Manti Te'o, et al at ND

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Manti Te'o must be one very, very, very good (awesome) football player. With all the awards that he won tonight on ESPN as well as the Lombardi Trophy (Award), wow! He may have won awards that I have not even heard about. He seems to be a very humble person as well. He seems to one driven individual. Our hands are going to be full trying to deal with him. After all the awards he won tonight, I'm wondering if Johnny Football even has a chance to win the Heisman. Prior to watching the awards program tonight, I felt it was a slam dunk for Johnny Football winning the Heisman. Now, I'm not so sure. Does the Notre Dame mystique have something to do with that? Maybe. Are voters all across the country voting for Te'o?

He looks big, but his father is even bigger. I'll bet his dad could have played nose guard, maybe even left tackle to handle the blind side, for any university.

Coach Kelly has been undefeated at three universities. Wow!

Maybe Alabama should just call in sick and not show up in Miami. Let's just send Oklahoma State since they missed out last year.

I'm sure Te'o is very deserving. I'm also sure we're going to have a tough time against him on January 7. Are we going to be able to block him and keep him off A. J. McCarron? A. J., don't throw the ball within 20 yards of that Irish Hawaiian.

I'm also concerned about that BIG tight end for N. D. He's a big dude.

Well, I guess I'm also concerned about their front seven on defense as well as their QB's especially the elusive freshman QB, their running backs, as well as their DB's.
Coach Saban has complimented all areas except their DB's in interviews. Is there a reason or do the other areas stand out so much.

One final thing. How was A. J. McCarron not deserving of any of the national awards? He's 24-2 in 2 years and won one BCSNC as the starting QB as well as headed to another one against ND. Is this an injustice? I personally think it is. If Barkley had accomplished that at USCw, everyone would think he was the player of the year, the Heisman winner, etc. Has the Johnny Unitas award been awarded yet? Does A. J. have a chance?

Back to the above accolades, do we even have a chance at defeating the Fighting Irish. I am one Irish descendant that does NOT like the Fighting Irish! Also, are we even going to be able to score a TD against them. I do think we need to score several times from outside the red zone to have a chance.

RTR!!!!!!!

mommap

Mar 4, 2011
'Well, I remember in '92, we should have not shown up to play Miami , '09 to play Texas, and '11 to play the mighty LSU, but we did and look at the results!! Here we come ND - You have the awards, but we want the crystal ball AGAIN!!!! RTR!!!!!

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
The Notre Dame "mystique" definitely plays into it.

Just be happy for him and his team - this has been their year...thus far.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
yeah Klein won the Johnny U award I believe the other night
Well, I guess there's only ONE award left for A. J. to win and that's a TEAM award that I like most: the BCSNC Trophy, i.e. the Crystal football on January 7, 2013.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
To long to read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Concise paragraphs, double spacing between, no wall of text...all in all, an easy read.

We'll try to post you some pictures next time.

One final thing. How was A. J. McCarron not deserving of any of the national awards? He's 24-2 in 2 years and won one BCSNC as the starting QB as well as headed to another one against ND.
Just win baby!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Manziel wins Heisman easily.
That's what I was thinking, but the ESPN Awards show tonight made me think that maybe he, Te'o, should have just won ALL the awards that were to be given out this year. I guess, since he's the QB of the defense, maybe he should have won a QB award. However, I guess he did not punt this year or kick field goals, so I guess he didn't deserve those two awards.

The show almost made me like Ara P., but NO 1966 comes into my mind. Ara P. "Okay guys go out and TIE one for the Gipper." I do think Ara is one of the good guys. But again, I still come back to 1966 every time I think about him.

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
I guess it's all the interceptions that Te'o had that made it easy to hype him up, because his tackle totals and sacks weren't really eye popping or anything, at least not enough to be a Heisman candidate.

He's a good player though, and seems like good guy.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
I guess it's all the interceptions that Te'o had that made it easy to hype him up, because his tackle totals and sacks weren't really eye popping or anything, at least not enough to be a Heisman candidate.

He's a good player though, and seems like good guy.
He's both those things. But there's two or three other linebackers as good in the NCAA starting with our own CJ Mosley, they just don't play for Notre Dame.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.