Heisman projection

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Again everyone should look at Rolando McClain's 2009 stats compared to Manti Te'o 's 2012 Stats....'Ro' bests him everywhere except INT's where Te'o has the advantage 7-2.

McClain was every bit the heart and soul of THAT defense as much as Manti is the heart and soul of ND's defense.

McClain didn't even get a sniff of an invite but Manti actually has a chance to WIN it not to mention winning virtually ALL the other defensive and POY awards....Give me a freaking break. The guy is good....real good even....but massively overhyped because he's on ND and is really the only player with 'Star Power'.

Johnny Football *should* run away with it. He broke Tebow and Cam's records (Both Heisman winners)...and did it as a FRESHMAN in the most dominant defensive conference in the country....I mean think about that. Why it's even a debate is beyond me??

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I always wonder why fans from other teams come here --

Is it because their fan sites are filled with morons?
Is it because they crave conversations with knowledgeable fans?
Is it because they are trolling for trouble?

I never visit other sites -- simply because I don't want to have to deal with those whose views are different than mine....

But, I am just thinking out loud
Many of those other sites are filled with profanity. This site doesn't tolerate that and I am happy it has high expectations of posters just like our head coach has high expectations of our coaches and players.:biggrin:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Each probably has his/her own reasons. As for me, I have Alabama roots and this is the best Alabama board that I could find to help me stay connected to those roots.
One positive about this site is that it is easy to post what you want to communicate with other Bama fans as well as just to communicate. Compare TexasAgs and TigerDroppings to this site. Really, no comparison at all.

I used to keep up with Bama football by reading TideSports when you could do that without paying so that I could read the best Bama sports reporter since Benny Marshall. Now it's just TideFans.com.

Keep up the good work guys.

harleyspoon

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 12, 2012
Many of those other sites are filled with profanity. This site doesn't tolerate that and I am happy it has high expectations of posters just like our head coach has high expectations of our coaches and players.:biggrin:
One thing to keep in mind when you go to TexAgs is that there are numerous forums just for football:

"Aggie Football"....this is where most of the students, recent students, and "t shirt fans" hang out and it is nicknamed "the zoo." It can be pretty worthless, but it's free and can be entertaining and informative if you take the time to sift through much of what is posted there.

"TexAgs Premium"....where most of the older graduates hang out and there is respectful decorum with almost zero name calling or silly arguing.

"Former Rivals".......this is worse than the zoo and where all discussion of Big 12 football is meant to take place. Smack is encouraged and can get pretty ugly.

"SEC Country".....is meant to encourage SEC rivals discussions in a more intelligent environment because the zoo can be daunting.

"Aggies Only".....this is where everyone tailgates and can be assured of posts not getting out into a more public arena. Graduation is verified by the University before getting an "Ag tag" and being allowed to post there. Very polite place and can be helpful.

Of course there are about 30 other forums from outdoors to cooking to love. While there have been as many as 30,000 on Texags at one time, there are usually between 5,000 and 12,000 at any given time. So...all of this is just to say that if anyone wanders over there and just visits "Aggie Football" then you are in "the zoo" where it is much wilder than just about anything else you will see..other than the "old rivals."

By the way...I like to visit other fan message boards because I like to try more than one flavor of koolaid. I find the intelligence and decorum of this place way above the average of what I have seen elsewhere in the Big Bevo and the SEC. Thanks again for welcoming us so warmly into the SEC. BTHO Notre Dame!

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Another Heisman Trophy to the SEC! Even though the guy beat us on our home field, I'm happy for Johnny.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Congrats to Johnny!

We don't have to hear the announcers in the BCSCG going on about the Heisman going to a ND player.

Three great players.

Craxycat

All-SEC
Apr 24, 2009
Haha! Johnny Football Heisman winner! Glad the one who won it actually deserved it in the end (not that they all probably didn't deserve something). He really will be a thorn in our side for years to come lol.

Good job, and welcome to the SEC!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.