn State, even evil like this seems possible. Of course, we also have to remember that not all accusations like this are true. Consider the accusations at Duke a few years ago.

BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Wow...just, wow...

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bookworm on TideFans.com

Earle, you've done something very few people can do - you've left me in utter shock and speechless.
    :13

I am very disappointed you come to this conclusion without all the facts. It would seem one would want to do the research necessary to support such claims. Were these tragedies? Unquestionably. Were there crimes committed? There were not. People might not like the answers they've been given, but that doesn't make the events, or lack of events, a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Most are unaware of the controls in place to keep this from happening. The coverup is just unbelievable. All the texts the poor victim got bombarded with constitute obstruction of justice here, and I'm sure that's true in Indiana as well...

BamaNation All-American BamaFlum's Avatar
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by SoINIrishFan View Post
    I am very disappointed you come to this conclusion without all the facts. It would seem one would want to do the research necessary to support such claims. Were these tragedies? Unquestionably. Were there crimes committed? There were not. People might not like the answers they've been given, but that doesn't make the events, or lack of events, a crime.
    Please share a link repudiating the claims.
    RTR!

I feel sick... It would seem that Touchdown Jesus has just been "Touchdown" for quite some time.
    Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.

BamaNation All-American RollTideMang's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RedStar View Post
    And don't forget about the time Brian Kelly killed that kid. ND's transgressions have been largely ignored by the national media. But Saban's opinion of the no huddle offense is front page news for weeks? .
    That's kind of harsh. Sure better safety measures should have been taken to prevent his fall, but I wouldn't say BK killed the kid...maybe more like he holds some responsibility in the kid's death.

ND definitely has its share of dark secrets, but Catholicism hasn't had a very good light shined on it in some time. What can be done?

There are hundreds of links to dispute the claim. This event has been hashed and re-hashed. If there is genuine interest in knowing everything surrounding this tragedy, it can be easily searched for. My disappointment is from this posting, without having done the perquisite research on the subject to know all that can be known about the situation. This happened 2 years ago. Funny how a national game can be a springboard for a fledgling writer, no matter the cost.

I'm certain, no matter the accusation, Alabama fans would be taken aback by a grandstanding article about their institution.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFlum View Post
    Please share a link repudiating the claims.