Coach Nuss to interview at So. Miss...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
We took Lance back to cover that position. Major step down for us.
I really can't agree with that. I was never a fan of bringing him back after his first stint with us, nor after his defection to UT. However, he's always been a good recruiter, only when backed by Saban as closer. From what I've come to understand, he's developed into a pretty good position coach, or he wouldn't have been retained by Saban...

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
I really can't agree with that. I was never a fan of bringing him back after his first stint with us, nor after his defection to UT. However, he's always been a good recruiter, only when backed by Saban as closer. From what I've come to understand, he's developed into a pretty good position coach, or he wouldn't have been retained by Saban...
I don't understand the criticism of him from some people. He was the lead recruiter on several of our most important players from the 08 09 recruiting class that have been the backbone of this run. Barron, Julio, Trent, McCarron, Dre, Jerrel Harris, Lester and a few others I can't remember. If that alone was his contribution then he deserves serious respect.

Additionally, I refuse to believe that Saban is like Chizik and employs some incompetent position coach just for recruiting advantage. I'm also confused how people seem know his ability as a position coach. Are his critics at the practices? Have they seen the areas that he coaches suffer in player development?

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I never meant to insinuate he was encouraged. He might feel like he needs to be looking for himself. Not sure if everyone realizes this or not but CNS isn't the easiest person on earth to work for. Maybe he's tired of it already, maybe he hates the Black Warrior River, he may not like wearing crimson or maybe his wife hates the humidity. My point is we don't know what it could be, but maybe he feels like he needs to be looking for himself and his family.
Yeah, Southern Mississippi would be a great improvement on the humidity...
;)

dabaxter

1st Team
Nov 15, 2004
Nuss has done an excellent job. He would be missed. There are many records set or "firsts" for our O:
1) First time with 2 1,000 yd backs.
2) First time with over 500 pts in a season.
3) AJ has had the best single season in Bama history (while playing most of the season with injuries).
4) He has utilized a good, yet injury ridden WR corps very well. He deserves at least some of the credit for Amari's development (with Groh).

:BigA:
These are very good points. However, there's an abundance of talent on offense.

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning
According to the recruiting gurus, Auburn has talent all over the team. How did that work out this year?

BTW - USM hired Okie State's OC yesterday.
So did Arkansas and Tennessee. Plus many other undeachieving teams all over the country like Texas and USC. Like I said, some of our fans never cease to amaze me. Some fans, like dabaxter, will ignore an entire season of work because of one series of playcalls. I hope we keep Coach Nuss as long as we can.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
So did Arkansas and Tennessee. Plus many other undeachieving teams all over the country like Texas and USC. Like I said, some of our fans never cease to amaze me. Some fans, like dabaxter, will ignore an entire season of work because of one series of playcalls. I hope we keep Coach Nuss as long as we can.
C'mon, Airborne. Everyone who truly loves Bama knows that anytime anything slightly non-awesome happens on the field during one of our games, it's time to fire someone/everyone. Or so I hear on the interwebs. So stop settling for mediocrity. Clearly the game has passed Coach Saban/Nuss/Smart/(whoever is the villain du jour) by & it's time for us to evolve. I mean, there was that one year in the last four when we did not play for a national title, so we're doomed...;) :D

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.