Jay Tate reporting Trooper out at AU

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
A caller on JOX yesterday said Trooper was the glue holding the barn together, that they had to keep him.
I guess their fans will be disappointed in this move.

Anybody with brains should realize you can't keep a fake thug like that around, it's a smart move getting rid of him.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
We'll see for sure, but I have a gut feeling that Malzahn will be more successful than many here are admit, assuming he's not reigned in by the Board and it's friends.

Now how he gets to be successful will be the rub, and for how long he is the coach will be anyone's guess. I do feel like he'll be the next Petrino in that Auburn will be a strong 3rd in the division, occasionally working into second place.
You do realize success at both Bama and *U is defined by beating each other. Once Gus goes 0-3 or 0-4 against Bama/Saban he will be gone also and he won't be considered successful.

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
You do realize success at both Bama and *U is defined by beating each other. Once Gus goes 0-3 or 0-4 against Bama/Saban he will be gone also and he won't be considered successful.
Can't agree with this. Yes, it helps any Bama coach to beat *U, but I wouldn't say success is defined by that at Bama. (It does at *U, though).

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
I wouldn't be surprised if Mahlzahn went after D. Craig at FSU. If Gus was over ruled on keeping TT, then it was to satisfy the NCAA. I would imagine Craig has a pretty good thing already at FSU with Jimbo.
I'm sure he'll get a pretty nice severance settlement.

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
I disagree with this big time. I think Malzahn is a better coach than Chizik, but he is not on the same level as Bobby Petrino.

We can say what we want about Bobby Petrino, but he could turn average joes into All-American QB's. Gus has to have an All-World player for his system to be sucessful. We have witnessed it already. Two 8-5 seasons without Cam, one of those seasons his offense was ranked 100th nationally. 8-5 is not going to get you 3rd in the SEC West, it will take 9-10 wins to place 3rd in the SEC West.

Texas A&M is the new Arkansas, just with a higher ceiling. Auburn is the new Mississippi St, just with a higher ceiling.

We'll see for sure, but I have a gut feeling that Malzahn will be more successful than many here are admit, assuming he's not reigned in by the Board and it's friends.

Now how he gets to be successful will be the rub, and for how long he is the coach will be anyone's guess. I do feel like he'll be the next Petrino in that Auburn will be a strong 3rd in the division, occasionally working into second place.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Not sure what all he has going with recruits but many will go elsewhere. I doubt they will follow him because he won't have the pockets setup.

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
Bill Curry?
HA! Knew you were gonna say that. It's true that Curry never beat the Barn, but he had a couple of good seasons at Bama. (Didn't he win the SEC his last year?) The point I was trying to make is that *U could go 1-11 with a win against us, and call it a successful season. That's not the case w/Bama, IMO.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I just heard on the radio that the 5star RB from Georgia just decomitted because of Tooper getting canned.
Wonder if Foster will switch back, but he may be a lightening rod.

Everywhere he goes recruiting picks up but no doubt he's dirty. But in a slimy kind of way, these coaches know he can get down to a players level and find out "what's it gonna take my man, tell uncle Troop?"

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Gotta disagree here.

Success in Tuscaloosa is defined as winning championships. Beating the barn figures in primarily because it's hard to win a championship if you lose the last game of the regular season. Secondarily because of the intra-state rivalry.

If you offered the typical Alabama fan the choice of an 8-5 season with a win vs the barn, or an SEC Championship, but with a loss to the barn, the significant majority would take the championship.

The barn, however, defines itself by beating us. Those guys would be happy with 4-8 forever and always, so long as one of the four was us.

Visit their museum and compare it to the Bryant Museum. The Bryant is a monument to SEC and National Championships. Theirs is a monument to wins over us.

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
Gotta disagree here.

Success in Tuscaloosa is defined as winning championships. Beating the barn figures in primarily because it's hard to win a championship if you lose the last game of the regular season. Secondarily because of the intra-state rivalry.

If you offered the typical Alabama fan the choice of an 8-5 season with a win vs the barn, or an SEC Championship, but with a loss to the barn, the significant majority would take the championship.

The barn, however, defines itself by beating us. Those guys would be happy with 4-8 forever and always, so long as one of the four was us.

Visit their museum and compare it to the Bryant Museum. The Bryant is a monument to SEC and National Championships. Theirs is a monument to wins over us.
Heck, I didn't even realize they had a museum! Where is it.......inside Toomer's drugstore? (I've always wanted to go over there and gaze at that people's championship trophy!)

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Wonder if Foster will switch back, but he may be a lightening rod.

Everywhere he goes recruiting picks up but no doubt he's dirty. But in a slimy kind of way, these coaches know he can get down to a players level and find out "what's it gonna take my man, tell uncle Troop?"
don't know but since he's back in play, LSU and Geogia are hitting him hard.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.