Jay Tate reporting Trooper out at AU

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Foster made a comment in an interview with AL.com that he would go where ever Trooper went. Here's betting that you see Trooper hired by Georgia within the next few weeks. Here's a different article, but basically saying the same thing.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2012/12/reuben_foster_says_trooper_tay.html
I'm not so sure he's hireable with the NCAA microscope that would be coming with him, not to mention that he can't develop the talent he brings in. I do think Foster ends up at UGA but not anything to do with Trooper.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Two things undid Gus in 2011. Auburn whiffed on its QB recruits, and Chizik meddled.
Yea thats what they have been saying was the reason he left. He was not able to run the offense like he wanted to in 2011. Also Cheezwiz did not even want Cam, Malzahn had to jump up and down on a table to get his way on that one.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Gotta disagree here.

Success in Tuscaloosa is defined as winning championships. Beating the barn figures in primarily because it's hard to win a championship if you lose the last game of the regular season. Secondarily because of the intra-state rivalry.

If you offered the typical Alabama fan the choice of an 8-5 season with a win vs the barn, or an SEC Championship, but with a loss to the barn, the significant majority would take the championship.

The barn, however, defines itself by beating us. Those guys would be happy with 4-8 forever and always, so long as one of the four was us.

Visit their museum and compare it to the Bryant Museum. The Bryant is a monument to SEC and National Championships. Theirs is a monument to wins over us.
They don't have a museum.

They have been on probation (7) three times more than they have NCs (2).:cool2:

dabaxter

1st Team
Nov 15, 2004
This is a clear indication to me that Gus Malzahn is being allowed to take control and hire only the people he wants. He is going to be successful and Auburn will be in the mix for the SEC West within 2 years.

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
It will definitely be interesting to see if TT can in fact keep his mouth shut and just enjoy the hush money, or if he gets too bent out of shape and decides to tell where the bodies are buried. I just can't see TT having the maturity to ride off into the sunset quietly. I'm sure either Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson have already contacted him to see if he needs their help.

Quicksilver

1st Team
Mar 13, 2010
Ellicott City, MD
Gotta disagree here.

Success in Tuscaloosa is defined as winning championships. Beating the barn figures in primarily because it's hard to win a championship if you lose the last game of the regular season. Secondarily because of the intra-state rivalry.

If you offered the typical Alabama fan the choice of an 8-5 season with a win vs the barn, or an SEC Championship, but with a loss to the barn, the significant majority would take the championship.

The barn, however, defines itself by beating us. Those guys would be happy with 4-8 forever and always, so long as one of the four was us.

Visit their museum and compare it to the Bryant Museum. The Bryant is a monument to SEC and National Championships. Theirs is a monument to wins over us.
The above is exactly correct.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
They don't have a museum.

They have been on probation (7) three times more than they have NCs (2).:cool2:
Google Lovelace Museum (their words) or Rane Reception Room. Whether you or I think so, they clearly believe they have a museum.

Last edited:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Where do the Malzahn-offense doubters predict Auburn's offense to rank in the SEC in 2013?

Mid pack to lower mid pack for Gus's first year.

Malzon has to play Alabama, LSU, TAMU... Three likely losses for AU right there.
Ole Sis has improved and should beat AU.
Georgia will still field a good team... Another loss.
That's 5 losses without MSU, Arkansas, which could also be losses... Depending...

Gus will be a pretty good coach, but he's saddled with pending NCAA issues.
Gus must find a mobile QB to run his 'Running Spread Offense'.
Gus must rebuild the AU Defense. It is really bad.
(Not sure Johnson is up to the job)

For Gus... A plus is Trooper leaving.↓
With the NCAA having AU in it's 'Cross Hairs', even if they miss, the effect will be continued turmoil. :)

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I'm surprised. Since they were in the stag together with CGC, I figured Gus would
have kept him. Maybe Uthug will take him back.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

Mid pack to lower mid pack for Gus's first year.

Malzon has to play Alabama, LSU, TAMU... Three likely losses for AU right there.
Ole Sis has improved and should beat AU.
Georgia will still field a good team... Another loss.
That's 5 losses without MSU, Arkansas, which could also be losses... Depending...

Gus will be a pretty good coach, but he's saddled with pending NCAA issues.
Gus must find a mobile QB to run his 'Running Spread Offense'.
Gus must rebuild the AU Defense. It is really bad.
(Not sure Johnson is up to the job)

For Gus... A plus is Trooper leaving.↓
With the NCAA having AU in it's 'Cross Hairs', even if they miss, the effect will be continued turmoil. :)
Gus did fine (#1 NCAA) at Tulsa with a quarterback that didn't run.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
It will definitely be interesting to see if TT can in fact keep his mouth shut and just enjoy the hush money, or if he gets too bent out of shape and decides to tell where the bodies are buried. I just can't see TT having the maturity to ride off into the sunset quietly. I'm sure either Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson have already contacted him to see if he needs their help.
I just don't buy into any of the "blackmail" type talk around these crooked coaches. If any coach were to turn on their employer (or ex-employer) they would be effectively ending their professional coaching career.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Gus' HUNH offense worked great in weaker conferences, but did not impress against the better teams in the SEC, except when Cam was there. His offense caught some people off guard in '09 because it was new to the conference. Now that TAMU, Ole Miss, and the Vomiteers are going to be running it, we are going to see HUNH at least 4 times a year. Our defense will get used to the speed of it, and it will no longer have the surprise element. The first nail in the coffin to all trendy gimmick offenses is popularity. Ask Urban Meyer.

Last edited:

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Gus' HUNH offense worked great in weaker conferences, but did not impress against the better teams in the SEC, except when Cam was there. His offense caught some people off guard in '09 because it was new to the conference. Now that TAMU, Ole Miss, and the Vomiteers are going to be running it, we are going to see HUNH at least 4 times a year. Our defense will get used to the speed of it, and it will no longer have the surprise element. The first nail in the coffin to all trendy gimmick offenses is popularity. Ask Urban Meyer.
Urban Meyer showed that "X is a gimmick that will never work in the SEC" is not a universal truth.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.