Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Tennessee has hired Butch Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0424 View Post
    I disagree... I would take any of the coaches over Jones, who has to arguably be the most overrated coaches on the market. They should have just held out and waited, I think a better situation would have presented itself...
    The point I was making is that Arkansas and Auburn were so desperate for a name they really didnt look at the situation they were putting themselves in to by hiring these coaches. Take this for example Bilema had all the talent from wisconsin with only Iowa and Michigan trying to invade for recruits. Now he has 3 to 4 aggresive recruiters invading arkansas stealing the skill players that they have. Plus Bilema is more of a big boy type football coach wheras the recruits they have now are air raid so the transition is going to take awhile, and to top it off Meyer took him to town in recruiting head to head so just imagine what Saban,Sumlin,and Miles are going to do to him.

As for Malazhan... its pretty much an extension of Gene chizik. After the game against oregon, gus was raved as an offensive genius and really should of cashed it in for a big time job then instead the following year his credibility was hit with massive uncertanty and he had to settle for ARKST. Arkst played in an easy conference and gus thrived because of it. When Jay called it pretty much spelled the doom for Auburn. Instead of hiring a smashmouth coach and cashing in on probably the best chance they have to get good physical players, they hire Gene Chizik v 2.0. Gus hired ellis Johnson which doesnt solve one of Auburn's most gaping problems that their defense cant tackle anyone.

As for Butch Jones he is a great game time coach and he has inherited a very talented team, and I can see 7 to 9 wins his first season because of it. Talk about him following chip kelly all you want to but you dont just win 4 out of 6 conference titles just because of the previous coach.
    “There's not too much to say. Alabama thoroughly beat us. They are a better team. They were coached better, they played better, and they looked like they will have a big season. They have a heck of a team.”
    Steve Spurrier

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by DocCrimson View Post
    I didn't realize how you viewed Cam...
    If that's the criteria for winning it all, where's Brady Quinn's crystal?

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    If that's the criteria for winning it all, where's Brady Quinn's crystal?
    That's hilarious. I'm afraid I'm not qualified to answer that, however. My girlfriend would argue that AJ is likely to win again with such criteria. It's the only reason she'll watch football with me. Needless to say, I have mixed feelings about him coming back for another year.

Jones was the last girl sitting at the bar when the "last call" lights were flickered.
    "We didn't come here lookin' for a moral victory."
    - Nick Saban, December 5, 2009

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by jdatide View Post
    Jones was the last girl sitting at the bar when the "last call" lights were flickered.
    True; but maybe she was just picky; He might be a good coach; I think they could have done worse

BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TideWatcher View Post
    True; but maybe she was just picky; He might be a good coach; I think they could have done worse
    Like rehiring Dooley?