Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Just one more reason to be glad you have Saban & Mal running our program...

Quote Originally Posted by SoINIrishFan View Post
    No sir, you are mistaken. There was no cover up. This was front page news 2 years ago. If you do a search, you can see the dated articles for yourself.
    I was talking about outside South Bend or at best outside Indiana.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Third Team

I would call the Chicago Tribune, outside of Indiana.

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJ View Post
    I was talking about outside South Bend or at best outside Indiana.

BamaNation All-American cuda.1973's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sick on TideFans.com

Just like all the stories about pervert priests wasn't covered up. How long did that take to come out?

Which is why my Catholic aunts admit to being Catholics, but not members of the Catholic Church.

This will be my only comment on this. Thinking of all the stuff the Church has covered up makes me glad we defected.
    "Mark it zero. Mark it zero, or you're entering a whole new world of pain."

Wow...
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

it's an interesting and incredibly saddening set of cases.

To the Dome fan earlier in the thread. Please honor the earlier request and provide links to credible sources with information on these cases. I'll read them, but I won't search for them. Until I am presented with credible conflicting information I just let history be my guide and assume that the Catholics are just trying to make it all go away....

and Earl, thanks for posting read a bit about Lizzy a few years ago and then again recently. Didn't know of the other one.

No sir, you are mistaken. There was no cover up. This was front page news 2 years ago. If you do a search, you can see the dated articles for yourself.
    From the family's remarks tonight plus the Washington Post article, it's clear that there are many who do not agree with you. I'm not happy with what I've heard and read today...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

BamaNation All-American RammerJammer14's Avatar
    My Mood
    Woot on TideFans.com

Ring 66? Classy.

Anyways, I know its a cool connection to make and all, but I fail to see what being catholic has to do with any coverup, unless the church somehow directly intervened with the police department?

Thanks for the article though I didn't know all that was going down at ND.
    -Why's it us Sergeant? Why us?
    -Because we're here lad. Nobody else. Just us.

-"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
    -"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

My Mood
    Paranoid on TideFans.com

Notre Dame, where Catholic doesn't mean Christian.

Here is a snippet from the Prosecutor's office:

235-9618

...Police also recovered the text messages of September 2, 2010 between Ms. Seeberg and the student who sent them. The content of the text messages sent does not rise to the level of a criminal act as defined by Indiana's Harassment statute.2 The student subjectively believed Ms. Seeberg's complaint was false and therefore he had a legitimate purpose for his text messages.

Quote Originally Posted by Melinda Henneberger, Washington Post
    Yet after Lizzy went to the police, a friend of the player’s sent her a series of texts that frightened her as much as anything that had happened in the player’s dorm room. “Don’t do anything you would regret,” one of them said. “Messing with Notre Dame football is a bad idea.
    If the text messages are as stated, a prosecuting attorney who would call those texts legitimate has very little credibility.

BamaNation Second Team

I think Notre Dame handle it in the best way they knew how, with the information Ms. Seeberg gave them. Here is a snippet from the Prosecutor's office:

235-9618
    Charging Decision Made inSeeberg Allegations South Bend, IN-
    Our office has concluded its review of the investigation into the allegations made by Elizabeth See berg concerning events occurring on August 31, 2010 and September 2, 2010 in S1.Joseph County, Indiana.
    The reports on this matter were prepared by Notre Dame Security Police Department (NDSPD), who investigated the allegations made by Ms. See berg and presented these reports to our office on November 17,2010.
    Together with deputy prosecutors from my office, we have reviewed the police reports and conducted research into Indiana law on several issues raised by this investigation.
    Further, we met with the parents of Elizabeth Seeberg and their attorney on December 1, 2010 and discussed with them much of the contents of the investigation.
    There were two separate allegations made by Ms. Seeberg against two separate individuals, both of whom were students at the University of Notre Dame and one of which who was also an athlete.
    First, there was the allegation of Sexual Batter/, specifically the touching of her breasts. Secondly, there was a complaint about text messages received by Ms. Seeberg. She never made an allegation of rape nor does the evidence even suggest a rape occurred as some media outlets have mistakenly reported.

office has declined to file criminal charges against either of the two individuals named in this investigation, and we decline to identify these individuals as they are not being charged with any crimes.

The investigation by NDSPD included the collection of evidence and the statements of event witnesses. This includes two statements from Ms. Seeberg, statements from the two suspects, and a statement from a female friend, all of whom were present during the evening of August 31, 2010. Only Ms. Seeberg and the student-athlete were present during the alleged battery. Conflicts exist among the witnesses' accounts of the events given to the police. Subpoenaed cell phone records are inconsistent with parts of the complaint itself.
    Police also recovered the text messages of September 2, 2010 between Ms. Seeberg and the student who sent them. The content of the text messages sent does not rise to the level of a criminal act as defined by Indiana's Harassment statute.2 The student subjectively believed Ms. Seeberg's complaint was false and therefore he had a legitimate purpose for his text messages.

Interpret that as you will. I didn't accuse you of being a moron, because I know differently, but I was disappointed in the one sided shot of this magnitude.

I think more importantly, is the public's rush to condemn, without a shred of fact or truth. Was this a tragedy, undoubtedly, but I don't see how ND smeared the young girl at all. What I do see is others wanting a pound of flesh for this tragedy, as they do with most everything now. Give the public their blood, whether it is appropriate or not, and then they'll sort it out after they've been sated. It's a sad state of affairs.

Note that the university police are the ones that did the investigation.

BamaNation Third Team

No one should be happy a tragedy of this magnitude happened. It's sad, and unnecessary. The worst part of the situation is an individual trying to make a name off of this; using half truths, biases, and sensationalism.

From what I understand, (2 couples) 4 college kids were in a dorm, on a date. They were with the other couple, then they(other couple) walked out of the dorm. The remaining couple started to make out. He touched her breast, and she froze. She said his phone rang, and the other couple came back in. Did he force his self on her? I don't know, but she was on a date with him, and in his dorm. I don't know if it was forced. Did she tell him no, or ask him to stop? She doesn't say. She only says she froze. The witnesses did not say there was an assault, and the accused denied the accusation. There was no evidence via DNA that indicated a crime had been committed. Was there poor judgement involved? It seems apparent there was, but I don't see anything criminal here. Of course, I'm not an attorney. From this point, the tragedy begins.

As I stated before, everyone wants a pound of flesh when there is a tragedy. Was there a crime committed? It was determined there wasn't. Was it a tragedy the young lady made the choice she did? Absolutely. I don't understand how the university is responsible for her decision. Her decision was tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    From the family's remarks tonight plus the Washington Post article, it's clear that there are many who do not agree with you. I'm not happy with what I've heard and read today...

BamaNation Third Team

Yes sir. With the information given from the accuser, it was at best a simple assault, with a he said/ she said situation. There was nothing to support the claim she made. The information, in it's entirety was given to the prosecutor, and covered with the accuser's parents and attorney. If there was even a shred of evidence to support the claim, it would have been pursued.

Quote Originally Posted by butchp View Post
    Note that the university police are the ones that did the investigation.

BamaNation First Team 1958againbear's Avatar

Let's see. And you are a spokesman for the university and/or football team, someone in the school's administration, campus police, legal counsel, risk management, the South Bend police department or DA's office, and so on? Maybe just a supportive fan who dislikes seeing any tarnish on the golden dome/helmets. Whatever, whichever, you just happen to be prepared to espouse the party line ad infinitum and venture forth to fight the Irish's battles off the football field. Hmmm... Only five days since the SECCG and the stakes are being ramped up, the battle lines drawn aside from just the X's and O's of the game, the carrying forth of the good name of ND on the other school's fan boards. Spare us Mr. Irishfan. Defend yourself to the ABC's and other media who might dare to publicize your story and spare us from more and more intrusions in the coming weeks that will detract from our discussion, enjoyment, and anticipation of the BCS championship.