Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Re: We are about to see why a lot of people can't stand Notre Dame.

I went into the basement of a relative years ago that went to ND and there were 2 things that stuck out, one was a banner from the 1966 season and the other were these little pillows on the couch saying, "it's hard to be humble when you went to ND"!
    Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    A regular caller on our local sports talk radio show called in this morning and said "Over the next five weeks we're about to be reminded why a lot of people can't stand Notre Dame."

He went on to say that most of the listening audience may not be old enough to remember. But he's of the age where he remembers from a national media standpoint, Notre Dame WAS THE only headline on the front page of the sports page or the front running story on the sports segment. When you said "college football" it was the equivalent of saying "Notre Dame". He said he remembered if you weren't a Notre Dame fan you got so sick of Notre Dame being worked into every college football conversation from a national media standpoint.

He said he thinks over the next five weeks until January 7th. In hopes to rid the sour taste of the SEC fatigue from their mouth, they (the media) are going to push Notre Dame and their greatness down everybody's throats.
    I can tolerate that sour taste. Let's give them the BIG head, thinking that there is any way they are going to lose to Bama. All Bama people need to do the same thing. Notre Dame is just too tough for Bama. Mr. Te'o is just tooooo tough for us to handle. We'll need at least 6 blockers on him on each play. Their offense is just toooo good for Bama's defense.

Didn't this happen in 1992 against Miami? We just didn't have a chance against those Hurricanes in '92. We just don't have a chance against Noter Dumb! I just can't see why Bama is favored. That needs to change. It's going to be so bad, they'll beat us like we beat the Barn!

On January 7, 2013, the media will be saying "what happened to God's team?" My only explanation is that God's team is in Tuscaloosa, not the bend on the south side of Chicago.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

[QUOTE=ALA2262;2059008]Reminds me of the Syracuse talk and ink in December 1952. Of course, there was a ton less of it, but what was there was the same as now. One would have thought Syracuse had invented football, and Bama had never played a game.[/QUOTE My first cousin played in that game for alabama.]

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Guess I was ahead of the 'Curve' on this one... I have never been a fan of ND.

Thanks derek4tide
    Last edited by Toddrn; December 7th, 2012 at 02:26 PM.

The mystique left when the Gipper assumed room temperature.

Quote Originally Posted by J4Bama View Post
    You don't think anyone that is not a Bama fan feels the some way about us?
    Ding, ding, ding... BAMA and the SEC are in position now. It's good to be king and deserve it.

BamaNation Second Team

I posted this to another thread:

My dislike goes back when the sports media voted Notre Dames' Huarte for Heisman instead of Namath. They both went with the Jets and I am not sure if Huarte ever played a down.

Then to make matters worse in 1966, Bama is undefeated and untied and the media voted for Notre Dame and Michigan State as the #1 teams. The two had tied when I believe Notre Dame would not go for two to win. If would have given Bama three straight national championships.

BTW. How many knew that Frank Thomas' roommate was the Gipper?
    Last edited by Cannon; December 8th, 2012 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Spelling

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    Sleepy on TideFans.com

We are about to see why a lot of people can't stand Notre Dame.

I hope Bama beats them by 30!
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    The hatred for Notre Dame has never died out in the Midwest. B1G fans are torn - root for the SEC, which owns us, or root for the one team that you have hated your entire lives.
    I did not realize there was that much hatred for Notre Dame in the Midwest and B1G. I always figured that was a Southern thing.

[QUOTE=tide power fan;2059286]
    Quote Originally Posted by ALA2262 View Post
    Reminds me of the Syracuse talk and ink in December 1952. Of course, there was a ton less of it, but what was there was the same as now. One would have thought Syracuse had invented football, and Bama had never played a game.[/QUOTE My first cousin played in that game for alabama.]
    Well, I hope Bama respond the way Bama did against Syracuse. tide power fan, you must have been around for quite a few years!
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    I hope Bama beats them by 30!
    How about the way Bama beat Michigan State after the 2010 season!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine Free Sta View Post
    I did not realize there was that much hatred for Notre Dame in the Midwest and B1G. I always figured that was a Southern thing.
    They live with us, work with us. We hear it every day. Think Auburn after they won in 2010, except they keep on winning.