Heisman projection

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
these guys have hit 10 straight in the Heisman as they get actual votes and then project from there. here's their final projection for tomorrow...Manziel in a landslide
http://www.stiffarmtrophy.com/

Our final projection

Last updated: 12/7/2012 6:00 a.m. Pacific. 180 ballots, 473 votes.
namefirstsecondthirdballotspointsProjectedProj%
J Manziel1053221158400224980.8%
M Te'o496815132298161357.9%
C Klein10337011316693333.5%
[HR][/HR][HR][/HR]
M Lee411419281696.1%
B Miller141318241234.4%

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
He should win it - the only reason he wouldn't would be due to his age.

No one had a 'blow the doors off' year this year, but he was the closest thing to it, imo.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I thought Klein should win it, but he had one really bad game late in the year so voters completely forget what he did in the other games. Just like voters forgot what Manziel did against LSU and Florida.

BamaEyeDoc

Scout Team
Oct 6, 2006
I believe Manziel probably deserves the Heisman this year. However, the reason most people are stating he deserves it is because "he beat Alabama." If we score a touchdown on our last possession instead of throwing a pick, that doesn't change anything that Johnny Football did during the game, but I am sure that would dramatically change his chances at winning the Heisman this year. Not saying it is right or wrong.

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA
Maybe I'm crazy, but I just don't see the love fest for Te'o. Yes, he's an excellent defensive player for ND, but honestly I doubt he would have been a starter for us on last year's defense. His stats don't bear out the hype.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
For this guy to come in as a RS freshman and break Cam Newton's record for total offense is simply amazing. JM deserves the Heisman.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
When bobbled the ball and had the poise to regain possession and throw a TD pass told me everything...Manziel for Heisman.

BillDee

3rd Team
Sep 7, 2010
Athens, GA
www.BillDunston.com
Maybe I'm crazy, but I just don't see the love fest for Te'o. Yes, he's an excellent defensive player for ND, but honestly I doubt he would have been a starter for us on last year's defense. His stats don't bear out the hype.
I was half listening to one of the many college football shows on TV the other day, and a commentator said something like "Teo has the best story this year" in talking about the Heisman. I think that's basically it. Teo had some personal tragedy, has played well, and is at Notre Dame. A perfect storm for a great story and everyone in the sports media is buying into it.

I would really want to like the young man and pull for him, but I'm sick of all the hype.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Is it just me or is Manti Te'o VASTLY overrated when it comes to the post season awards and Heisman Consideration?? Just look at a quick comparison between his stats this year and Rolando McClain's 2009 stats....

Manti Te'o - 103 Tackles 5.5 TFL 1.5 Sacks 7 Ints 0FF

Ro McClain - 105 Tackles 14.5 TFL 4.0 Sacks 2 Ints 1FF

Okay Rolando had more Tackles, Waaay more Tackles for loss, More Sacks, and More Forced Fumbles....the ONLY area Te'o leads is INT's by 5...

So...where was all the Hoopla for McClain?? Yeah he won the Butkus and Lambert awards in '09 but Manti is winning virtually EVERY defensive award possible....it's freaking ridiculous...

Yeah the kid is good and led ND to 12-0....but um...Wasn't McClain the 'Heart' of the '09 Defense and also led them to 13-0 (with some help from Ingy ;))

Manti is waaayyy overhyped

Last edited:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Is it just me or is Manti Te'o VASTLY overrated when it comes to the post season awards and Heisman Consideration?? Just look at a quick comparison between his stats this year and Rolando McClain's 2009 stats....

Manti Te'o - 103 Tackles 5.5 TFL 1.5 Sacks 7 Ints 0FF

Ro McClain - 105 Tackles 14.5 TFL 4.0 Sacks 2 Ints 1FF

Okay Rolando had more Tackles, Waaay more Tackles for loss, More Sacks, and More Forced Fumbles....the ONLY area Te'o leads is INT's by 5...

So...where was all the Hoopla for McClain?? Yeah he won the Butkus and Lambert awards in '09 but Manti is winning virtually EVERY defensive award possible....it's freaking ridiculous...
McClain didn't play for the school with mystique or the media darling, i.e. Noter Dumb.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
In a surprise, MT wins. And he deserves it. Though AJ, Lacy deserve it more but they're not going to be in NYC, so I have to go with MT. Honestly, Klein deserves it over JM. For QB's, wins mean the most.

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
Manti Te'o is not even the best LB in the country. Jarvis Jones is. So if wins don't matter for anyone but the QB, the Heisman should go to Jones or Clowney. I can seriously name 10 players in the country I would rather have over Te'o on my team. You plug CJ Mosely into Te'os role on ND, they are just as good, if not better than what they are now. MLB just do not change a teams game plan. Jarvis Jones is a game plan changer, Clowney is a game plan changer, Dee Milliner is a game plan changer. Te'o is just a hey if they tip the ball he might catch it player. He makes tackles, but not enough for the hype he has received.

Luke Kuechly had 191 tackles his senior year, 3 INTs, and a TD, didn't go to NYC for the Heisman. Explain what Te'o has done that is special other than be a good leader for ND?

In a surprise, MT wins. And he deserves it. Though AJ, Lacy deserve it more but they're not going to be in NYC, so I have to go with MT. Honestly, Klein deserves it over JM. For QB's, wins mean the most.

FriendlyIrish

3rd Team
Nov 22, 2012
Charles Woodson
- 42 tackles (4 for losses)
- 1 sack
- 8 INT's
- 11 REC/283 Yds/2 TD's
- 3 Rush/15 YDS/ 1 TD
- 11-0 Team Record

Manti Teo
- 103 Tackles (5.5 for losses)
- 1.5 Sacks
- 7 INT's
- 2 Fumble Recoveries, 2 Forced Fumbles
- 12-0 Team Record, number one scoring defense

Other things to note:

Manti had at least 3 hurries on a QB that actually resulted in interceptions.
Our defense has been on the field almost less than any other team in the nation (can't find the stat but it does exist).
On the night his grandmother and girlfriend died on the same day, he had 11 tackles, 1 sack, and a recovered fumble at MSU.
On the night his grandmother and girlfriend were buried, he had 10 tackles, .5 sack, one cause fumble and two interceptions.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.