Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Heisman projection

Quote Originally Posted by crmsntd91 View Post
    Hahaha this thread is basically a "if he played for ND, he would have won it".

FriendlyIrish, I don't think any of us are saying he isn't a really good player, I think actually think he is a great player. I am just simply stating that the ONLY reason he is getting this hype is the INTS and his TEAM, not just ND, being in the NCG.
    And I'll say this too, between Tejas in 2009 and LSU in 2011, ND fans so far have been a much more rational and reasonable fanbase. You actually seem to have a couple of coherent thoughts rattling around in your head.
    Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice? Congratulations, you'd probably make a pretty good con-man.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

I always wonder why fans from other teams come here --

Is it because their fan sites are filled with morons?
    Is it because they crave conversations with knowledgeable fans?
    Is it because they are trolling for trouble?

I never visit other sites -- simply because I don't want to have to deal with those whose views are different than mine....

But, I am just thinking out loud
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

BamaNation First Team crmsntd91's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I like Friendly. I like anyone that can come and argue sports, without actually arguing. Differing opinions or not, I enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post

I never visit other sites -- simply because I don't want to have to deal with those whose views are different than mine....

"We have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate."

BamaNation First Team Rolltide_PA's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by cbi1972 View Post
    If Ndamukong Suh had played for Notre Dame, he would have won it.
    as much of an Ingram fan as I am there's no doubt in my mind Suh was the best player in college football that year. In the past 40 years there are 2 defensive players that should have won it...Hugh Green in 1980 (finished 2nd) and Suh in 2009. Obviously Thomas had the most ridiculous statistical season I've ever seen by a defensive player but you still had to vote Barry Sanders in '88 with over 3000 rushing/receiving/return yards. That being said he NEVER should have finished 10th in the voting

BamaNation First Team crmsntd91's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Derrick Thomas bro....Derrick Thomas....

Edit: Sorry I overreacted and didn't read your full post

Quote Originally Posted by Rolltide_PA View Post
    as much of an Ingram fan as I am there's no doubt in my mind Suh was the best player in college football that year. In the past 40 years there are 2 defensive players that should have won it...Hugh Green in 1980 (finished 2nd) and Suh in 2009. Obviously Thomas had the most ridiculous statistical season I've ever seen by a defensive player but you still had to vote Barry Sanders in '88 with over 3000 rushing/receiving/return yards. That being said he NEVER should have finished 10th in the voting
    "We have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate."

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

You've run him off from the NS Board in advance.
    The Concord Blue Devils, 16-Time World Champions: 2014 (99.65), 2012, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2003, 1999, 1997, 1996, 1994, 1986, 1982, 1980, 1979, 1977, & 1976. Enriching the lives of young people through a commitment to youth development and performance excellence.

“The discovery of a wine is of greater moment than the discovery of a constellation. The universe is too full of stars.” ― Benjamin Franklin

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

A high school classmate posted this in response to someone saying Teo deserved the Heisman...

If Derrick Thomas finished 10th in 1988 then no defensive player should ever be considered for the heisman. 88 solo tackles (assisted tackles werent counted in 88, Te'o has 37 solo) 12 tackles for loss, 1 forced fumble, 2 fumble recoveries, 2 blocked kicks, 1 safety, 4 pass break ups, 44 qb hurries and the big one...27 sacks.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Each probably has his/her own reasons. As for me, I have Alabama roots and this is the best Alabama board that I could find to help me stay connected to those roots.

BamaNation All-American BAMA1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    I thought Klein should win it, but he had one really bad game late in the year so voters completely forget what he did in the other games. Just like voters forgot what Manziel did against LSU and Florida.
    They didn't forget. They talk about it constantly. Manziel's numbers were better than Klein's against a schedule with statistically better defenses. BTW, it was one below average half in each game. It's not like he played poorly for two entire games.

BamaNation Scout Team

Quote Originally Posted by BAMA1979 View Post
    They didn't forget. They talk about it constantly. Manziel's numbers were better than Klein's against a schedule with statistically better defenses. BTW, it was one below average half in each game. It's not like he played poorly for two entire games.
    Manziel hands down put up the best QB performance this season, any argument there is simply ludicrous and looking through tinted glasses. Klein played in the Big dumpster fire and still couldn't sniff Manziel's numbers. Which leads me to my next point, the best argument for best player on the offensive side of the ball is against a single guy, Colin Klien, and even that's a stretch... yet when you compare Manti to top players on the defensive side, you could rattle off 5 or 6 names of guys that have done more on the field without even breaking a sweat... that in and of itself should tell you he's a product of hype and circumstance and is undeserving of the award.

BamaNation All-SEC Snuffy Smith's Avatar

Heisman projection

Actually the better analogy is that if AJ throws a TD at the end instead of a TD...then Manziel loses the Heisman. My point was that Te'O wins all the awards because the Pitt Kicker went wide-right.....
    Other than the fact that he plays for ND the whole Te'O thing has me puzzled. He isn't even the best linebacker in CFB IMO, Jarvis Jones is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BamaNation Second Team FriendlyIrish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tide1986 View Post
    You've run him off from the NS Board in advance.
    Ha, no one is getting run off. Exam time, gotta balance my incessant need to talk CFB w/ making the grades. Plus, it is nice to get some differing perspective once in awhile. Did I think I would be interested in coming to an Alabama board to talk scheme/football at the beginning of the year? No way! I see it as a good thing for ND football in general.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyIrish View Post
    Ha, no one is getting run off. Exam time, gotta balance my incessant need to talk CFB w/ making the grades. Plus, it is nice to get some differing perspective once in awhile. Did I think I would be interested in coming to an Alabama board to talk scheme/football at the beginning of the year? No way! I see it as a good thing for ND football in general.
    On the NS board, we have fewer rules --

86 was jabbin' at me about how I react to Libs over there.... lol
    RTR!
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!