Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Big A Re: Latest Bama News 12/7/12

Every now and then a player comes along who makes us step back and truly appreciate the career they have had. Sometimes that reflection comes several years down the road. In the case of Barrett Jones, we can appreciate all he has accomplished already, even with a game against Notre Dame for the national championship still to come.Alabama football has a long tradition of great players who have passed through Tuscaloosa. The Crimson Tide boast over 100 All-Americans and counting, with numerous individual award winners including 2009 Heisman Trophy winner Mark Ingram. But no player in Alabama history has had his name etched in more hardware than Barrett Jones, and the accolades continue to pour in for the Crimson Tideís four-year starter. Jones came to Alabama as a part of an incredible 2008 recruiting class that featured the likes of Mark Barron, Terrence Cody, Marcell Dareus, Dontía Hightower, Mark Ingram, Julio Jones, Robert Lester and Courtney Upshaw. Jones was a four-star recruit from Germantown, Tennessee, but he was far from the crown jewel of that recruiting class; or so we thought at the time. Nobody could have predicted the success he would have. He was simply another good player that everyone hoped would start on the offensive line for a couple years.

Alabama Football: The Greatness Of Barrett Jones-bamahammer.com

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Donít ask Nick Saban about schedule strength; not if you value your life. For the best coach in college football, itís always been about his team, not theirs; about playing to a standard, not a style. Saban never thinks about external factors Ė he wonít even field questions about such things. Instead, he chews on glass and glares at you and makes you cry, because you should know better than to ask. You should know that for Saban and his dynasty-in-the-making Crimson Tide, itís not about who you play. Itís about how you play. Who can argue with the results?

Alabama Football: Nick Saban Has Tide Playing To A Standard, Not A Style-bamahammer.com

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

A few people wondered why Georgia, after the BCS was no longer a possibility, would prefer to get in the Capital One Bowl, rather than the Cotton. A trip to Dallas, the first in nearly 30 years, to play a Big 12 team seemed a better consolation prize than another Florida bowl against a Big Ten team. But there's one result of Georgia going to the Capital One: Mark Richt, Todd Grantham and assistant coaches make a little more money. Richt gets $100,000 for making the Capital One Bowl, then it goes down to $75,000 for making the Outback, Cotton or Chick-fil-A. (And it goes down to $50,000 for the Music, Liberty or Independence.)

For Georgia coaches, Capital One pays out-macon.com

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Former Alabama and New York Jets legend Joe Namath says he would go with Mark Sanchez over Greg McElroy for Sunday's game at Jacksonville. McElroy replaced Sanchez in the previous game and led the Jets to a 7-6 win over Arizona. "We've all had ugly games," Namath said this morning on the Colin Cowherd ESPN radio show. However, Namath added that he would let Sanchez "play his way out of the position." He still is not a huge believer in Sanchez and but is a big fan of McElroy's.

Joe Namath: I would start Sanchez for the Jets-Daily Bama Blog

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Poll: Who made the best coaching hire-SEC BLOG ESPN

I voted Stoops, he'll make a bigger impact, than Beleema, IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Greg McElroyPosition: Quarterback
    College: Alabama
    Hometown: Southlake, Tex.
    NFL Team: New York Jets
    Here's the scoop: The Jets signed Tim Tebow in the off-season as backup to Mark Sanchez, a move that caused ripples in the NFL and a downright obsession for ESPN. But when it came time to bench Sanchez last week, the Jets went with a quarterback who was also Alabama's second choice after it failed to recruit Tebow.

State of Alabama in the NFL: New York Jets' Greg McElroy-al.com
    Alabama Pro Updates ‏@BamaProUpdates
    Mark Anderson (knee) is still out for Buffalo.
    Dre Kirkpatrick (concussion) has been ruled out of this weekend's game vs Cowboys.
    Charlie Peprah (foot) also ruled out of the Cowboys / Bengals game.
    Bengals' o-line driving their success http://cbsprt.co/123WK6J (via@cbssports) includes photo of Andre Smith blowing up Takeo Spikes
    Pete Prisco: Andre Smith Playing At A Pro Bowl Level http://sbn.to/QNAk7h (via @CincyJungle)
    Last edited by kyallie; December 7th, 2012 at 03:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Big A Re: Latest Bama News 12/7 thru 12/9/2012

Nick Saban and the Alabama coaching staff have plenty of time to devote to recruiting this weekend as they welcome in a sizable group of official visitors to campus
    Alabama hosting several elite recruits for official visits this weekend-al.com

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Nick and Terry Saban dedicated a new playground built through a partnership between their Nick's Kids Fund, the city and local groups at Tuscaloosa's Riverwalk Friday morning.
    Nick and Terry Saban dedicate Tuscaloosa Riverwalk playground built through Nick's Kids Fund partnership (video, photos)-al.com

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

The Alabama-Georgia thriller in the SEC championship game last week has been nominated for the United States Sports Academy's College Football Game of the Year honor.
    Alabama-Georgia showdown in running for U.S. Sports Academy's Game of the Year (poll)-al.com

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Though he entered the season as Alabama's fifth-string running back, Drake finished third on the team with 273 yards and five touchdowns.
    Freshman year allowed Alabama running back Kenyan Drake to improve on and off the field-al.com

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com