We are about to see why a lot of people can't stand Notre Dame.

Cannon

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 1, 2004
Hamilton, AL USA
watvc.com
I posted this to another thread:

My dislike goes back when the sports media voted Notre Dames' Huarte for Heisman instead of Namath. They both went with the Jets and I am not sure if Huarte ever played a down.

Then to make matters worse in 1966, Bama is undefeated and untied and the media voted for Notre Dame and Michigan State as the #1 teams. The two had tied when I believe Notre Dame would not go for two to win. If would have given Bama three straight national championships.

BTW. How many knew that Frank Thomas' roommate was the Gipper?

Last edited:

Sabine Free Sta

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 3, 2012
The hatred for Notre Dame has never died out in the Midwest. B1G fans are torn - root for the SEC, which owns us, or root for the one team that you have hated your entire lives.
I did not realize there was that much hatred for Notre Dame in the Midwest and B1G. I always figured that was a Southern thing.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Reminds me of the Syracuse talk and ink in December 1952. Of course, there was a ton less of it, but what was there was the same as now. One would have thought Syracuse had invented football, and Bama had never played a game.[/QUOTE My first cousin played in that game for alabama.]
Well, I hope Bama respond the way Bama did against Syracuse. tide power fan, you must have been around for quite a few years!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I did not realize there was that much hatred for Notre Dame in the Midwest and B1G. I always figured that was a Southern thing.
They live with us, work with us. We hear it every day. Think Auburn after they won in 2010, except they keep on winning.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
The hatred for Notre Dame has never died out in the Midwest. B1G fans are torn - root for the SEC, which owns us, or root for the one team that you have hated your entire lives.
I now live up here in the midwest and can attest that most of these people hope Alabama pummels ND.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I have several long time friends dating back to the 60's, both are alums of tOSU, one is a graduate of tOSU medical school. They hate ND as much as Alabama fans.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
By the way, in the '66 game Notre Dame ran out the clock instead of trying to score. Total screw job.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
As I grew up in Europe, I never knew anything about OurMa and its history. When I came to Chattanooga in 1980 and started watching football, I never could understand why all the fuss about Our Ma. Still don't. They were awarded the NC in 1988 but there's been nowt to write home about them since. I believe TV sportcasters must have a paragraph in their contracts that they are required to talk about Our Ma at least once a show no matter what crabby team they have. Glad to hear OSU and the Big Whatever can't stand them either.

So we must all be prepared over the next few weeks to take anti-nausea medication because our stomachs will be turned with so much fawning over Our Ma that we will want to go Hughie in the toilet bowl. Kelly is a good coach but I'd never bet against Coach Saban with 4 or 5 weeks to prepare.

CrimsonPaul

1st Team
Jun 12, 2006
Brandon, MS
I saw a tweet this morning where ND had over 100,000 requests for tickets for the BCS Championship game. They charged $25 a request just to enter the lottery for the tickets so ND have picked up over $2.5 million already.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
I saw a tweet this morning where ND had over 100,000 requests for tickets for the BCS Championship game. They charged $25 a request just to enter the lottery for the tickets so ND have picked up over $2.5 million already.
I was listening to Sports Radio the other day and some clown was ooooing and awwwweing over a story about a ND Alum saying he would pay half of the face value of a student ticket for all the students who get student tickets. It costs over $50,000 a year to attend ND. These kids aren't hurting for $300.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.