Coach Nuss to interview at So. Miss...

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
I think continuity and change both can be good. If he were to get hired we would find someone with the same knowledge as to how we run our offense. Although keeping Nuss would continue our growth in learning his style, getting a new coordinator would have D-coordinators scratching their head's once again on how to stop Bama. I wish him best of luck irregardless of his decision.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Southern Miss could be a very good stepping stone job for him. We would surely miss him. Coach Nuss has done a very good job...especially with the red zone offense. (with one notable exception:frown: )

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
In general, it seems a bad thing to take a job and then jump ship one year later.

I understand a head coaching job is a step up...but say things don't go well for him as a head coach...and he finds himself back in the market as a coordinator again...in that situation his tendency to jump around might work against him.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
To be honest I would be shocked if Nuss was "encouraged" to be looking due to his play calling. I mean come on guys, it's not like it was atrocious. A little pass heavy at points in games? Sure, but outside of that I can tell you our deep passing game improved a million times over. It was balanced, aggressive and overall a success.

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning
To be honest I would be shocked if Nuss was "encouraged" to be looking due to his play calling. I mean come on guys, it's not like it was atrocious. A little pass heavy at points in games? Sure, but outside of that I can tell you our deep passing game improved a million times over. It was balanced, aggressive and overall a success.
Bravo. Thank you for that. Our offense had many firsts and records set this year but we are talking about forcing our OC out. I just don't understand our fanbase sometimes.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I agree with Buzzard. I think CNS let him know quite strongly to run the ball on 1st down and keep running it at halftime of the SECCG if I read into correctly what he said to Tracy Wolfson at the halftime interview.

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas
I never meant to insinuate he was encouraged. He might feel like he needs to be looking for himself. Not sure if everyone realizes this or not but CNS isn't the easiest person on earth to work for. Maybe he's tired of it already, maybe he hates the Black Warrior River, he may not like wearing crimson or maybe his wife hates the humidity. My point is we don't know what it could be, but maybe he feels like he needs to be looking for himself and his family.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I never meant to insinuate he was encouraged. He might feel like he needs to be looking for himself. Not sure if everyone realizes this or not but CNS isn't the easiest person on earth to work for. Maybe he's tired of it already, maybe he hates the Black Warrior River, he may not like wearing crimson or maybe his wife hates the humidity. My point is we don't know what it could be, but maybe he feels like he needs to be looking for himself and his family.
Might be. I don't know.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.