Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Re: Jay Tate reporting Trooper out at AU

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFlum View Post
    They will feast on average to poor defenses but struggle against quality defenses.
    That sounds like a description of an above average offense.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar
    My Mood
    Stressed on TideFans.com

Chris Todd had the benefit of a solid OL--an OL recruited and developed for smashmouth football. That's going to be the real recruiting challenge for Gus.
    I may disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler.

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post
    Chris Todd had the benefit of a solid OL--an OL recruited and developed for smashmouth football. That's going to be the real recruiting challenge for Gus.
    Cam Newton had that benefit even more than Chris Todd.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Chris Todd did well in 2009. However, the SEC hadn't experienced that Gus offense. It wasn't the one he showed while at Arkansas. Cam did well in 2010 because he's unreal. 2011 didn't work as well because the OL was young (sidenote - was this year and will be next) and SEC coaches were catching on to Gus.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Chris Todd did well in 2009. However, the SEC hadn't experienced that Gus offense. It wasn't the one he showed while at Arkansas. Cam did well in 2010 because he's unreal. 2011 didn't work as well because the OL was young (sidenote - was this year and will be next) and SEC coaches were catching on to Gus.

Two things undid Gus in 2011. Auburn whiffed on its QB recruits, and Chizik meddled.

My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Foster made a comment in an interview with AL.com that he would go where ever Trooper went. Here's betting that you see Trooper hired by Georgia within the next few weeks. Here's a different article, but basically saying the same thing.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/ind...ooper_tay.html

BamaNation All-SEC Perrett4Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tiderollin32 View Post
    Hate to hear he finally had to throw in the towel......
    That's funny......real funny.....I love it.....
    "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Genesis 1:1

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Even with Scam, GM's offense, and a SR loaded team, the barn had a LOT of luck to win the bcs.
    3pt lucky saves against KY and MS ST, an OT win vs Clemson where the receiver dropped a perfect pass that hit him in the gut, a win at SC when SS and Garcia had their worst game of the year/career, and a 3point last play field goal against OR.

The barn will be a 7-8 win team with 9-10 wins occasionally.
    SNASS

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamabomber View Post
    Foster made a comment in an interview with AL.com that he would go where ever Trooper went. Here's betting that you see Trooper hired by Georgia within the next few weeks. Here's a different article, but basically saying the same thing.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/ind...ooper_tay.html
    I'm not so sure he's hireable with the NCAA microscope that would be coming with him, not to mention that he can't develop the talent he brings in. I do think Foster ends up at UGA but not anything to do with Trooper.
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEyeshade View Post
    Two things undid Gus in 2011. Auburn whiffed on its QB recruits, and Chizik meddled.
    Yea thats what they have been saying was the reason he left. He was not able to run the offense like he wanted to in 2011. Also Cheezwiz did not even want Cam, Malzahn had to jump up and down on a table to get his way on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    Gotta disagree here.

Success in Tuscaloosa is defined as winning championships. Beating the barn figures in primarily because it's hard to win a championship if you lose the last game of the regular season. Secondarily because of the intra-state rivalry.

If you offered the typical Alabama fan the choice of an 8-5 season with a win vs the barn, or an SEC Championship, but with a loss to the barn, the significant majority would take the championship.

The barn, however, defines itself by beating us. Those guys would be happy with 4-8 forever and always, so long as one of the four was us.

Visit their museum and compare it to the Bryant Museum. The Bryant is a monument to SEC and National Championships. Theirs is a monument to wins over us.
    They don't have a museum.

They have been on probation (7) three times more than they have NCs (2).

This is a clear indication to me that Gus Malzahn is being allowed to take control and hire only the people he wants. He is going to be successful and Auburn will be in the mix for the SEC West within 2 years.
    UA BS Mechanical Engineering 1992

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

But it has been posted somewhere on here that he wanted Trooper and was turned down by the PTB!