Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American BamaDMD's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Jay Tate reporting Trooper out at AU

Quote Originally Posted by TidefaninOS View Post
    Heck, I didn't even realize they had a museum! Where is it.......inside Toomer's drugstore? (I've always wanted to go over there and gaze at that people's championship trophy!)
    I'm still laughing at that one.

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by tidefaninvr View Post
    bye bye mr foster
    What is Foster going to do sporting that or those Barn tattoos at UGA or elsewhere?
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by mdb-tpet View Post
    We'll see for sure, but I have a gut feeling that Malzahn will be more successful than many here are admit, assuming he's not reigned in by the Board and it's friends.

Now how he gets to be successful will be the rub, and for how long he is the coach will be anyone's guess. I do feel like he'll be the next Petrino in that Auburn will be a strong 3rd in the division, occasionally working into second place.
    Really?? LSU isn't going anywhere, TAMU is emerging, Ole Miss gaining momentum, Miss St with a 4th year coach in place and Arky going back to smash mouth football. IMO, auburn with Gus will be fighting for 4th or 5th on an annual basis.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Jay Tate reporting Trooper out at AU

Don't think this is a good idea. Recruiting is about to take a hit, oops, it just did...
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation First Team

Let me be the first person in this thread to say...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I wanted those poisonous guys to stay!

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crmsntd91 View Post
    We can say what we want about Bobby Petrino, but he could turn average joes into All-American QB's. Gus has to have an All-World player for his system to be sucessful. We have witnessed it already. Two 8-5 seasons without Cam, one of those seasons his offense was ranked 100th nationally. 8-5 is not going to get you 3rd in the SEC West, it will take 9-10 wins to place 3rd in the SEC West.
    This is false. Gus had #1 in the NCAA offenses at Tulsa, and set Auburn records with Chris Todd. They may not win championships, but it will not be because of bad offense.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Al A Bama View Post
    What is Foster going to do sporting that or those Barn tattoos at UGA or elsewhere?
    Foster was quoted as saying he was told he could wear long sleeves to cover it up at UGA...

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by cbi1972 View Post
    This is false. Gus had #1 in the NCAA offenses at Tulsa, and set Auburn records with Chris Todd. They may not win championships, but it will not be because of bad offense.
    I'm not so sure. Without Cam, Malzahn's offense at the barn was 0-8 against Alabama, LSU, Georgia and Arkansas. In his third and last year, it averaged 11 points a game against those four, and that gives credit for at least two non-offensive TDs against us. Without those, it averaged just under 8.

Without Cam, they beat exactly one SEC team with a winning SEC record running Malzahn's offense.

I agree that they will roll up stats against inferior competition. But without a Heisman-caliber QB, have serious misgivings about the ability of this offense to beat truly good teams.
    Undefeated World Champion Threadkiller

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    I'm not so sure. Without Cam, Malzahn's offense at the barn was 0-8 against Alabama, LSU, Georgia and Arkansas. In his third and last year, it averaged 11 points a game against those four, and that gives credit for at least two non-offensive TDs against us. Without those, it averaged just under 8.

Without Cam, they beat exactly one SEC team with a winning SEC record running Malzahn's offense.

I agree that they will roll up stats against inferior competition. But without a Heisman-caliber QB, have serious misgivings about the ability of this offense to beat truly good teams.
    Barn fans would say that the reason for this was Chiz tampering with his genius and also why gus left.

I disagree with much of that.

I think chiz did hamstring the O (to try and protect the D) but I also feel that the conference DC's had caught up as well.

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Where do the Malzahn-offense doubters predict Auburn's offense to rank in the SEC in 2013?
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

BamaNation All-American BamaFlum's Avatar
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Jay Tate reporting Trooper out at AU

Quote Originally Posted by cbi1972 View Post
    Where do the Malzahn-offense doubters predict Auburn's offense to rank in the SEC in 2013?
    They will feast on average to poor defenses but struggle against quality defenses.
    RTR!

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    Perhaps getting rid of the entire staff is a way to lessen what the NCAA has in store for them.. Maybe the boogs are throwing the NCAA a preverbial bone.
    If they were serious they would offer up Dye, Lowder and Rane

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by tidefaninvr View Post
    bye bye mr foster
    I guess I'm differant...I would take Foster in a heart beat.....
    "You don't have to have a good memory if you are truthful"