Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Jay Tate reporting Trooper out at AU

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I read that too. Rocker is off his, well, Rocker, if he goes back there...
    Yeah I told an Auburn co-worker I didn't get why he would leave the NFL for the same position at Auburn. Hasn't he traveled from NFL to college and back numerous times?
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    Disappointing. Malzahn is sounding somewhat competent so far.
    it's all a show

the guys behind the curtain know that people have a clue so they do this and everyone says "wow they are really cleaning house". They aren't Gus is just a much of a puppet to them as Chiz was. A more competent Puppet? Sure, that's not hard to be. I'd also put money on them using this house cleaning as a NCAA deflection strategy.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    it's all a show

the guys behind the curtain know that people have a clue so they do this and everyone says "wow they are really cleaning house". They aren't Gus is just a much of a puppet to them as Chiz was. A more competent Puppet? Sure, that's not hard to be. I'd also put money on them using this house cleaning as a NCAA deflection strategy.
    That's a good point about the ncaa.

We'll see for sure, but I have a gut feeling that Malzahn will be more successful than many here are admit, assuming he's not reigned in by the Board and it's friends.

Now how he gets to be successful will be the rub, and for how long he is the coach will be anyone's guess. I do feel like he'll be the next Petrino in that Auburn will be a strong 3rd in the division, occasionally working into second place.
    The Golden Rule for internet postings:

If you don't have anything nice to say, then say it with class, say it eloquently, and for goodness sake use the English language like your English teacher tried so hard to teach you.

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Perhaps getting rid of the entire staff is a way to lessen what the NCAA has in store for them.. Maybe the boogs are throwing the NCAA a preverbial bone.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I wonder if he'll try to get D. Craig from (FSU?) to help with the recruiting?
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan K. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by mdb-tpet View Post
    We'll see for sure, but I have a gut feeling that Malzahn will be more successful than many here are admit, assuming he's not reigned in by the Board and it's friends.

Now how he gets to be successful will be the rub, and for how long he is the coach will be anyone's guess. I do feel like he'll be the next Petrino in that Auburn will be a strong 3rd in the division, occasionally working into second place.
    I actually agree with you. Gus does seem to be a better game day coach than Chiz, again that ain't hard. What is yet to be known is if he can recruit and develop players. I see gus making them competitive, a 7-8 win team that occasionally steals a big game or two. In other words he'll take them back to the Tubbervile days. Of course that means that the boosters and pupetmasters will have to resort to the same old aub tricks (assuming the ncaa doesn't hammer them on the current stuff) as what we know to be their rightful place won't be good enough for them.

Quote Originally Posted by TidefaninOS View Post
    I wonder if he'll try to get D. Craig from (FSU?) to help with the recruiting?
    Why? He could have kept TT and CL if he wanted to stay on that road.

Roll Tide
    S.N.A.S.S.
    -Richard Heaton-

Jay Tate reporting Trooper out at AU

A caller on JOX yesterday said Trooper was the glue holding the barn together, that they had to keep him.
    I guess their fans will be disappointed in this move.

Anybody with brains should realize you can't keep a fake thug like that around, it's a smart move getting rid of him.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by mdb-tpet View Post

You do realize success at both Bama and *U is defined by beating each other. Once Gus goes 0-3 or 0-4 against Bama/Saban he will be gone also and he won't be considered successful.

BamaNation All-American OreBama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TidefaninOS View Post
    I wonder if he'll try to get D. Craig from (MI6) to help with the recruiting?
    Getting Daniel Craig would be great for AU recruiting.
    Pronounced as or-e-bama not Obama.

Or Chris, if you prefer.

BamaNation All-American AlistarWills's Avatar
    My Mood
    Tired on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    I'm surprised. Impressed and surprised.

Hope this isn't the first step toward the thorough housecleaning that program so desperately needs....I kind of like the way it's been.
    Malzahn can't fire, Dye, Rane, or Lowder.
    I've read the end of The Book and I know who wins!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

[QUOTE=Leeroy;2059098]Why? He could have kept TT and CL if he wanted to stay on that road./QUOTE]

That was my point. It was posted that he wanted to keep TT, but was overruled. If that's
    the case, he could possibly bring in D. Craig - same kind of recruiter as TT, right?
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan K. Simpson