Link: Just one more reason to be glad you have Saban & Mal running our program...

Status
Not open for further replies.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I'm certain no one here has ever had a friend try to stand up for you, and said things you, and they, wished they hadn't in the spur of the moment.
In this day and age, any implication of a threat is (and should be) taken at face value. Doesn't seem like that was done in this case.

Craxycat

All-SEC
Apr 24, 2009
If the text messages are as stated, a prosecuting attorney who would call those texts legitimate has very little credibility.
? you don't think those texts are legitimate? Or you don't think they point to a kid who is trying to intimidate another? IDK if there were any 'bully' type laws during this case, but those texts seem almost identical to things of that nature to me.

Thanks for the article Earl I hate to hear about things like this only cause you'd think that people that had evil in them can't touch our babies when they are in college. I also think that if the media frenzy surrounding this NCCG will throw more light on these type occurrences then it will be a good thing in the end.

I can't remember the 'irish' posters name right now (in this thread), but did you stop to think that having this story blasted could be a good thing for your schools future? What I mean by that is that any truth that exists (or falsity) that can be gleamed from an investigation can keep bad from bringing down a whole university. I am not the first to bring up PSU, but it is an AEB in this case. Lies, deceit, and cover-ups to name a few are all kryptnonite to a university. Don't have to look t far into the past to find some of this in the annals of Bama history, but those negative paved the way for future possibilities for positives. Anyway that is about as positive as I can be for ya...this story leaves a bad taste in my mouth w. the possible evil it portrays.

SoINIrishFan

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 2, 2012
So much for southern hospitality. I think I will take your advice. Some of you have been exceptionally kind, and I want to thank you for that. Good luck.

Let's see. And you are a spokesman for the university and/or football team, someone in the school's administration, campus police, legal counsel, risk management, the South Bend police department or DA's office, and so on? Maybe just a supportive fan who dislikes seeing any tarnish on the golden dome/helmets. Whatever, whichever, you just happen to be prepared to espouse the party line ad infinitum and venture forth to fight the Irish's battles off the football field. Hmmm... Only five days since the SECCG and the stakes are being ramped up, the battle lines drawn aside from just the X's and O's of the game, the carrying forth of the good name of ND on the other school's fan boards. Spare us Mr. Irishfan. Defend yourself to the ABC's and other media who might dare to publicize your story and spare us from more and more intrusions in the coming weeks that will detract from our discussion, enjoyment, and anticipation of the BCS championship.

To the poster below, from your post to God's ears.

I can't remember the 'irish' posters name right now (in this thread), but did you stop to think that having this story blasted could be a good thing for your schools future? What I mean by that is that any truth that exists (or falsity) that can be gleamed from an investigation can keep bad from bringing down a whole university. I am not the first to bring up PSU, but it is an AEB in this case. Lies, deceit, and cover-ups to name a few are all kryptnonite to a university. Don't have to look t far into the past to find some of this in the annals of Bama history, but those negative paved the way for future possibilities for positives. Anyway that is about as positive as I can be for ya...this story leaves a bad taste in my mouth w. the possible evil it portrays.

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
No one should be happy a tragedy of this magnitude happened. It's sad, and unnecessary. The worst part of the situation is an individual trying to make a name off of this; using half truths, biases, and sensationalism.

From what I understand, (2 couples) 4 college kids were in a dorm, on a date. They were with the other couple, then they(other couple) walked out of the dorm. The remaining couple started to make out. He touched her breast, and she froze. She said his phone rang, and the other couple came back in. Did he force his self on her? I don't know, but she was on a date with him, and in his dorm. I don't know if it was forced. Did she tell him no, or ask him to stop? She doesn't say. She only says she froze. The witnesses did not say there was an assault, and the accused denied the accusation. There was no evidence via DNA that indicated a crime had been committed. Was there poor judgement involved? It seems apparent there was, but I don't see anything criminal here. Of course, I'm not an attorney. From this point, the tragedy begins.

As I stated before, everyone wants a pound of flesh when there is a tragedy. Was there a crime committed? It was determined there wasn't. Was it a tragedy the young lady made the choice she did? Absolutely. I don't understand how the university is responsible for her decision. Her decision was tragic.
so what you've heard?

Credible. Links. Please.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
and to everyone else read the last link in the first paragraph of the story Earl posted. Much more in depth account of all of this

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
So much for southern hospitality. I think I will take your advice. Some of you have been exceptionally kind, and I want to thank you for that. Good luck.

To the poster below, from your post to God's ears.
There you go again. There's that word, 'God'. I can't say how many times in the last five days I've already heard or read that 'God is on ND's side.' Therefore, Mr. Irishfan, you must be right because surely God ensures that ND is in the right.

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
First, lets dismiss any illusion that Notre Dame is a Catholic University - "Is Notre Dame still a repository, teacher and exemplar of eternal truths about God and Man, right and wrong, whose mission is to convey and defend those truths in a hostile world?
Or has Notre Dame joined the secularists in their endless scavenger hunt to seek and find truth in the marketplace of ideas?"

And to call Melinda Henneberger, the Washington Post reporter who wrote the story and who has also written for the NY Times among others, a fledgling writer is a silly shoot the messenger tactic.

Notre Dame is just another secular university. It is another example of how life in America today is not representative of life 50 years ago, whether on Sand Mountain near Boaz or South Bend.

And you'll still find plenty of southern hospitality on this board. But you won't find people who will apologize for bad behavior, whether or not it rises to the level of a crime.

saraelizabethua

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Oxford, Mississippi
This other article (a bit older) is written by the same person and talks about the second alleged rape with a little more detail. This is what I found especially heavy. Where are these parents??:

LINK

The student who drove that young woman to the hospital was in the dorm where she was a resident assistant when she got the SOS. “She said she’d been raped by a member of the football team at a party off-campus.” The resident assistant, who asked that her name not be used because she, too, had reported being raped at Notre Dame two years earlier, stayed with her at the hospital, and then took her to the resident assistant’s parents’ home, which is within driving distance. There, her mother made breakfast and her father watched in horror as the young woman received text after text from the player’s friends. “My wife and I looked at them, and they were trying to silence this girl.” After the father informed Notre Dame officials about the texts, he said, they promised to get the guys to “knock it off.”

That link also talks about the player's attorney who compared an alleged ND victim to the victim in To Kill a Mockingbird. SIAP.

Craxycat

All-SEC
Apr 24, 2009
This other article (a bit older) is written by the same person and talks about the second alleged rape with a little more detail. This is what I found especially heavy. Where are these parents??:

LINK

That link also talks about the player's attorney who compared an alleged ND victim to the victim in To Kill a Mockingbird. SIAP.
I was confused about those things too...and Any attorney who quotes TKaM in the same breath as a verbal swipe at the victim being 'aggressive' is highly suspect. Rape is ugly and color shouldn't be a way to claim innocence of a possible perpetrator (that logic is ridiculous to me, but I guess if it wins it is a valid defense?).

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'm going to close this one down for now. It obviously is football solely because Notre Dame is our next opponent. However, the sociological implications deserve further discussion, so it's probably headed for the rough and tumble of NonSports...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.