Heisman projection

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005
We gift wrapped the award for him -- if Bama had beaten aTm, he'd be an afterthought in my opinion.
And AJ would be in the running because that would have been his second come from behind drive in two games against ranked opponets. Add the SECCG and AJ would win. None of that happened and JFF is the clear leader and should win it.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Actually the better analogy is that if AJ throws a TD at the end instead of a TD...then Manziel loses the Heisman. My point was that Te'O wins all the awards because the Pitt Kicker went wide-right.....

If Johnny Football fumbles that ball instead of throwing the touchdown, Collin Klein probably wins the heisman.

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
Hahaha this thread is basically a "if he played for ND, he would have won it".

FriendlyIrish, I don't think any of us are saying he isn't a really good player, I think actually think he is a great player. I am just simply stating that the ONLY reason he is getting this hype is the INTS and his TEAM, not just ND, being in the NCG.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Hahaha this thread is basically a "if he played for ND, he would have won it".

FriendlyIrish, I don't think any of us are saying he isn't a really good player, I think actually think he is a great player. I am just simply stating that the ONLY reason he is getting this hype is the INTS and his TEAM, not just ND, being in the NCG.
And I'll say this too, between Tejas in 2009 and LSU in 2011, ND fans so far have been a much more rational and reasonable fanbase. You actually seem to have a couple of coherent thoughts rattling around in your head. ;)

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I always wonder why fans from other teams come here --

Is it because their fan sites are filled with morons?
Is it because they crave conversations with knowledgeable fans?
Is it because they are trolling for trouble?

I never visit other sites -- simply because I don't want to have to deal with those whose views are different than mine....

But, I am just thinking out loud

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
I like Friendly. I like anyone that can come and argue sports, without actually arguing. Differing opinions or not, I enjoy it.

I never visit other sites -- simply because I don't want to have to deal with those whose views are different than mine....

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
If Ndamukong Suh had played for Notre Dame, he would have won it.
as much of an Ingram fan as I am there's no doubt in my mind Suh was the best player in college football that year. In the past 40 years there are 2 defensive players that should have won it...Hugh Green in 1980 (finished 2nd) and Suh in 2009. Obviously Thomas had the most ridiculous statistical season I've ever seen by a defensive player but you still had to vote Barry Sanders in '88 with over 3000 rushing/receiving/return yards. That being said he NEVER should have finished 10th in the voting :(

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
Derrick Thomas bro....Derrick Thomas....

Edit: Sorry I overreacted and didn't read your full post :smile:

as much of an Ingram fan as I am there's no doubt in my mind Suh was the best player in college football that year. In the past 40 years there are 2 defensive players that should have won it...Hugh Green in 1980 (finished 2nd) and Suh in 2009. Obviously Thomas had the most ridiculous statistical season I've ever seen by a defensive player but you still had to vote Barry Sanders in '88 with over 3000 rushing/receiving/return yards. That being said he NEVER should have finished 10th in the voting :(

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

You've run him off from the NS Board in advance. :)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
A high school classmate posted this in response to someone saying Teo deserved the Heisman...

If Derrick Thomas finished 10th in 1988 then no defensive player should ever be considered for the heisman. 88 solo tackles (assisted tackles werent counted in 88, Te'o has 37 solo) 12 tackles for loss, 1 forced fumble, 2 fumble recoveries, 2 blocked kicks, 1 safety, 4 pass break ups, 44 qb hurries and the big one...27 sacks.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Each probably has his/her own reasons. As for me, I have Alabama roots and this is the best Alabama board that I could find to help me stay connected to those roots.

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile
I thought Klein should win it, but he had one really bad game late in the year so voters completely forget what he did in the other games. Just like voters forgot what Manziel did against LSU and Florida.
They didn't forget. They talk about it constantly. Manziel's numbers were better than Klein's against a schedule with statistically better defenses. BTW, it was one below average half in each game. It's not like he played poorly for two entire games.

zom

Dec 7, 2012
They didn't forget. They talk about it constantly. Manziel's numbers were better than Klein's against a schedule with statistically better defenses. BTW, it was one below average half in each game. It's not like he played poorly for two entire games.
Manziel hands down put up the best QB performance this season, any argument there is simply ludicrous and looking through tinted glasses. Klein played in the Big dumpster fire and still couldn't sniff Manziel's numbers. Which leads me to my next point, the best argument for best player on the offensive side of the ball is against a single guy, Colin Klien, and even that's a stretch... yet when you compare Manti to top players on the defensive side, you could rattle off 5 or 6 names of guys that have done more on the field without even breaking a sweat... that in and of itself should tell you he's a product of hype and circumstance and is undeserving of the award.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Actually the better analogy is that if AJ throws a TD at the end instead of a TD...then Manziel loses the Heisman. My point was that Te'O wins all the awards because the Pitt Kicker went wide-right.....
Other than the fact that he plays for ND the whole Te'O thing has me puzzled. He isn't even the best linebacker in CFB IMO, Jarvis Jones is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FriendlyIrish

3rd Team
Nov 22, 2012
You've run him off from the NS Board in advance. :)
Ha, no one is getting run off. Exam time, gotta balance my incessant need to talk CFB w/ making the grades. Plus, it is nice to get some differing perspective once in awhile. Did I think I would be interested in coming to an Alabama board to talk scheme/football at the beginning of the year? No way! I see it as a good thing for ND football in general.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Ha, no one is getting run off. Exam time, gotta balance my incessant need to talk CFB w/ making the grades. Plus, it is nice to get some differing perspective once in awhile. Did I think I would be interested in coming to an Alabama board to talk scheme/football at the beginning of the year? No way! I see it as a good thing for ND football in general.
On the NS board, we have fewer rules -- ;)

86 was jabbin' at me about how I react to Libs over there.... lol
RTR!

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
If Manziel loses to Teo because of the sea of ND love engulfing the sports media this year, he will probably win it next year.

My thoughts about Manziel are the same as I had about Tebow - he's a fine football player and a nice young man, but we will be glad when he quits being a thorn in our side and goes to the NFL.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.