Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Re: Heisman projection

To above poster, Trent was sick and easily could have one IMO.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crmsntd91 View Post
    Trent should have won it last year. Best player not even close. Put Trent in the Big #? or PAC 12 and he may have ran for over 2000 yards and 30 TDs. We were blowing people out so he did what he did in 3 qtrs of basically every game outside of the LSU game. RGIII was getting into offensive shootouts and getting to bolster those numbers.
    Trent is one of the best RB's to ever pass through Tuscaloosa, but I can't agree with you on this statement. I could make arguments for Trent too. He was deserving of the trophy and I wanted him to win, but RGIII winning the Heisman wasn't some robbery like Charles Woodson over Peyton Manning.

Last year was like this year. If Manziel wins, I would agree with it, and if Klein wins I would agree with it. There's no clear cut winner. Arguments can be made for both.
    Last edited by RedStar; December 7th, 2012 at 02:36 PM.
    Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice? Congratulations, you'd probably make a pretty good con-man.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStar View Post
    Trent is one of the best RB's to ever pass through Tuscaloosa, but I can't agree with you on this statement. I could make arguments for Trent too. He was deserving of the trophy and I wanted him to win, but RGIII winning the Heisman wasn't some robbery like Charles Woodson over Peyton Manning.

Last year was like this year. If Manziel wins, I would agree with it, and if Klein wins I would agree with it. There's no clear cut winner. Arguments can be made for both.
    Was last year Trent's best year?

Good points, but the only person I think that would want to prove a point is maybe Charles Woodson, the rest are just a bunch of offensive dingleberries. Other than Mark Ingram who is a bright young man who will vote Barrett Jones or Chance Warmack.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyIrish View Post
    I agree with you. The only reason he is going to New York is because our team is undefeated ... Maybe Notre Dame has something to do with that, I'm not sure. But the team is undefeated, and we aren't undefeated if he isn't the player he is. If he played at BYU, I agree, he wouldn't get this attention.

You can say that being the most important on the best team isn't the definition of the Heisman. That is fine. I'm not sure if the debate is between JF and Manti, or Manti vs. the world. The heisman definitely is biased towards teams that are in the NC mix. But I could also argue the heisman has turned into the best "second half quarterback of the year," which perpetuates the fallacy of the heisman and actually argues in favor of picking a person like Manti.

We are arguing about over-hype relative to the heisman, but basing it off of past years of who has won and the stats they had, while at the same time arguing the heisman has moved in the wrong direction. It doesn't make sense. What if the heisman voters want to make a statement? What if they want to say that, well, defensive players have a shot also? If they are, they are not going to start with a defensive player on a 2-loss team. They will start with the defensive player on one of the top defensive unit in college football, coupled with that team being #1 in the nation.
    "We have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate."

Without a doubt, the best year by a RB in Alabama history.
    "We have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate."

Quote Originally Posted by crmsntd91 View Post
    Good points, but the only person I think that would want to prove a point is maybe Charles Woodson, the rest are just a bunch of offensive dingleberries. Other than Mark Ingram who is a bright young man who will vote Barrett Jones or Chance Warmack.
    I would actually like to see Mark's ballot. That would be interesting.

I'm just saying, it isn't Manti's fault the talent this year blows in comparison to previous years. We keep bringing up past year's stats, but it isn't possible to bring up stats this year and say "wow, this Manti kid really doesn't deserve to be there. Look at this guy's stats". No one stands out.

BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Yup, he's the only RB in SEC history to rush for 20 or more TD's in a season. Trent was more than deserving, but so was RGIII. If we take care of business and make a few FG's against LSU the first go around, Trent takes the trophy home.
    Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice? Congratulations, you'd probably make a pretty good con-man.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RedStar View Post
    He was deserving of the trophy and I wanted him to win, but RGIII winning the Heisman wasn't some robbery like Charles Woodson over Peyton Manning.
    Or Jason White over Eli. BTW Jason White announced he voted for Landry Jones #3. Homer vote, anyone?

Simple why Teo is in the discussion. Easy headlines from: "Teo Shines on Same Day Girlfriend and Grandmother Dies" to "Teo Shines Again, This Time on Day Girlfriend and Grandmother are Buried" to "Teo Leads Resurgence of Once Great Football Power Notre Dame Back to Championship Game"
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tide1986 View Post
    We gift wrapped the award for him -- if Bama had beaten aTm, he'd be an afterthought in my opinion.
    And AJ would be in the running because that would have been his second come from behind drive in two games against ranked opponets. Add the SECCG and AJ would win. None of that happened and JFF is the clear leader and should win it.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Actually the better analogy is that if AJ throws a TD at the end instead of a TD...then Manziel loses the Heisman. My point was that Te'O wins all the awards because the Pitt Kicker went wide-right.....

If Johnny Football fumbles that ball instead of throwing the touchdown, Collin Klein probably wins the heisman.
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

If Ndamukong Suh had played for Notre Dame, he would have won it.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

If i had a vote, he'd get mine.

RTR
    15 National Championships
    They've got a name for the winners of the world, and i want a name when i lose, They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blue.( Steely Dan 1978 )

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Hahaha this thread is basically a "if he played for ND, he would have won it".

FriendlyIrish, I don't think any of us are saying he isn't a really good player, I think actually think he is a great player. I am just simply stating that the ONLY reason he is getting this hype is the INTS and his TEAM, not just ND, being in the NCG.