Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Tennessee has hired Butch Jones

DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American Chukker Veteran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

I would dearly love to see Jones interview Fulmer for a prominent spot on his staff, then take a pass on him. And yes, I said pass, spelled with an a.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    FootMouth on TideFans.com

You have to love the logic here. Fire a coach, then replace that coach with a guy that actually lost to the guy you just fired. Nicely done, UcheaT. Nicely done!

BamaNation All-American B1GTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

This hire makes no sense, and is probably not an upgrade of Dooley. They fired Dooley without a clear game plan. Their AD will be gone soon, IMO.

BamaNation First Team Lassr4Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I kept hearing a lot of talking heads mention "Butch Jones is still out there." "Butch Jones should probably get a look."

I wonder if UT finally stop trying themselves and just listened to the sports talk people. Doesn't seem to be an impressive hire. Maybe there is something to him I'm not seeing...

Post Thanks / Like

Phat Phil wants to see a link. He knows there is no way HIS Tennessee would not choose the best college footballl coach ever in the history of the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Butch Jones interviewed and was offered the job at Colorado, and turned it down.

Jones would have been a home run hire for CU, but I agree that it's completely underwhelming for Tennessee.

BamaNation All-American RollTideMang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Guess we can go ahead and punch our ticket for 7 in a row. I'm being too conservative with that...let's make it 9 in a row.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

This hire is actually less underwhelming than when they hired Dooley..And that's aying a lot..Awesome job Mr Hart..

Post Thanks / Like

From a Vols board:
    The difference between Tennessee and Alabama
    Bama, after probation, heavy sanctions, and Dubose, Price, Franchione, and Shula, had to make their hire count. They wouldn't take no for an answer, and they pressed on until January until they had a coach they were satisfied with. They are, once again, the best program in college football by a large margin. Tennessee just found themselves in a similar situation, minus the sanctions. Apparently, we just took the first guy who said yes.

I know people are going to talk about how Jones was the only one willing to take the job, but in spite of this train wreck of a coaching search, I find that unlikely. People spent the last three years convincing themselves that an obviously terrible coach was good at his job. I hope our fans will be a little more honest this time around. Ignoring reality just makes it take longer to fix the problem.

Maybe in a few years, we'll realize that the football program won't be fixed just because "we are Tennessee." We're only going to get what we demand. I firmly believe that Tennessee has the resources to have a successful, if not elite, football program. Maybe someday, Tennessee will believe it, too.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it's a terrible hire, but it is underwhelming and makes UT look bad. A Brian Kelly mop up guy?

Not really impressed with any of the hires this off season. I suppose Bielema is the best hire. Then really it's Stoops at UK b/c hey, it's UK and ANY Stoops would be an upgrade.

Half of Bama's 2013 SEC games will be against new coaches.

BamaNation First Team bamafan918's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The REC told Mr. Hart to hire Jones. I love this hire.
    Quote Originally Posted by TideMan09 View Post
    This hire is actually less underwhelming than when they hired Dooley..And that's aying a lot..Awesome job Mr Hart..
    American By Birth Tide By The Grace Of GOD

BamaNation All-American Crimson1967's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

So far Hart has forced out Pat Summit, had a sexual discrimination suit filed against his department and now has hired a football coach from Cincinnati. The REC must be paying him well.