Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 80
  1. #27
    BamaNation All-SEC TidefaninOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ocean Springs, MS
    Posts
    1,787
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Jay Tate reporting Trooper out at AU

    Quote Originally Posted by TiderJ View Post
    You do realize success at both Bama and *U is defined by beating each other. Once Gus goes 0-3 or 0-4 against Bama/Saban he will be gone also and he won't be considered successful.
    Can't agree with this. Yes, it helps any Bama coach to beat *U, but I wouldn't say success is defined by that at Bama. (It does at *U, though).
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan K. Simpson

  2. Advertisement
  3. #28
    BamaNation Second Team FF4bama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    50

    Re: Jay Tate reporting Trooper out at AU

    Quote Originally Posted by AlistarWills View Post
    Malzahn can't fire, Dye, Rane, or Lowder.
    ^^^^
    THIS

  4. #29
    BamaNation All-American TiderJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Inverness, AL
    Posts
    3,448
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Jay Tate reporting Trooper out at AU

    Quote Originally Posted by TidefaninOS View Post
    Can't agree with this. Yes, it helps any Bama coach to beat *U, but I wouldn't say success is defined by that at Bama. (It does at *U, though).
    Bill Curry?

  5. #30
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Huntsville
    Posts
    1,995

    Re: Jay Tate reporting Trooper out at AU

    I wouldn't be surprised if Mahlzahn went after D. Craig at FSU. If Gus was over ruled on keeping TT, then it was to satisfy the NCAA. I would imagine Craig has a pretty good thing already at FSU with Jimbo.
    I'm sure he'll get a pretty nice severance settlement.

  6. #31
    BamaNation First Team crmsntd91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    471
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

    Re: Jay Tate reporting Trooper out at AU

    I disagree with this big time. I think Malzahn is a better coach than Chizik, but he is not on the same level as Bobby Petrino.

    We can say what we want about Bobby Petrino, but he could turn average joes into All-American QB's. Gus has to have an All-World player for his system to be sucessful. We have witnessed it already. Two 8-5 seasons without Cam, one of those seasons his offense was ranked 100th nationally. 8-5 is not going to get you 3rd in the SEC West, it will take 9-10 wins to place 3rd in the SEC West.

    Texas A&M is the new Arkansas, just with a higher ceiling. Auburn is the new Mississippi St, just with a higher ceiling.

    Quote Originally Posted by mdb-tpet View Post
    We'll see for sure, but I have a gut feeling that Malzahn will be more successful than many here are admit, assuming he's not reigned in by the Board and it's friends.

    Now how he gets to be successful will be the rub, and for how long he is the coach will be anyone's guess. I do feel like he'll be the next Petrino in that Auburn will be a strong 3rd in the division, occasionally working into second place.
    "We have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate."

  7. #32
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Posts
    7,433
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

    Re: Jay Tate reporting Trooper out at AU

    Not sure what all he has going with recruits but many will go elsewhere. I doubt they will follow him because he won't have the pockets setup.

  8. #33
    BamaNation All-American BamaDMD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Rainsville Al
    Posts
    3,793
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Jay Tate reporting Trooper out at AU

    Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    Not sure what all he has going with recruits but many will go elsewhere. I doubt they will follow him because he won't have the pockets setup.
    I just heard on the radio that the 5star RB from Georgia just decomitted because of Tooper getting canned.

  9. #34
    BamaNation All-SEC TidefaninOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ocean Springs, MS
    Posts
    1,787
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Jay Tate reporting Trooper out at AU

    Quote Originally Posted by TiderJ View Post
    Bill Curry?
    HA! Knew you were gonna say that. It's true that Curry never beat the Barn, but he had a couple of good seasons at Bama. (Didn't he win the SEC his last year?) The point I was trying to make is that *U could go 1-11 with a win against us, and call it a successful season. That's not the case w/Bama, IMO.
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan K. Simpson

  10. #35
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Posts
    7,433
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

    Re: Jay Tate reporting Trooper out at AU

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaDMD View Post
    I just heard on the radio that the 5star RB from Georgia just decomitted because of Tooper getting canned.
    Wonder if Foster will switch back, but he may be a lightening rod.

    Everywhere he goes recruiting picks up but no doubt he's dirty. But in a slimy kind of way, these coaches know he can get down to a players level and find out "what's it gonna take my man, tell uncle Troop?"

  11. #36
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Burbs of Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Jay Tate reporting Trooper out at AU

    Quote Originally Posted by TiderJ View Post
    You do realize success at both Bama and *U is defined by beating each other. Once Gus goes 0-3 or 0-4 against Bama/Saban he will be gone also and he won't be considered successful.
    Gotta disagree here.

    Success in Tuscaloosa is defined as winning championships. Beating the barn figures in primarily because it's hard to win a championship if you lose the last game of the regular season. Secondarily because of the intra-state rivalry.

    If you offered the typical Alabama fan the choice of an 8-5 season with a win vs the barn, or an SEC Championship, but with a loss to the barn, the significant majority would take the championship.

    The barn, however, defines itself by beating us. Those guys would be happy with 4-8 forever and always, so long as one of the four was us.

    Visit their museum and compare it to the Bryant Museum. The Bryant is a monument to SEC and National Championships. Theirs is a monument to wins over us.
    Undefeated World Champion Threadkiller

  12. #37
    BamaNation First Team HELENKELLERMRI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Shoals
    Posts
    404
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Jay Tate reporting Trooper out at AU

    Bet you Trooper left his firing with his cell to his ear calling recruits bad mouthing Auburn. Oh well they made that bed.

  13. #38
    BamaNation All-SEC TidefaninOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ocean Springs, MS
    Posts
    1,787
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Jay Tate reporting Trooper out at AU

    Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    Gotta disagree here.

    Success in Tuscaloosa is defined as winning championships. Beating the barn figures in primarily because it's hard to win a championship if you lose the last game of the regular season. Secondarily because of the intra-state rivalry.

    If you offered the typical Alabama fan the choice of an 8-5 season with a win vs the barn, or an SEC Championship, but with a loss to the barn, the significant majority would take the championship.

    The barn, however, defines itself by beating us. Those guys would be happy with 4-8 forever and always, so long as one of the four was us.

    Visit their museum and compare it to the Bryant Museum. The Bryant is a monument to SEC and National Championships. Theirs is a monument to wins over us.
    Heck, I didn't even realize they had a museum! Where is it.......inside Toomer's drugstore? (I've always wanted to go over there and gaze at that people's championship trophy!)
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan K. Simpson

  14. #39
    BamaNation All-American BamaDMD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Rainsville Al
    Posts
    3,793
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Jay Tate reporting Trooper out at AU

    Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    Wonder if Foster will switch back, but he may be a lightening rod.

    Everywhere he goes recruiting picks up but no doubt he's dirty. But in a slimy kind of way, these coaches know he can get down to a players level and find out "what's it gonna take my man, tell uncle Troop?"
    don't know but since he's back in play, LSU and Geogia are hitting him hard.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!