Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team tusks_n_raider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Heisman projection

Is it just me or is Manti Te'o VASTLY overrated when it comes to the post season awards and Heisman Consideration?? Just look at a quick comparison between his stats this year and Rolando McClain's 2009 stats....

Manti Te'o - 103 Tackles 5.5 TFL 1.5 Sacks 7 Ints 0FF

Ro McClain - 105 Tackles 14.5 TFL 4.0 Sacks 2 Ints 1FF

Okay Rolando had more Tackles, Waaay more Tackles for loss, More Sacks, and More Forced Fumbles....the ONLY area Te'o leads is INT's by 5...

So...where was all the Hoopla for McClain?? Yeah he won the Butkus and Lambert awards in '09 but Manti is winning virtually EVERY defensive award possible....it's freaking ridiculous...

Yeah the kid is good and led ND to 12-0....but um...Wasn't McClain the 'Heart' of the '09 Defense and also led them to 13-0 (with some help from Ingy )

Manti is waaayyy overhyped
    Last edited by tusks_n_raider; December 7th, 2012 at 01:12 PM.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American Al A Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by tusks_n_raider View Post
    Is it just me or is Manti Te'o VASTLY overrated when it comes to the post season awards and Heisman Consideration?? Just look at a quick comparison between his stats this year and Rolando McClain's 2009 stats....

Manti Te'o - 103 Tackles 5.5 TFL 1.5 Sacks 7 Ints 0FF

Ro McClain - 105 Tackles 14.5 TFL 4.0 Sacks 2 Ints 1FF

Okay Rolando had more Tackles, Waaay more Tackles for loss, More Sacks, and More Forced Fumbles....the ONLY area Te'o leads is INT's by 5...

So...where was all the Hoopla for McClain?? Yeah he won the Butkus and Lambert awards in '09 but Manti is winning virtually EVERY defensive award possible....it's freaking ridiculous...
    McClain didn't play for the school with mystique or the media darling, i.e. Noter Dumb.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

BamaNation All-SEC tidefanbeezer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

It will be a crime if Johnny Football doesn't win.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

In a surprise, MT wins. And he deserves it. Though AJ, Lacy deserve it more but they're not going to be in NYC, so I have to go with MT. Honestly, Klein deserves it over JM. For QB's, wins mean the most.
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Yeehaw on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tide1986 View Post
    We gift wrapped the award for him -- if Bama had beaten aTm, he'd be an afterthought in my opinion.
    On top of that A.J. would possibly have been given an invite.

BamaNation First Team crmsntd91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Manti Te'o is not even the best LB in the country. Jarvis Jones is. So if wins don't matter for anyone but the QB, the Heisman should go to Jones or Clowney. I can seriously name 10 players in the country I would rather have over Te'o on my team. You plug CJ Mosely into Te'os role on ND, they are just as good, if not better than what they are now. MLB just do not change a teams game plan. Jarvis Jones is a game plan changer, Clowney is a game plan changer, Dee Milliner is a game plan changer. Te'o is just a hey if they tip the ball he might catch it player. He makes tackles, but not enough for the hype he has received.

Luke Kuechly had 191 tackles his senior year, 3 INTs, and a TD, didn't go to NYC for the Heisman. Explain what Te'o has done that is special other than be a good leader for ND?

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    In a surprise, MT wins. And he deserves it. Though AJ, Lacy deserve it more but they're not going to be in NYC, so I have to go with MT. Honestly, Klein deserves it over JM. For QB's, wins mean the most.
    "We have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate."

BamaNation Second Team FriendlyIrish's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Charles Woodson
    - 42 tackles (4 for losses)
    - 1 sack
    - 8 INT's
    - 11 REC/283 Yds/2 TD's
    - 3 Rush/15 YDS/ 1 TD
    - 11-0 Team Record

Manti Teo
    - 103 Tackles (5.5 for losses)
    - 1.5 Sacks
    - 7 INT's
    - 2 Fumble Recoveries, 2 Forced Fumbles
    - 12-0 Team Record, number one scoring defense

Other things to note:

Manti had at least 3 hurries on a QB that actually resulted in interceptions.
    Our defense has been on the field almost less than any other team in the nation (can't find the stat but it does exist).
    On the night his grandmother and girlfriend died on the same day, he had 11 tackles, 1 sack, and a recovered fumble at MSU.
    On the night his grandmother and girlfriend were buried, he had 10 tackles, .5 sack, one cause fumble and two interceptions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crmsntd91 View Post
    Manti Te'o is not even the best LB in the country. Jarvis Jones is. So if wins don't matter for anyone but the QB, the Heisman should go to Jones or Clowney. I can seriously name 10 players in the country I would rather have over Te'o on my team. You plug CJ Mosely into Te'os role on ND, they are just as good, if not better than what they are now. MLB just do not change a teams game plan. Jarvis Jones is a game plan changer, Clowney is a game plan changer, Dee Milliner is a game plan changer. Te'o is just a hey if they tip the ball he might catch it player. He makes tackles, but not enough for the hype he has received.

Luke Kuechly had 191 tackles his senior year, 3 INTs, and a TD, didn't go to NYC for the Heisman. Explain what Te'o has done that is special other than be a good leader for ND?
    Then why did Kiffin, Shaw, Hoke AND Stoops say Te'o was the only defensive guy all year that they specifically schemed around?!? Are they lying? Why did they say they specifically isolated him, put an extra blocker on him, and made checks at the line for a play AWAY from him every time?

I'm not saying Jones or Clowney aren't amazing. Clowney will be better in the NFL. But 7 picks is absurd.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood

Not trying to be rude or anything of that sort, because it is a tragedy. But the bottom of your post is more of the reason for the hype than the top.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyIrish View Post
    Charles Woodson
    - 1 sack
    - 8 INT's
    - 11 REC/283 Yds/2 TD's
    - 3 Rush/15 YDS/ 1 TD
    - 11-0 Team Record

Manti Teo
    - 1.5 Sacks
    - 7 INT's

Other things to note:

Our defense has been on the field almost less than any other team in the nation (can't find the stat but it does exist).
    On the night his grandmother and girlfriend died on the same day, he had 11 tackles, 1 sack, and a recovered fumble at MSU.
    On the night his grandmother and girlfriend were buried, he had 10 tackles, .5 sack, one cause fumble and two interceptions.
    "We have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate."

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood

When a person from the media ask you about a talented player what is the coach supposed to say? Nah, we didn't gameplan for him, he sucks big time. NO. I didn't say you don't make note of him on the field, but he doesn't alter your style of play. Jarvis Jones and Clowney do. We had an extra blocker on Jarvis every single play. People have to do the same with Clowney. Te'o just doesn't demand that respect, sorry.

Then why did Kiffin, Shaw, Hoke AND Stoops say Te'o was the only defensive guy all year that they specifically schemed around?!? Are they lying? Why did they say they specifically isolated him, put an extra blocker on him, and made checks at the line for a play AWAY from him every time?

I'm not saying Jones or Clowney aren't amazing. Clowney will be better in the NFL. But 7 picks is absurd.

Post Thanks / Like

Not trying to be rude or anything of that sort, because it is a tragedy. But the bottom of your post is more of the reason for the hype than the top.
    Charles Woodson
    - 1 sack
    - 8 INT's
    - 11 REC/283 Yds/2 TD's
    - 3 Rush/15 YDS/ 1 TD
    - 11-0 Team Record

Manti Teo
    - 1.5 Sacks
    - 7 INT's

Other things to note:

Fixed it for you

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood

Haha nice!

I didn't think that Charles Woodson deserved it that year either. I thought both Ricky Williams and Peyton Manning were better players than Charles Woodson.

To fix your stats though, Charles Woodson did have a punt return for a TD that season as well.

Fixed it for you

Post Thanks / Like

Haha nice!

I didn't think that Charles Woodson deserved it that year either. I thought both Ricky Williams and Peyton Manning were better players than Charles Woodson.

To fix your stats though, Charles Woodson did have a punt return for a TD that season as well.
    LOL, well if you say you don't think Charles Woodson should have won that defeats my argument!!! Dam you!