Link: Just one more reason to be glad you have Saban & Mal running our program...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
And don't forget about the time Brian Kelly killed that kid. ND's transgressions have been largely ignored by the national media. But Saban's opinion of the no huddle offense is front page news for weeks?

The majority of the time, I don't believe in media bias. This isn't one of those times. If sexual assault (or the death of a videographer) happened at Alabama, CNS would be railroaded by the national media.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I saw that earlier today but was hesitant to post. I haven't been around here long and wasn't sure if it was a bit rough for younger eyes. Very sad situation there & I agree if the allegations were thought to be true by our coaching staff those boys would be long gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
And don't forget about the time Brian Kelly killed that kid. ND's transgressions have been largely ignored by the national media. But Saban's opinion of the no huddle offense is front page news for weeks?

The majority of the time, I don't believe in media bias. This isn't one of those times. If sexual assault (or the death of a videographer) happened at Alabama, CNS would be railroaded by the national media.
Most are unaware of the controls in place to keep this from happening. The coverup is just unbelievable. All the texts the poor victim got bombarded with constitute obstruction of justice here, and I'm sure that's true in Indiana as well...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This is the kind of story that seems almost unbelievable on the surface, as so many people would have to keep their mouths shut for it to stay under cotrol - but after Penn State, even evil like this seems possible. Of course, we also have to remember that not all accusations like this are true. Consider the accusations at Duke a few years ago.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Earle, you've done something very few people can do - you've left me in utter shock and speechless.

SoINIrishFan

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 2, 2012
I am very disappointed you come to this conclusion without all the facts. It would seem one would want to do the research necessary to support such claims. Were these tragedies? Unquestionably. Were there crimes committed? There were not. People might not like the answers they've been given, but that doesn't make the events, or lack of events, a crime.

Most are unaware of the controls in place to keep this from happening. The coverup is just unbelievable. All the texts the poor victim got bombarded with constitute obstruction of justice here, and I'm sure that's true in Indiana as well...

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I am very disappointed you come to this conclusion without all the facts. It would seem one would want to do the research necessary to support such claims. Were these tragedies? Unquestionably. Were there crimes committed? There were not. People might not like the answers they've been given, but that doesn't make the events, or lack of events, a crime.
Please share a link repudiating the claims.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
I feel sick... It would seem that Touchdown Jesus has just been "Touchdown" for quite some time.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
And don't forget about the time Brian Kelly killed that kid. ND's transgressions have been largely ignored by the national media. But Saban's opinion of the no huddle offense is front page news for weeks? .
That's kind of harsh. Sure better safety measures should have been taken to prevent his fall, but I wouldn't say BK killed the kid...maybe more like he holds some responsibility in the kid's death.

ND definitely has its share of dark secrets, but Catholicism hasn't had a very good light shined on it in some time. What can be done?

SoINIrishFan

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 2, 2012
There are hundreds of links to dispute the claim. This event has been hashed and re-hashed. If there is genuine interest in knowing everything surrounding this tragedy, it can be easily searched for. My disappointment is from this posting, without having done the perquisite research on the subject to know all that can be known about the situation. This happened 2 years ago. Funny how a national game can be a springboard for a fledgling writer, no matter the cost.

I'm certain, no matter the accusation, Alabama fans would be taken aback by a grandstanding article about their institution.

Please share a link repudiating the claims.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I don't think it's realistic to ask the world to wait to see if there are convictions. The harassing texts sent to the girl are out there in the public domain. You can read them, if you want to make the effort. When the texts are placed in juxtaposition to the official releases, I'm not required to act like I'm a moron. PSU initially took the deny, deny, deny track - and where did it get them in the end? A young girl is dead. A member of the football team - with a history - is involved deeply, one way or the other. What ND needs to do at this point is to scrape away at the wound and try to find truth. Smearing the decedent and her family isn't going to work. PSU tried that. We have mechanisms in place to keep this from happening, and they evolved from sad history - and they predate Saban, although he has strengthened the system. This is something Notre Dame needs to face up to and make a clean slate. If they don't, what the non-catholic world is going to conclude is that it's the same old story as priest abuse - cover it up. That is the medicine, sour as it might taste...

So sexual assault isn't a crime in Soutg Bend. I guess they really do play by a different set of rules...

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
There are hundreds of links to dispute the claim. This event has been hashed and re-hashed. If there is genuine interest in knowing everything surrounding this tragedy, it can be easily searched for. My disappointment is from this posting, without having done the perquisite research on the subject to know all that can be known about the situation. This happened 2 years ago. Funny how a national game can be a springboard for a fledgling writer, no matter the cost.

I'm certain, no matter the accusation, Alabama fans would be taken aback by a grandstanding article about their institution.
Your comment proves Tide-HSV was correct there was a cover-up since as you state it took place 2 years ago and is just now becoming "public" for the most part. You are correct it took this big of a stage to get someone to come forward to try to shed light on a subject that was in the dark.

Your comment proves Tide-HSV was correct there was a cover-up since as you state it took place 2 years ago and is just now becoming "public" for the most part. You are correct it took this big of a stage to get someone to come forward to try to shed light on a subject that was in the dark.
You are correct! It shouldn't have ever come to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.